DAZ 3 files in DAZ 4

DaveTheVoiceDaveTheVoice Posts: 23
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have searched and looked and whatever... I have DAZ Studio 3.X and now DAZ 4.6. The reason I have been hesitant in using the new DAZ is the file content. Yes if you use the DIM then EVERYTHING is findable. But I have terabytes of files that were installed for DAZ Studio 3. Yes content manager can "find" them but how are we supposed to organize the file system? The tips and videos listed here in the Forum are and still are great for DS3, but now I am just begging for the same kind of assistance in using the CM for 4.6.

Also I have used the DIM to install anything I have since purchased or had purchased, and finding everything is great! Just the meta data doesn't work well now. On the premise that if you have it loaded and selected, then anything that can be used with that item will show in the content manager. Nothing shows for me.

Thanks for any and all tips and guides!

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Not all content has metadata and therefore will not work in the Smart Content Pane.

Why not just map your DS3 content files in DS4.6 and everything will show up in the Content Library Pane...if you don't know how just ask and I will point you in the right direction.

• DaveTheVoiceDaveTheVoice Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Not all content has metadata and therefore will not work in the Smart Content Pane.

Why not just map your DS3 content files in DS4.6 and everything will show up in the Content Library Pane...if you don't know how just ask and I will point you in the right direction.

I have already mapped the directories where I installed the items but in DS3 I could move the items around into categories to find them faster. That is not an option in 4.6 that I can see.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

I have already mapped the directories where I installed the items but in DS3 I could move the items around into categories to find them faster. That is not an option in 4.6 that I can see.

Yes, you can, you can even migrate your categories from DS3.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

I have already mapped the directories where I installed the items but in DS3 I could move the items around into categories to find them faster. That is not an option in 4.6 that I can see.Just right click on the content you wish to categorise and you should see the options for doing so.