It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,361
    edited December 1969

I had a family picnic on the 4th and we were playing corn hole. Just from the bending over to pickup the bean bags made it so I was in agonizing pain, hardly able to walk and ran a 101F temp from the pain. But dammit I was going to have fun for once.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay, I'll leave you alone. I'm in the HARD Headed never listens group also. My favorite phrase is "Leave me alone, I can do this."

edited December 1969

LOL. I know that phrase all to well. One of my favorites also. Doing things makes me fell alive and unrestrained even though I'm super restricted. I like that feeling of accomplishment. It never goes away and always pushes me to do more.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I just sat down Anne. It seems to be a okay day. At least no headache so far. But I do need a cup of coffee.

Glad to hear you're doing okay so far. Coffee is a staple of life.

edited December 1969

Jeez, just got logged out when I hit submit. It looks like the last couple of posts I made got lost in space. Guess I'll go back and see if I can remember what nonsense I spewed.

edited December 1969

My goodness, have we drawn out some lurkers? HOORAH HOORAH HOORAH FOR BOOBIES! ERM LURKERS, yes, that's what I meant.

Spot renders of my large project are difficult at the moment because the models are for the most part untextured and quite ugly because I'm using them to practice in Hex. So far I'm only using simple techniques, but as I've seen from Bryce users sometimes stunning results can come from just gluing and booling some primitives together! So far my results are ok. Texturing them will be when the real challenge starts, but there's no point trying that until the models are finished.

I would very much like to make interiors for the building models too, but that's a long, long way off yet!

So far I've got a mushroom, the beginnings of a building in a vague style of the Night Elves from WoW and part of a tree, but in all honesty the tree looks awful. Who'd have thought that the most difficult thing would be something that grows randomly anyway? Amazing. But I'm learning a heck of a lot as I go, and I'm happy with the fact that it's going slowly. I think it's important that I am happy with the speed of it, otherwise I'll just rush some crap out and it won't look how I want it. I don't want to say "This week I'll have x amount of test renders" because we've seen the results of my saying that, and it's not pretty!

You've got the important things covered...having fun and learning. I still haven't modelled anything in Hexagon, in spite of the DL lessons. I should have bailed when you did.

edited December 1969

Oh boy. I leave you guys alone for a few days and you end up letting all sorts in here. Pfff...I always miss all the fun.

I'm still alive in case anyone wanted to fake interest in my well being. Haha. I'm having a very bad winter for some reason and I spend most of my days feeling sorry for myself and hating the world. That's what winter does to me and I hate it. On the up side I am getting a lot of sleep this way. Lol.

I'm also reading a lot of books. For those who have Kindles or similar devices that can read kindle books do yourself a favour and grab a book called Raven's Shadow Book 1 : Blood Song by Anthony Ryan. It's self published and only available in e-book format for now but it's bloody brilliant and cost only $2.99 at Amazon. The only downside to the book is that I'm now extremely annoyed that I have to wait until next year for Book 2 : Tower Lord. This is epic fantasy (220K words in Book 1) and the world it tells about is rather unique and full of religious nuts. On some level it kept reminding me of the crusades.

I'm also quite annoyed that Reality will only be updated once the final version of 4.5 is released. That sucks because I'm involved with another project that requires me to use 4.5 RC 2. So no Reality for me. It's a good thing I have Octane although it does have some limitations still.

I see they still haven't managed to fix the sorting. I won't call them a bunch of idiots because even idiots would have figured it out by now. Grrr....

To Kludge and islandgurl31 welcome to insanity and all that. Do try not to break anything and please don't re-arrange the furniture, I hate it when people do that. Just walk into your house and start re-decorating. I have a sister in law who likes to do that. I could keep her from doing it but my brother does not like the idea of his wife not having any hands. Says he needs her to have hands to cook and tend to his needs. Selfish bastard.

And lest I upset some sensitive viewers please take all the above with a measure of salt. In fact, you should always have a lot of salt at hand when reading anything I post. Of course it also helps a lot if you bring your brain. That is, if you can remember where you left it last. Which reminds me. If anyone finds a rather large brain lying around that will be mine. Kindly return it to me should you happen upon it.

I'm off to try out a new game. Endless Space it's called. I hope it will at least keep me entertained until I slunk back to bed when it gets too cold to sit here in front of the PC. I swear, next year I'm migrating when winter comes.

Peace.

Hi, Harry. Good to see you again, even if you still want to wear your grouchy drawers. I finally gave up working in the yard today after several hours of 105 heat index. Want to trade places with me?

No thanks on the e-books. I want my books printed on paper. I have to dog-ear pages, scribble in the margins, leave books in strange places (do Kindles work in the fridge), and throw them at the dogs and grandkids when necessary.

