Wardrobe Wizard/Cross Dresser; Worth it?

iDiruiDiru Posts: 696
edited November 2013 in The Commons

Here is the thing. I do not want Poser 10/2014/ whatever it is.
I am happy rn with 2012. I do not want to spend money to upgrade to 14. I do not want to have to transfer all my crap over. I do not want to have to start a new runtime.
Etc, etc.
If I ever do get 2014 it will be a long time in the future but rn I do not want it.
It took me forever to upgrade from 10 to 12.
So I was wondering if Wardrobe Wizard or CrossDresser is worth it.
To put it bluntly I want to put my men in women's clothing. Skirts, dresses, thongs, garters, panties, sexy boots...you name it.
I have tried time and time again to make it work with just parameters but it's just a hit and miss with ahlf of the outfits because only some of them work.
Therefor I was wondering if it is worth it to try to get a lisence for these?
I have Wardrobe Wizard but do not have a license for M4.
I really want girl clothes on my men but I don't want to spend 10000 dollars on something and have it not work, you know?
So ...yeah, do they WORK?
Are they POSSIBLE to use?
I am not that good at Poser but if I can put garters on my men then I will work it out.
ps i am using M4.

Post edited by iDiru on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I haven't used Wardrobe Wizard, but I've used Crossdresser and it's very helpful. Haven't used it since Genesis came out with autofit, but I used it a lot to convert clothes to V4 and Apollo Maximus and it worked very well.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
    edited December 1969

I had another thread where I posted some pic's of XD4 conversions of really difficult clothing. I can't find it, so here are some of them:

This is the Victoria 2 vintage Dominatrix outfit from sharkey. It has some very detailed lacing on the sides of the legs & the fly as well as built in shoes. Older conversion programs messed this up but XD4 handled it fine.

Front.png
    300 x 600 - 92K
    Shoe.jpg
    600 x 600 - 12K
    side.jpg
    300 x 600 - 9K
    edited November 2013

The next one is a very old freebie for Posette, again fit to Sara. This dress also resisted earlier programs, but converted well in XD4.

The Blacker Magic Jacket for MGPT would not convert for me using any earlier program. Other people got it working by messing with the falloffs, but I couldn't get it quite right. XD4 converted it with no postwork needed. This one is fit to the Sara freebie.

MGPT_Blacker_3.jpg
    600 x 600 - 25K
    Minidress_X.jpg
    500 x 600 - 23K
    Post edited by pwiecek on
    edited November 2013

The nice thing about XD4 is that you only need a license for the target figure.

Unfortunately, there is one thing that it still doesn't do well. If you have a woman's garment that has straps that cross the breast (like suspenders) and try to morph them to fit a character with smaller or no breasts, they will distort.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited November 2013

...small breasted/flat chested characters are still an issue with Autofit as well. I often find any highly detailed pattern will distort in the upper chest area.

As fixmypcmike mentions, I too have primarily been working with Genesis so I never really got to work much with XD after ver 3 even though I have the .zip for 4 somewhere on my old system's HD.

Based on the images above, looks like it does a much better job than its predecessor.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

iDiru said:
    ...I do not want to have to start a new runtime...

Just for the record, there's absolutely no reason to start a new runtime. You can drug your old one over to the new program. Or depending upon where your primary runtime is installed, just point the new program to it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

pwiecek said:

...and for some figures like V4 and M4, the morph packs as well so you can use the ++ morphs

Also make sure the figure support files are up to date as these are what XD uses for the figure you are converting from. Fortunately these are free downloads.

On another note, thought of something interesting, using XD4 as an interim means to convert clothing for a character that doesn't have an autofit clone. For example Mavka for Genesis does not provide an Autofit clone. So to fit clothing from the original character, use XD4 to convert clothing to say, Sadie, then autofit it to the Genesis version of Mavka. Of course this only would work if one has Sadie for Genesis (which does have an autofit clone). Have to experiment with this.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

Ive never used Wardrobe Wizard so i cannot comment on it at all. But CrossDresser, I have used a GREAT deal and for a user that is not interested in Genesis and its capabilities, to do what you would like to do, it is fantastic and really the best way to do what you're trying accomplish.

So in my opinion, it is VERY MUCH worth it!

-MJ

edited December 1969
  • BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I used to use Wardrobe Wizard but have found Cross-Dresser much better. This is XD4.

I have converted many sets up to M4 from old M2 and V4 from V2 with no problems. There are parameters that are easy to change. So if your figure has wider arms then that is doable. I've even had some success with footwear. WW tends to leave rough edges on footwear.

edited November 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    pwiecek said:

...and for some figures like V4 and M4, the morph packs as well so you can use the ++ morphs

Yeah, I never used (or bought) the morph packs so I don't think about them.

One bad thing about XD is that the morph packs are NOT part of the get-it-all bundle. I think they told me that you COULD get the morph packs as a build-you-own-bundle, though the $5 packs are cheaper stand alone and you need to get 6 of the $10 packs to save anything.

edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    I used to use Wardrobe Wizard but have found Cross-Dresser much better. This is XD4.

Yeah, I found that XD3 and WW produced about the same quality output. It was good but XD4 is better.