Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.12.2.60! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

The image with the power cord still crashes the beta on save.
    sad

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926
    edited July 2019

The DAZ 3D Animation Tutorial Playlist on YouTube needs one or more videos made and added explaining how to use the new IK chains and contact solving, eg the feet on the floor or a frying pan in the hand properly or frying pan on top of a stove properly and so on, so we can more thoroughly test these new DAZ Studio public betas.  

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • CriGoCriGo Posts: 1
    edited July 2019

Still crash at 99% whan saving a opened 4.11 scene. Please, fix thix issue.

I can to provide a DAZStudio_error_report_190731-162830.zip with dump and logs if required.

2019-07-31 16:25:32.544 Loaded image g8fbaseeyelashes_1006.jpg
    2019-07-31 16:25:32.811 Loaded image 01OOTClassicBobHair.jpg
    2019-07-31 16:25:33.073 Loaded image 12OOTClassicBobHair.jpg
    2019-07-31 16:25:33.104 Loaded image 12OOTClassicBobCap.jpg
    2019-07-31 16:28:29.804 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(3407): Empty absolutePath passed to DzContentMgr::getRelativePath()

Post edited by CriGo on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,899
    CriGo said:

Still crash at 99% whan saving a opened 4.11 scene. Please, fix thix issue.

I can to provide a DAZStudio_error_report_190731-162830.zip with dump and logs if required.

2019-07-31 16:25:32.544 Loaded image g8fbaseeyelashes_1006.jpg
    2019-07-31 16:25:32.811 Loaded image 01OOTClassicBobHair.jpg
    2019-07-31 16:25:33.073 Loaded image 12OOTClassicBobHair.jpg
    2019-07-31 16:25:33.104 Loaded image 12OOTClassicBobCap.jpg
    2019-07-31 16:28:29.804 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(3407): Empty absolutePath passed to DzContentMgr::getRelativePath()

You'll need to report it, giving as much details as you can

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

In the meantime, if you want to attach the scene file and list the contents used, I'll have a go at it.

• mikmodmikmod Posts: 65
    f7eer said:
    Did you report the problem to DAZ customer support? It may be a different different problem. I reported the problem with a description of what I think happened, as well with the crash dump file that DAZ Studio created. The dump file may be key finding other ways of causing the same problem, or it may tell them you are still running DS 4.12.0.33, instead of DS 4.12.0.42 (which fixes the problem). But without the dump, nobody can say anything.

I'm using 4.12.0.42, which I installed this morning. 

Unfortunately, I have no idea what happened. But it's the same error I received every other time:

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "D:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\dzcore.dll" at 0033:00000000A12DE420, DzIKNode::isCreatingChain()+17744 byte(s)

I have the dump file, but I actually have no idea where to report Beta bugs vs. normal bugs...

I also see that IK crashing bug during saving, which is still present in .42 beta: DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\dzcore.dll" at 0033:00000000C903E420, DzIKNode::isCreatingChain()+17744 byte(s)

The file itself is saved in (probably) 4.10 or even older version of DAZ Studio.

edited July 2019

It seems one of the culprits of this "DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\dzcore.dll" at 0033:00000000C903E420, DzIKNode::isCreatingChain()+17744 byte(s)" crash are those three entries:

Leonides02, check, if your file has those and try to remove them along with keys (animation doesn't seem to suffer at all), and save the file? It should not crash during saving anymore. I'm double checking this now.

Edit: Yup, confirmed.

probable cause of crash.PNG
    1888 x 402 - 65K
    Post edited by mikmod on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136

It isn't just Select All that is terribly slow. I had selected two clothed figures and some hair and tried Select Children. It took several minutes.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282
    3Ddreamer said:
    L'Adair said:
    3Ddreamer said:

DS 4.12.0.42 Beta seems to have fixed the Blank render problem I've had since 4.11 Beta. I've tested 4 quick portrait, shutting down between each setup - and they render first time, every time.

Spoke too soon - old scenes created in 4.11 still render blank first time. New scenes are fine.

What happens if you save a copy of the 4.11 scenes, shut down .42, reopen .42, load the saved copy and then render?