I was born with 2 brains--one's lost and the other is out looking for it. When they get back, I'll ask if they saw a rather large brain.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Wow that never worked before. Normally when I just mention Barry and Harry they just stay off-line. I'm sure it was just a nice timing thing, my mojo never works like that. Glad to see you both again.

I'm sorry IslandG I forgot to say anything to you or about your daughters work and skills. I really like her 2D work, she can make textures for me anytime. I think with her skills she might follow a different path but do well in what ever she choose.

I had a nice day yesterday after my treatment, today I have the fatigue I expected yesterday. Nothing like getting a full nights sleep and waking up feeling like you have had no rest at all. Drinking coffee and waiting on meds to work, I know part of the fatigue is the arthur dragging me down.

I have no plans for today, I have nothing Major to do and lots of time to fill up. I wonder what I can get into?

Sorry, my computer doesn't want me to make forum replies tonight. I think I'll sign out for awhile, then come back later. That ought to trick it into behaving.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

If you registered you should be able to log in to your Adobe account - if need be with a password reminder - and get the serial number, or ask for help from them.

Where? I'm dumb.

edited December 1969

Kludge and Islandgurl31:

Always happy to welcome new posters. This is a cozy home we have here. Life is slow and relaxed, except when we're raving and ranting.

edited December 1969

If you registered you should be able to log in to your Adobe account - if need be with a password reminder - and get the serial number, or ask for help from them.

Where? I'm dumb.

http://www.adobe.com/support/download-install

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Kludge and Islandgurl31:

Always happy to welcome new posters. This is a cozy home we have here. Life is slow and relaxed, except when we're raving and ranting.

Raving and Ranting.....in the Daz forums....who ever would have thought it. :coolsmirk:
  • KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I had forgotten just how good your post where. You can carry a person away with your words. I'm so glad you are with us again. I've been homebound so long it's hard to find anything that lights my fire, but a good story told well will do it everytime.

I have been diagnosed with severe depression with suicidal ideation, severe PTSD, transient global amnesia (which can be fun), agoraphobia and acute anxiety plus a few things too manini to mention. The agoraphobia & anxiety keep me in my room here at the Vets' Residence quite a lot. In fact, the only times I left during the past month were to pay my rent and to have a drug test - a random event that's part of the contract to live here. It's not unusual for me to stay in bed all day except to go to the bathroom or, if I am up, to just sit and stare out the window at pretty much nothing for hours at a time. Being me can be rather a bother at times.

Opps... darn I got to go. My busybody says I have to log out and hit the hay. If I did not need him I could really get tired of him sometimes.

If I could find a female counterpart - local, young and photogenic, of course - I'd love it but it turns out they can all run faster than I can. :-)

Just one more peek at the help threads. See everyone tomorrow.

Yeah, yeah, that's what they all say ... ;-)

edited December 1969

@ wendy , yep that is my baby girl :-). In that pic she changed her eye color and gave herself a scar...lol.

Sooo ... airbrush the scar and ... hmmm ... dark brown eyes? Lovely. :-)

@Kludge, I am originally from Oahu now live in the mainland. I sure miss da beaches and food and camping...lol. Waimea Rock is scary though :-(. Went up it once, got to da top and turned around and climbed back down...lol. Thank you all and take care.

I won't even consider Waimea Rock. When I can go out, which is rare, I'm more the Pokai Bay type - nice, calm, protected. Nimitz Beach at most.

BTW, I live at Barber's Point (Kalaeloa) in a veterans' residence. It's actually a converted barracks but it suits our needs and is quite comfortable. With Kapolei a bit over a mile away, it's convenient to shopping although Tamura's opened a small store where the old commissary was about 150 yards away. I moved here in Dec, 2000, from Pittsburgh, PA, and see no reason to go back except to be with my daughter. I've lived in Waikiki, Nanakuli, Waikiki again (homeless - Kapiolani Park), here, Waianae and back here. Yeah, a mainland haole in Waianae - for over 5 years, no less. :)

If there was a "culture shock" from moving here, I missed it. This (Oahu) is the first place I've ever been that I actually felt like I was home. But then, that's part of the "magic" about the islands. The physical beauty is one thing but there is also a spiritual beauty that is unmistakable. The people are wonderful and, as you mentioned, the food onolicious. Mainlanders think the prime activity here is surfing. It's not. Eating is. Surfing just builds up an appetite. ;-)

I do get a kick out of the tourists, though, especially when it comes to things like poke. Somehow raw fish doesn't appeal to them. The first time I tried it, I was unstoppable ... kinda made a pig of myself, actually. It was the same with everything else, including things locals were sure I wouldn't touch, let alone finish - or accept seconds of. I won quite a few bets that way before those folks realized I loved any kine local food. (I'm allergic to onions [One particular conversation went something like "What do you mean 'allergic'?" "How fast can you dial 911?"] and a couple other things so allowances were made for that.) Between here and the Goodwill on Farrington, I don't think there's a restaurant that hasn't contributed to my overly abundant opu. Well, there wasn't while I still had someone who'd go with me as kind of an "anchor." (This goes back to the agoraphobia & anxiety.) Rainbow Drive In in Waikiki helped too come to think of it. But tourists - mostly mainland tourists? Somehow they usually shy away from anything that they can't pronounce or "looks funny."

