A well a bird bird flew off with my complaint thread

ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
edited December 2013 in The Commons

Old Thread Here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/30644/

Darn this reflect is hard to pull off \m/


eta reference:

Kyoto Kid said:
...The Fear Of Flying Complaint Thread.
...The Still Don't Have a Job or Won The Lotto Complaint Thread
...The Too Broke Even For The PC Sale Complaint Thread
...The Computer On My Airbus Jet Bluescreened Complaint Thread
...The My Joints And Bones Hate Winter Complaint Thread
...The Where did My Sunshine Go Complaint Thread
...The I Really Miss Wooly Complaint Thread.
Post edited by frank0314 on
«13456750

Comments

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 30,447
    edited November 2013

    ...coldest place I've seen on my weather site is Vostok Antarctica. Gets below -100° in the winter (without windchill).


    ...gahh, beat by the bird.

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited November 2013

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...coldest place I've seen on my weather site is Vostok Antarctica. Gets below -100° in the winter (without windchill).


    ...gahh, beat by the bird.

    meh sorry, wasn't paying attention it just finished rendering...

    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • Wendy_CarraraWendy_Carrara Posts: 20,650
    edited December 1969

    ruffled a few feathers?

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Ps1 the Thread is yours Feel free to ReName as you please.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 30,447
    edited November 2013

    ...that was a fast split. Got the direct to the account page first, then when I tired again, noticed that new thread smell.


    ...The Bird is The Word Complaint Thread


    poppa ooo mow mow mow poppa ooo mow mow mow...

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    I was watching in the background... Was so close...

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...that was a fast split. Got the direct to the account page first, then when I tired again, noticed that new thread smell.


    ...The Bird is The Word Complaint Thread


    poppa ooo mow mow mow poppa ooo mow mow mow...

    That was confusing heh :)

    Oooh Trashmen, a-well-a :lol:

  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

    Ravens are circling o.o... nice render Ps1 (^_^)d.

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    ruffled a few feathers?

    Ironically trying for a ruffled look yes, but I'll have to put some thought into a shader which tends toward iridescent rather than reflect, perhaps will work better >:-)

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited November 2013

    M F M said:
    Ravens are circling o.o... nice render Ps1 (^_^)d.

    Run out of ideas though, have to back up and find another direction to go. These are basically mush from a colour POV. I guess the logical thing to do would be to make the whites pure white, the reds genuinely red not purple and rely on specular to pick out the rest of the background detail. But that won't solve the feather shader problem *scratchy scratch*

    rvn.jpg
    1500 x 915 - 261K
    rvn2.jpg
    1500 x 915 - 165K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 30,447
    edited December 1969

    ...OK so what's up with the EULA stuff again? Tried to open the DIM and got some sort of message about it. Already agreed to it the last time.

  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited November 2013

    Probably changed something... wonder what...

    ... maybe that "4.0 Forum and Gallery Submissions" stuff down the bottom? ... there'll probably be a post about it somewhere...

    ETA: Well here's one:

    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/32034_4/

    Post edited by M F M on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited November 2013

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK so what's up with the EULA stuff again? Tried to open the DIM and got some sort of message about it. Already agreed to it the last time.

    The 2D license hasn't changed I think. You get the right to challenge your gallery/forum submissions used for something you don't like later on. fair nuff :) Don't know/don't care about the 3D stuff, seems to be about content add ons. I kitbash everything, but since that's only to make a 2D image I don't think anybody cares :)

    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 30,447
    edited November 2013

    M F M said:
    Probably changed something... wonder what...

    ... maybe that "4.0 Forum and Gallery Submissions" stuff down the bottom? ... there'll probably be a post about it somewhere...

    ETA: Well here's one:

    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/32034_4/


    ...The Galleries!!!???
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4BWhvIlFVE
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    M F M said:
    Probably changed something... wonder what...

    ... maybe that "4.0 Forum and Gallery Submissions" stuff down the bottom? ... there'll probably be a post about it somewhere...

    ETA: Well here's one:

    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/32034_4/


    ...The Galleries!!!???
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4BWhvIlFVE

    Hehe rousing :lol:

  • Wendy_CarraraWendy_Carrara Posts: 20,650
    edited December 1969

    woof

    bulldog.gif
    800 x 450 - 4M
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

    Hey well done there Wendy, nice and furry :D

  • Wendy_CarraraWendy_Carrara Posts: 20,650
    edited November 2013

    it's Toe Toe

    toes.gif
    800 x 450 - 2M
    Post edited by Wendy_Carrara on
  • Wendy_CarraraWendy_Carrara Posts: 20,650
    edited December 1969

    standing in my bathroom I really felt like a rough shag to make my toes curl

    rough_shag.gif
    800 x 450 - 7M
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

    Cool I like that rug one!! Its interesting seeing reactors in play as the toes collide with with furry mat :)

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 30,447
    edited December 1969

    ...bugger, getting that stupid "busy" cursor not clearing after a render has totally completed again. The only thing that stops it is to close the application. I checked Windows Task Manger while this was happening and "System Idle Mode" status shows 99% CPU use while "Daz Application" shows 0% so I have no idea what is causing this.

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    Needed to make something with warm colours for a change :)

    warm.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 219K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    ps1borg said:
    Needed to make something with warm colours for a change :)
    Wow, I love that one PS1. Great work, the expression is fantastic.
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    standing in my bathroom I really felt like a rough shag to make my toes curl

    Hehe very psychedelic on my monitor :lol:

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    Jaderail said:
    ps1borg said:
    Needed to make something with warm colours for a change :)
    Wow, I love that one PS1. Great work, the expression is fantastic.

    Hey TY, Is a crop of a bigger picture. The expression is a 50% pursed lip and 33% lip open :)

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 30,447
    edited December 1969

    ps1borg said:
    Needed to make something with warm colours for a change :)

    ...beautiful.
  • Wendy_CarraraWendy_Carrara Posts: 20,650
    edited December 1969

    TY

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

    ps1borg said:
    Needed to make something with warm colours for a change :)

    Love it, has a nice historic feel about it, great clothing choice, and yeah you nailed the expression/poses :)

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited November 2013

    TY

    +1

    Cheating a little cos warm colours are easy on the eye, and that 3:2 aspect ratio composes itself heh

    Pretty sure the clothes models were $2 from the Daz store, the braces are a dead giveaway :)

    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited November 2013

    John Carter from Mars is on TV and is learning to fly, or at least jump pretty high :) eta oh noes, haz jumped into a party :lol:

    Post edited by ps1borg on
This discussion has been closed.