(This assumes the 4.11 saved scene doesn't crash .42 when you save…! lol)

I hadn't tried that, I will give it a go when I get home from work, but I wasn't seeing the crashing with 4.11 scenes in the last 4.12 Beta, so suspect that wasn't affecting my setup. There definitely seems something odd about 4.11

Hi @L'Adair - opened a 4.11 scene (actually one of my character scene subsets), saved it in 4.12B, closed 4.12B, reopened loaded Subset - no crashes for me but now this subset renders first time, which it wasn't until I saved in 4.12B

• ParadigmParadigm Posts: 421
    barbult said:

It isn't just Select All that is terribly slow. I had selected two clothed figures and some hair and tried Select Children. It took several minutes.

Yeah, it takes forever.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited August 2019

Holy Cheese & Crackers. .  I have to tip my hat off and say congratulations Daz Guys, I had to post a screen shot of tonights render of a 300 keyframe animation being rendered in a 1 hour 12 minutes 57 seconds

This render was with the view port on and running in iray, & my GPU ran much cooler than previous renders using the same set up.  wicked awesome software upgrade I can't stop grinning, I never had a issue the whole time, not one crash .  I keyframed this animation by hand so far using daz beta 12 and a 4 k HDRI and dragon3

Again I am very impressed . I can not tell you how happy I am at the render speed I am amazed watching the scrubber moving so fast across the timeline , I'll have this dragon screen test animation done in a few days and I'll post it for you to see.  I'm going to put this beta through the paces so I added a few more scene. but as fast as this version of studio is running I'm getting 12 seconds a frame during these scene renders & WOW!! {{{HUGE SMILE}}}

Capture.JPG
    1916 x 1079 - 264K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    Ivy said:

Holy Cheese & Crackers. .  I have to tip my hat off and say congratulations Daz Guys, I had to post a screen shot of tonights render of a 300 keyframe animation being rendered in a 1 hour 12 minutes 87 seconds

This render was with the view port on and running in iray, & my GPU ran much cooler than previous renders using the same set up.  wicked awesome software upgrade I can't stop grinning, I never had a issue the whole time, not one crash .  I keyframed this animation by hand so far using daz beta 12 and a 4 k HDRI and dragon3

Again I am very impressed . I can not tell you how happy I am at the render speed I am amazed watching the scrubber moving so fast across the timeline , I'll have this dragon screen test animation done in a few days and I'll post it for you to see.  I'm going to put this beta through the paces so I added a few more scene. but as fast as this version of studio is running I'm getting 12 seconds a frame during these scene renders & WOW!! {{{HUGE SMILE}}}

Does that really say your GPU is 113 Degrees? Yikes!

edited August 2019

Yup that is what its says .  2 1080ti gpus  113 degrees    its very very good number for gaming, I could not find anything on rendering,  I'm over clocked by 25% so I figure I am safe,     https://www.wepc.com/tips/optimal-cpu-gpu-temperature-gaming/

edit I should mention my CPU is a Intel Dual Core i7 .335Ghz   So my Gpu normals should be 122°F - 150.8°F    50°C - 66°C and 1 1080ti peak is 195 degrees so I should be good to go has not let me down yet anyway

Post edited by Ivy on
    3Ddreamer said:
    3Ddreamer said:
    L'Adair said:
    3Ddreamer said:

DS 4.12.0.42 Beta seems to have fixed the Blank render problem I've had since 4.11 Beta. I've tested 4 quick portrait, shutting down between each setup - and they render first time, every time.

Spoke too soon - old scenes created in 4.11 still render blank first time. New scenes are fine.

What happens if you save a copy of the 4.11 scenes, shut down .42, reopen .42, load the saved copy and then render?

