A well a bird bird flew off with my complaint thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

So getting back to the violins if I parent the instrument to a collar bone it will be affected by that arm's IK chain, which I think is what I want for movement but that's only useful up to a point. The other arm needs a constraint between hand and the instrument's neck so when the collar with the violin moves the affect cascades to the relationship between the opposing arm/hand and instrument, not sure how to go about that. just yet.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited November 2013

Raptors at work.

Silly Xane at work flailing on the keyboard, pounding it into submission and occasionally hissing at coworkers.
    That's how fluffs deal with worky work."

*Xane being the utahraptor there.

*EDIT* Awww, animated images act all funky now D:
    First they didn't work at all, then they worked fine, now they animate weird xD Oh well, if you click on it the image animates smoothley with no ghosting :)

1383958578.xane_xane-is-working_.gif
    700 x 583 - 696K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    So getting back to the violins if I parent the instrument to a collar bone it will be affected by that arm's IK chain, which I think is what I want for movement but that's only useful up to a point. The other arm needs a constraint between hand and the instrument's neck so when the collar with the violin moves the affect cascades to the relationship between the opposing arm/hand and instrument, not sure how to go about that. just yet.

If have heard of inverse kinematics but I have no idea what it is. All I know is that I need to turn it off in Poser 9. If I don't then the legs will not move when I reposition a figure. I'm going to find some information about inverse kinematics tomorrow.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

If have heard of inverse kinematics but I have no idea what it is. All I know is that I need to turn it off in Poser 9. If I don't then the legs will not move when I reposition a figure. I'm going to find some information about inverse kinematics tomorrow.

I know a bit about it, but nothing that I could explain with words ^^;
    I know that it's more for automated movement than manual posing - the two usually being mutually exclusive: Either you pose with IK, or you pose manually (Which I think standard jointing is called Forward Kinematics...?)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Raptors at work.

Silly Xane at work flailing on the keyboard, pounding it into submission and occasionally hissing at coworkers.

First they didn't work at all, then they worked fine, now they animate weird xD Oh well, if you click on it the image animates smoothley with no ghosting :)

I like it!

Dana

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited December 1969
    edited November 2013

Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:

I know a bit about it, but nothing that I could explain with words ^^;
    I know that it's more for automated movement than manual posing - the two usually being mutually exclusive: Either you pose with IK, or you pose manually (Which I think standard jointing is called Forward Kinematics...?)

Parenting a violin to the collar gives me an IK chain from hand > fore arm > arm > collar > violin. Then I need an FK chain for the hand from collar>shoulder>forearm>hand>fingers_on_strings. But I also need those fingers in the FK chain to follow the violin's neck, can't wrap my head around how right now heh *scratchy scratch*

eta working it out now

BB.jpg
    1015 x 666 - 57K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

is that a soft body physics thing?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited December 1969

nah spring bones in iClone

edited December 1969

nah spring bones in iClone

hehe very springy :lol: :lol:

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Raptors at work.

That's pretty much the way I use the computer...just flailing away at it and hissing until something useful happens. :)
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Raptors at work.

Is about how I feel right now :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Rezca said:
    Raptors at work.

That's pretty much the way I use the computer...just flailing away at it and hissing until something useful happens. :)
    ...that's how i feel when I try to work with Blender, though the hissing gets rather loud, turning into actual snarls at times and I have to shut it down before I break something I cannot afford to replace.
    edited November 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    tjohn said:
    Rezca said:
    Raptors at work.

...that's how i feel when I try to work with Blender, though the hissing gets rather loud, turning into actual snarls at times and I have to shut it down before I break something I cannot afford to replace.

I'd prefer to have Blender's functionality wrapped into three or four apps rather than overflowing the one interface but that's 21st century heresy (by thought I think) :lol:

This doesn't look so bad maybe, two constraints

vv.png
    654 x 449 - 161K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited November 2013

...looks pretty good there.

As to Blender, I agree it is too much to comprehend (especially with no standard UI). It's kind of like Carrara on extreme steroids.

I just came from reading more of the comments after his presentation at the Blender conference and he has definitely caught the attention of the community and foundation. There is some nice encouraging support from both those new to Blender and those who have worked with it for years. There were also some pretty caustic and immature responses as well. All he wants is for Blender to be able to reach more people which it certainly doesn't do in it's current state.

From what I hear and read, I feel the foundation is sending the wrong message when it says it doesn't want to sacrifice usability for the sake of attracting new users (huh?).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited November 2013

For some reason I got a Cambodian temple, oh two Cambodian temples, don't know why. They look like photographs :)

1555.jpg
    1500 x 915 - 164K
    a500.jpg
    1500 x 915 - 285K
    edited December 1969

Shopping burnout. :blank:

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

+1 Don't know why I got a couple of Cambodian temples *facepalm* doesn't have to make sense I guess :lol:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:

+1 Don't know why I got a couple of Cambodian temples *facepalm* doesn't have to make sense I guess :lol:
    Isn't one of those the Interior of the other?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Here is a WIP of another character.

NefeSokarWip001.jpg
    1486 x 922 - 114K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Mornin :coolsmile:

plaint - can't figure out a simmer temp setting on electric stove. my klah stew is gonna boil away to nothing.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

isn't an electric stove like an oversized hot plate? There should be a knob on the front of the stove. gah, I'm old fashioned. I think you mean a stove with digital controls and a display screen?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You could always pull the pan partly off the ring, so it is only getting half the heat, and keep stirring it

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

It is damn cold out today. My bones are hurting and cold

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited November 2013

lol

it's an apt size stove with a few knobs. i should get one of those crockpot slow cookers. iz gonna be a klah winter, just keep tossing in potatoes, meat cubes for my bubby. some marshmallows to toss on the sweet potatoes and yams. a very yammy season, tee hee. biscuits and butter. yammy yumma. :)

need to pick up some kisses for a frsh batch of peanutbutter blossom goodness :lol:

they kinda look like sultan hats, d'ya think?

13-27-08.jpg
    640 x 480 - 39K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

I've got 2 slow cookers/crock pots

edited December 1969

I want those cookies! I had them before and they are wonderful!

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

lol

it's an apt size stove with a few knobs. i should get one of those crockpot slow cookers. iz gonna be a klah winter, just keep tossing in potatoes, meat cubes for my bubby. some marshmallows to toss on the sweet potatoes and yams. a very yammy season, tee hee. biscuits and butter. yammy yumma. :)

need to pick up some kisses for a frsh batch of peanutbutter blossom goodness :lol:

I've always thought they looked like sultan hats as well. In fact the first time I heard someone talking about eating a sultana these cookies are the first thing I though of..

Everyone should have a crock pot. I just made a batch of chili in ours last week. Brown the meat and then toss all the secret ingredients in and let it simmer on low all day.

edited December 1969

Sisca said:
    lol

I've always thought they looked like sultan hats as well. In fact the first time I heard someone talking about eating a sultana these cookies are the first thing I though of..

Everyone should have a crock pot. I just made a batch of chili in ours last week. Brown the meat and then toss all the secret ingredients in and let it simmer on low all day.

Chilli sounds really good. I haven't made any in a while

edited December 1969

I am tired that Smart content won't work on this computer. I make sure CMS in running before starting studio, but as soon as studio starts, CMS stops. I can start CMS again but there won't be any smart content in Studio.

This discussion has been closed.