Need Polygon reducer

Is there any Way to reduce the Polygons of the Original Mesh ?

I work with Cinema 4d and i want to use Clothilde. The Female Mesh and the Cloth are far to heavy. I need to reduce them to get better resuls in Clothilde.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,037

First thing is that you can export the figures at base resolution if you don't do  it already.

If you need even less polygons you can try the Decimator plugin for DS: https://www.daz3d.com/decimator-for-daz-studio

• scyrascyra Posts: 5

Yes, there is Daz Decimator. We have missed the sale a few days ago, unfortunately, but "there's always another sale." Character Creator 3 reduces all Genesis models to  ~31,000 triangles and has an excellent one-click polygon reducer but this deletes your cloth morph sliders, so the Daz Decimator may still be desirable. I am unfamiliar with other third party polygon reducers but am interested to learn more if anyone can share info.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,849

Another one for FBX export is Ultimate Unwrap 3D and it’s polyreduce

Decimator is the best in DAZ studio solution though

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,839

So why aren't you using the polygon reduction deformer already in C4D?

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

I have to admit to being curious though. You said you're using Cinema4D. I'd be shocked if a professional quality modeler like that didn't have a decimator function itself? Couldn't you take whatever you get from a Studio export and reduce it with that tool?

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255
    I assume Clothilde is a dynamic cloth simulator? If thats the case be careful, cuz some decimators make nasty meshes that your cloth sim might choke on.
  • Thanx for the Help.

The Original poly Reduceris far to expensive. And if i reduce the Original Mesh in Cinema and then the Cloth i got only Bugs. The Points are quite different and i got errors.

Maybe i am Lucky and someone of you works with Cinema 4d and Clothilde.

Is it any Difference if i got my Bodymesh in an high Ammount and the Cloth in Lowpoly ? As Far as i have seen it is a matter of Polygon how good the Clothilde is working.

On a Lowpoly the simulation works a lot easyer as in highpoly.

I got thios Problem that my own Modelles are really Low Poly and i use only the Hyper Nuibs.