(This assumes the 4.11 saved scene doesn't crash .42 when you save…! lol)

I hadn't tried that, I will give it a go when I get home from work, but I wasn't seeing the crashing with 4.11 scenes in the last 4.12 Beta, so suspect that wasn't affecting my setup. There definitely seems something odd about 4.11

Hi @L'Adair - opened a 4.11 scene (actually one of my character scene subsets), saved it in 4.12B, closed 4.12B, reopened loaded Subset - no crashes for me but now this subset renders first time, which it wasn't until I saved in 4.12B

I have no idea why this is, but let's just take the win and celebrate!
    laugh

edited August 2019
    Ivy said:

Yup that is what its says .  2 1080ti gpus  113 degrees    its very very good number for gaming, I could not find anything on rendering,  I'm over clocked by 25% so I figure I am safe,     https://www.wepc.com/tips/optimal-cpu-gpu-temperature-gaming/

edit I should mention my CPU is a Intel Dual Core i7 .335Ghz   So my Gpu normals should be 122°F - 150.8°F    50°C - 66°C and 1 1080ti peak is 195 degrees so I should be good to go has not let me down yet anyway

I guess I was thinking Celsius! Never mind...blush

The thing that threw me off was that your target temp is displayed in Celsius and your actual temp is displayed in Fahrenheit.

Post edited by barbult on

yeah I'm not sure why the default is set to Celsius weird. but if you look at my power temp bar its not even at 50%  The warning bar won't even start to turn red until its 182 degrees Fahrenheit.  Max's out at 195,  these 1080ti founders editions cards were suppose to be pretty stout gpu's

maxikg said:

It seems one of the culprits of this "DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\dzcore.dll" at 0033:00000000C903E420, DzIKNode::isCreatingChain()+17744 byte(s)" crash are those three entries:

Leonides02, check, if your file has those and try to remove them along with keys (animation doesn't seem to suffer at all), and save the file? It should not crash during saving anymore. I'm double checking this now.

It looks like you found the issue I'm having with the power cord. A couple pages back, I shared the duf files for a power cord that crashed 4.12 on save, and one that didn't crash 4.12 on save. After reading your post, I loaded each and took a screenshot of the timeline. Here's the comparison:

Power Cord Timeline Comparison

It took me a while to realize the ik-[bone] listed under properties was referring to the pins on those bones. It also took me several tries at removing pins and removing keys and so on, before I finally realized I could select the ik-[bone] line and delete the line, (the IK Chain reference?) using the delete key on my keyboard. I'd tried right-click and there wasn't a delete option for the line.

Once I deleted the line for all the IK Chains in the Timeline, I was able to save the file in 4.12. To further test, while in 4.12, I added new pins to several bones in the cord. At this point, there were no IK Chain references under the Power Cord in Timeline. I then saved the scene. (No crash.) I reopened the scene and the Timeline showed IK Chain references for the pins I had made before saving the file. I then saved the file again. Again it did not crash.

I just want to say, it isn't going to be obvious we need to check the Timeline for scenes saved in a previous version of Daz Studio, especially for those of us who aren't doing animations. I hope Daz comes up with an elegant solution before 4.12 is Released.

(I also hope this issue is the only one crashing 4.12 on save!)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

I have had a 1st gen i-core i5 intel CPU (ASUS EP121 Tablet) that would shut off the computer every time it got to 105C so I guess GPUs can run hotter.

L'Adair said:
    maxikg said:

It looks like you found the issue I'm having with the power cord. A couple pages back, I shared the duf files for a power cord that crashed 4.12 on save, and one that didn't crash 4.12 on save. After reading your post, I loaded each and took a screenshot of the timeline. Here's the comparison:

It took me a while to realize the ik-[bone] listed under properties was referring to the pins on those bones. It also took me several tries at removing pins and removing keys and so on, before I finally realized I could select the ik-[bone] line and delete the line, (the IK Chain reference?) using the delete key on my keyboard. I'd tried right-click and there wasn't a delete option for the line.

Once I deleted the line for all the IK Chains in the Timeline, I was able to save the file in 4.12. To further test, while in 4.12, I added new pins to several bones in the cord. At this point, there were no IK Chain references under the Power Cord in Timeline. I then saved the scene. (No crash.) I reopened the scene and the Timeline showed IK Chain references for the pins I had made before saving the file. I then saved the file again. Again it did not crash.

I just want to say, it isn't going to be obvious we need to check the Timeline for scenes saved in a previous version of Daz Studio, especially for those of us who aren't doing animations. I hope Daz comes up with an elegant solution before 4.12 is Released.

Yep, I'm glad it's also working for you with the cord, now to wait for confirmation on Leonides02's side. It's exactly as you say, you select the IK bone pin and simply press [Del] to get rid of it, and it doesn't seem to destroy the animation sequence of the bones. 

