Help With V4 to Genesis2 Textures ?????

Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,293
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am confused about the V4 for Genesis2 Female I bought so I could use V4 clothes and textures on G2. However, it's not working. Is G2 set up to only take DUF material presets for textures and nothing else? Also, does this mean I have to manually add the textures and then save them in the required material preset format? That will be a headache. It didn't come with any instructions, only that you need to re-save in DUF format.

Comments

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Read steps 1-7 at the link below. The rest of the sfeps only apply to Poser users.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/32150/#477689

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

It's to do with the new surface arrangement on Genesis 2. The older format of files isn't 'smart' enough to accommodate them, so they need to be converted to DUF format. As WheelMan's tutorial shows, you can easily convert to DUF format by using Genesis classic as a middle-man, applying the necessary textures to Genesis and then saving them as a preset.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,293
    edited December 1969

Thanks both of you, will definitely save me time if I don't have to load them manually, was not looking forward to that...lol

On my way to read and implement.

edited December 1969

It didn't work. I loaded V4, applied the texture, saved as a material preset, deleted V4 and loaded G2, applied the V4 for Genesis Female and then tried to use the newly created DUF and it didn't work.

Any other idea's on how to get this to work? Oh and I am using Daz 4.5 not 4.6 if that makes a difference.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

I'm afraid you need to use 4.6 for this to work.

edited December 1969

Oh great and the only free character that has a textures is the one that came with her, the eyes are not that great. Time to uninstall.

Thanks Richard.