Miki 4 Install issues in W10

bnstone_stonebnstone_stone Posts: 79
edited July 2019 in Poser Discussion

Has anyone been able to install Miki 4 in W10. I've changed machines and now I get an error saying Poser.exe is not in this directory even though it is.

Post edited by bnstone_stone on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2019

You may be better moving this query to the Poser forum.   You can do that by clicking on the gear Icon on your first post, clicking on edit  and then clicking on Poser discussion from the drop down list on the righthand side of that page and then clicking  "Save Comment"

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Moved. Thank you.

• DreamingGirlDreamingGirl Posts: 227

Which version of Poser do you have? From what I remember, Miki 4 can only be installed to Poser 9/PoserPro 2012

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,783

If Poser is installed in c:/Program Files you can't install content in your Poser program directory in WIndows 10 unless you have UAC turned off.  Where is your Poser content installed?  Try creating an empty text file called poser.exe in that location and point the installer there...

• Poser 11 Pro. Why can it not be installed in Poser if it is a Poser product? I got her when I had Poser 9, now I've wasted money on a characture I purchased? 

Which version of Poser do you have? From what I remember, Miki 4 can only be installed to Poser 9/PoserPro 2012

• ?

Other content can be installed, but not her?

This is kind of a messed up feature if I bought her but cannot reinstall because of some technical oversite. Has there been any suggestions to fix this glitch? 

WandW said:

If Poser is installed in c:/Program Files you can't install content in your Poser program directory in WIndows 10 unless you have UAC turned off.  Where is your Poser content installed?  Try creating an empty text file called poser.exe in that location and point the installer there...

• DreamingGirlDreamingGirl Posts: 227

Poser 11 Pro. Why can it not be installed in Poser if it is a Poser product? I got her when I had Poser 9, now I've wasted money on a characture I purchased? 

I'm not sure of the reason for this, if it's for technical reasons, or just a limitation in the installers, but I think it looks for content specific to P9/2012. This applied to both Miki4 and Tyler GND as far as I remember. If you still have Poser 9, you can install her to that, but you can still use her in later versions of Poser, just add the Poser9 library.

• scheusal242scheusal242 Posts: 9
    edited April 2022

It's not nice that the installer is fixed on Poser 9 library.

Unfortunately, I was not able to install it with Poser 10 or higher because the Poser path was not found. Error message: "Poser is not in the selected directory"

GND Tyler (.exe) and Miki 4 (.exe) were made with Inno Setup (Installer).

However, this "innoextract" program works for manual unpacking of the content of such Inno Setup programs. 

This tool is free and a command line program:
    constexpr.org/innoextract

Here's a way to get the content anyway, you use like this:

start the command prompt:

cmd

Go to the innoextract directory on the command line

Usage:

innoextract FILE

Examples:

innoextract GNDTyler.exe

Examples:

innoextract Miki4.exe

In this example, innoextract.exe and TylerGND.exe as well as Miki4.exe should be in one directory.
    If the names of the installers are different, you can rename them as above.

The unpacked files (Runtime) can then be found in the code$GetContentDir and code$GetDefaultDirName folders.

It worked. yes

Post edited by scheusal242 on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,783

scheusal242 said:

It's not nice that the installer is fixed on Poser 9 library.

Unfortunately, I was not able to install it with Poser 10 or higher because the Poser path was not found. Error message: "Poser is not in the selected directory"

GND Tyler (.exe) and Miki 4 (.exe) were made with Inno Setup (Installer).

However, this "innoextract" program works for manual unpacking of the content of such Inno Setup programs. 

This tool is free and a command line program:
    constexpr.org/innoextract

Here's a way to get the content anyway, you use like this:

start the command prompt:

cmd

Go to the innoextract directory on the command line

Usage:

innoextract FILE

Examples:

innoextract GNDTyler.exe

Examples:

innoextract Miki4.exe

In this example, innoextract.exe and TylerGND.exe as well as Miki4.exe should be in one directory.
    If the names of the installers are different, you can rename them as above.

The unpacked files (Runtime) can then be found in the code$GetContentDir and code$GetDefaultDirName folders.

It worked. yes

That's great to know!  Thanx!! laugh

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 373

With the old SM installers, it's possible to bypass all of the prompts and extract the contents without using a separate app. Either from the command line or shortcut add the parameters /SILENT /DIR="." to extract the files to the current folder.

For some reason, Microsoft removed the option to launch the Command prompt from the current folder. If you find it confusing, or just a hastle, here's how to create a self extracting shortcut for the SM installers.

1. Right-click the instller, in this case Miki4.exe. Select Send to, then Desktop (create shortcut). Unfortunately, that's the quickest way to create a shortcut to a specific file.
    2. Go to the Desktop, right-click the flle Miki4.exe - Shortcut, and select Properties.
    3. Add this text to the end the Target field /SILENT /DIR="." and click OK.

If you want, you can then move the shortcut back to the original folder.