Windows 8.1 Pro Compatibility Question...

edited December 1969 in New Users

Is there a place that I can see what files and such are needed to get:

A. The render engine to work properly without crashing.

B. The render engine to render LAMH [full version] in a non-guide format? [I had this problem on my last machine also Win 7 UE]
That thread is here -- http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/31554/
If I use the #3 render option, OpenGL GLSL I get the scraggly little guide lines, if I use 3Delight [#4] I get a "Failed to Render" pop-up, then the render software continues to run in the background endlessly.

I just got my new Cyberpower Fang III FTW SE desktop and it has Windows 8.1 Pro x64. I have downloaded all the basics and installed them, Java, Python 3.3, Visual Studio 2013, Cuda 5.5, Visual C++ Redistributable 2008 with SP... AND I still have the same issues...

Aside from Daz3d I am also having these other issues [not that I expect a resolution here but just that the info may in some manner help]

Blender - When I load a .blend file there is nothing visible in my workspace.
Octane - When I load a file [including the DLC Tutorial files from the site] there is no visual update, a blank "render viewport," as soon as I select a node -- crash to desktop.

Considering the issues I am working through I haven't bothered to load Zbrush, Poser 2012, Manga Studio, Photoshop CS6, or anything else since it seems that all graphics programs are giving me a hard time. I am assuming that it is all related to quite possibly one thing, or at least hoping.

Under HELP>TROUBLESHOOTING>ABOUT YOUR VIDEO CARD it says:
Current OpenGL Version:
OpenGL Provider:
NVIDIA Corporation
Hardware:
GeForce GTX 760/PCIe/SSE2
Features:
MultiTexturing
Supported

Shadow Map
Supported

Hardware Antialiasing
Supported

OpenGL Shading Language
Supported

Pixel Buffer
Supported

Pixel Buffer Size
Not Enabled

Maximum Number of Lights

Number of Texture Units

Maximum Texture Size
16384 x 16384

I have also attached a copy of my log below.

I hope someone may know what's up here... I am on such limited time with work it is very frustrating not being able to use my new PC for its intended purpose.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

OpenGL will not work for LaMH, unless you have exported as OBJ, as the hair uses a 3Delight feature. Is there anything more in the log file after a failed render?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

If I use the #3 render option, OpenGL GLSL I get the scraggly little guide lines, if I use 3Delight [#4] I get a "Failed to Render" pop-up, then the render software continues to run in the background endlessly.

Sounds like you're using the very basic "Quality vs. Speed" slider in the Render Settings dialog. That's really no help at all trying to figure out odd problems like this. Can you collapse that panel (there's a grey line directly under the rabbit, click the white triangle in the middle), switch to the "Advanced" sub-tab and post a screenshot of the "Render Engine" section? Something in there might point to where your problem is. (If the Render Settings dialog isn't big enough to show the whole section all at once, you can grab the edges of the dialog and stretch it until it is big enough.)
  • edited December 1969

Sounds like you're using the very basic "Quality vs. Speed" slider in the Render Settings dialog. That's really no help at all trying to figure out odd problems like this. Can you collapse that panel (there's a grey line directly under the rabbit, click the white triangle in the middle), switch to the "Advanced" sub-tab and post a screenshot of the "Render Engine" section? Something in there might point to where your problem is. (If the Render Settings dialog isn't big enough to show the whole section all at once, you can grab the edges of the dialog and stretch it until it is big enough.)

Here that is... I included both errors also...

screen2.png
    1768 x 992 - 1M
    Screen1.png
    1768 x 992 - 1M
    screen3.png
    1768 x 992 - 844K
  • edited December 1969

The funniest thing is that this worked on my old computer with Vista... I then upgraded to Windows 7 and after a short while it stopped working. I then upgraded my computer to this monster, which will set me back $3900 after I pay off my financing... LOL! I assumed I could never run into a problem with this... but alas. I did create renders with LAMH models before... In my previous post someone responded to reset everything to default. However that made the issue worse. Honestly, I don't remember how I had it setup before that... It is very perplexing. I can export the LAMH as an object but then it looks all crappy when I render, it looks like a plastic toupe or something and doesn't really resemble hair at all.

• edited November 2013

-deleted text-

Post edited by s.camburn.faithbook on
  • edited December 1969

There is a lot more in the log but it would take up several full posts and I don't want to get banned from the forum for spamming my log or something... lol

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Just paste the last few lines, after you start the render.

• edited December 1969

Just paste the last few lines, after you start the render.

Rendering image
    Compiled C:/Users/RenderMaster/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{7d415880-4821-4bfd-9ef2-faee8a467653}/shader_Surface.sdl…
    Total Rendering Time: 2.20 seconds

Compiled C:/Users/RenderMaster/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{a1d9181c-6a33-435f-9070-1700cb337354}/shader_Surface.sdl…
    stdin: in function dz_curve_hair

stdin:67: WARNING: variable ‘dPdv’ should be declared as ‘extern’

stdin:70: WARNING: variable ‘N’ should be declared as ‘extern’

stdin:73: WARNING: variable ‘P’ should be declared as ‘extern’

stdin:81: WARNING: variable ‘v’ should be declared as ‘extern’

Compiled C:/Users/RenderMaster/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{64b98576-83ab-40a8-91ef-8828b061a625}/shader_Surface.sdl…
    Total Rendering Time: 2.74 seconds

• edited December 1969

Nevermind... The issues is resolved. Updated LAMH to 1.07.03beta and it worked just fine... I am guessing that the issue already was resolved. I think, this is just me, that in the store product description, or the page you get about items you purchased, should link to the Open Beta project at http://www.furrythings.com/look-hair-open-beta/ to encourage new users to update to the current version to avoid future conflicts with the same misunderstanding.

I assumed that LAMH 1.0 I purchased would work fine with DS 4.6 straight out of the box, this is not the case it would seem.

Sorry for the long drawn out issue for something so simply (and obviously) fixed...