Remains to be seen, how 4.12 saves pinned bones of IK skeleton of animated sequence - I'm going to do some tests today! 

It's great that the cause is more or less pinpointed, cause Iray RTX is well worth this hassle :) 

• L'Adair said:
    maxikg said:

Rob says they have now idetnified the issue, and the fix should be listed in the change log fairly soon.

L'Adair said:
    maxikg said:

Rob says they have now idetnified the issue, and the fix should be listed in the change log fairly soon.

YAY! Happy dance!
    heart

(Or in other words, that's really good news!)

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    maxikg said:

Yep, I'm glad it's also working for you with the cord, now to wait for confirmation on Leonides02's side. It's exactly as you say, you select the IK bone pin and simply press [Del] to get rid of it, and it doesn't seem to destroy the animation sequence of the bones. 

Great detective work, guys! I'll check tonight once I am home.

• L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:
    maxikg said:

YAY! Happy dance!
    heart

(Or in other words, that's really good news!)

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_12_0_46 - it's the last of the multi-line entries, plus the next entry.

• Yeah this is getting me no where.  Clicked your link, took me to a beta listing, listed as 4.11  it did allow me to purchase an item that shows up in DIM as 'Public Beta Content 1 DS.   DIM downloaded/installed as per normal.  Running Daz, ver. still reads as 4.11.0.383  Nothing seems changed, no new panes suchs as graphmate/keymate. No new icons for running a different version of DAZ (my icon still reads 4.11 Pro), Nothing in installed pluggins or settings that would to appear to enable beta functionality over 4.11 public release.  Basically a d/l that does nothing imho.

• Yeah this is getting me no where.  Clicked your link, took me to a beta listing, listed as 4.11  it did allow me to purchase an item that shows up in DIM as 'Public Beta Content 1 DS.   DIM downloaded/installed as per normal.  Running Daz, ver. still reads as 4.11.0.383  Nothing seems changed, no new panes suchs as graphmate/keymate. No new icons for running a different version of DAZ (my icon still reads 4.11 Pro), Nothing in installed pluggins or settings that would to appear to enable beta functionality over 4.11 public release.  Basically a d/l that does nothing imho.

What link?

•  

What link?

If this is your first time downloading Daz Studio Pro BETA, simply follow this link, click the "ADD TO CART" button on the page and then follow the checkout process.

(http://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta)

•  

What link?

If this is your first time downloading Daz Studio Pro BETA, simply follow this link, click the "ADD TO CART" button on the page and then follow the checkout process.

(http://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta)

Assuming you "purchased" it, you need to enable the Public Build setting in IM Downloads.

• lorddayradonlorddayradon Posts: 397
    edited August 2019

Assuming you "purchased" it, you need to enable the Public Build setting in IM Downloads.

As I mentioned, "it did allow me to purchase an item that shows up in DIM as 'Public Beta Content 1 DS.   DIM downloaded/installed as per normal. "

Edit:  oops, found the filter you/they mentioned.  They might want to include a blurp about the gear icon in the top right and mention configuration settings to be more concise in their instructions.  TY for the help Jelly.

Post edited by lorddayradon on
  • It is not that. There should be entries highlighted in yellow.

Public Build.jpg
    841 x 235 - 76K
  • lorddayradonlorddayradon Posts: 397
    edited August 2019

It is,  if you don't go to  configuration settings (gear icon) then downloads tab,  and enable the 'public downloads' filter that they mention, the yellow ones will never show up.

They just skipped the first two steps in their FAQ/instructions and mention the filter step 3.  LoL driving a car instructions like theirs would be funny..

1. step on Gas,  vs.  1. start car 2. put in gear 3. step on gas

Post edited by lorddayradon on
  • It is,  if you don't go to  configuration settings (gear icon) then downloads tab,  and enable the 'public downloads' filter that they mention, the yellow ones will never show up.

They just skipped the first two steps in their FAQ/instructions and mention the filter step 3.  LoL driving a car instructions like theirs would be funny..

1. step on Gas,  vs.  1. start car 2. put in gear 3. step on gas

There's also a clearly labelled Download Filters button on the Ready to Download tab, which will achieve the same as clicking the gear icon and then going to the Downloads tab.