How do I convert 3Delight scene to iray?

Is there any way to convert 3Delight item into an iray item?  I am trying to use The All New Worldbase XT Lushlands and its addons with iray but all I am getting is a black render.  I tried other sky domes not designed for iray and get similar results.  I do look at the sky dome surface settings but I do not see any way to convert it to iray with emissive settings.

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

You dont use Skydomes for 3DL with Iray cause they are a model and will block the light.  For a sky like that, you would want to use an HDRI image.  If you only need a clear day, set Iray to use Sun/Sky only.

You can get free HDRI's over at https://hdrihaven.com/ - You will have to load these manually

There is also plenty here in the store that have their own presets and are easy to use.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,709

Okay I get an HDRI but how do I apply it to the scene?

I am still confused about how to apply the hdri images to the scene in DS4.11.  I tried searching for it but I could not find any info right away I might have searched the wrong terms.

• They are used as the Environment map in Render Settings.

I found these HDRI for free from adobe stock.  I was wondering which file to I use with DS to get the best render?

They are used as the Environment map in Render Settings.

Okay, thank you very much!  That helps a lot.  Now to figure out which image to use.

tropicalbeachhdri.png
    793 x 195 - 48K
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,190

I found these HDRI for free from adobe stock.  

Ooh! Thanks for the idea!

Gordig said:

I found these HDRI for free from adobe stock.  

Ooh! Thanks for the idea!

I looked at other stuff they have free but they also have materials.  It is a bunch of image files and an MDL file. What is an MDL file and is it usable in DS?

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

I found these HDRI for free from adobe stock.  I was wondering which file to I use with DS to get the best render?

Okay, thank you very much!  That helps a lot.  Now to figure out which image to use.

the HDR is the one to choose, btw you can use EXR files too.

HDR.jpg
    958 x 914 - 271K