Jaderail, didn't I mention I can go on for hours about Hawaii? :-)

edited December 1969

My goodness, have we drawn out some lurkers? HOORAH HOORAH HOORAH FOR BOOBIES! ERM LURKERS, yes, that's what I meant.

Boobies are good. Of course, that depends on several other factors but, as a general sort of thing, boobies are good.

Spot renders of my large project are difficult at the moment because the models are for the most part untextured and quite ugly because I'm using them to practice in Hex.

Have you considered Octal instead? Granted it's simply another way of looking at raw binary but sometimes it's useful to do so.

I would very much like to make interiors for the building models too, but that's a long, long way off yet!

You do realize, of course, that the interiors will determine at least part of the exteriors - like door & window placement. You don't want to know how I figured that part out. Oh, no, you don't. :red:

So far I've got a mushroom, the beginnings of a building in a vague style of the Night Elves from WoW and part of a tree, but in all honesty the tree looks awful.

When I can, I'll get some pics of our local trees. Banyon & Keawe mostly. Then you'll see some wicked weird trees. The mushroom, though ... as long as it's not a mushroom cloud, it's all good.

I don't want to say "This week I'll have x amount of test renders" because we've seen the results of my saying that, and it's not pretty!

Gotta be better than my best ever efforts, BBS. Of course, anything is.

edited December 1969

I'm also quite annoyed that Reality will only be updated once the final version of 4.5 is released. That sucks because I'm involved with another project that requires me to use 4.5 RC 2. So no Reality for me. It's a good thing I have Octane although it does have some limitations still.

In truth, reality is still in Beta. Very early in Beta. What concerns me is that a disgruntled tester's gonna push the BRS and it'll be replaced by something even more bizarre.

To Kludge and islandgurl31 welcome to insanity and all that. Do try not to break anything and please don't re-arrange the furniture, I hate it when people do that. Just walk into your house and start re-decorating. I have a sister in law who likes to do that. I could keep her from doing it but my brother does not like the idea of his wife not having any hands. Says he needs her to have hands to cook and tend to his needs. Selfish bastard.

Actually, I've been part of madness for a while, just not this particular branch of it. Ask cho. She'll tell you.

As to rearranging furniture, as long as it doesn't get in the way of my reclining on the floor, all is good. I sometimes sleep there thereby becoming kind of a traffic hazard, something at which I excel.

And lest I upset some sensitive viewers please take all the above with a measure of salt. In fact, you should always have a lot of salt at hand when reading anything I post.

I take a lot with a grain of salt, the grain being about the size of Texas and outlying counties like, for example, Oklahoma.

Of course it also helps a lot if you bring your brain. That is, if you can remember where you left it last. Which reminds me. If anyone finds a rather large brain lying around that will be mine. Kindly return it to me should you happen upon it.

I have a purple brain (Really! I do! It says Zyprexa on the sides.) but it's kinda small. Sorta but not quite like mine. That is, it's not planet sized.

I'm off to try out a new game. Endless Space it's called.

Is space endless? I mean, if the universe is expanding, where's it expanding to? And doesn't the fact that it has somewhere to expand to imply that it's not really the "universe" but just a subset of it and, with that, there may well be other universes about this one could collide with? Not universes parallel with this one but totally unique and independent ones.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Kludge and Islandgurl31:

Slow and relaxed ranting and raving. This works. Kinda Hawaiian style - laid back and gesturing when the mood strikes.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Glad to hear you're doing okay so far. Coffee is a staple of life.

Coffee is life. I keep trying to get a coffee IV but they keep taking away the needles. Actually, they seem to not let me have any sharp objects. Weird.

edited December 1969

I like to think I take a lot with a grain of salt, but I'm an artist. A lot of artist take things very personal so I can get a bit protective. Being a mod has really helped me cause we have to take things with a grain of salt.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

A grain of salt Frank, be honest there are times when we need access to a salt mine. :coolgrin:

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Some days yes a salt mine would be handy.

edited December 1969

I'm sitting here reading all the nice post and drinking my Life err.. Coffee. I need to wake up real good. I have to waddle my butt to the bank today, my darn company just refuses to direct deposit my pension check. The lazy so and so's.

edited December 1969

Coffee.....Coffee,Coffee,Coffee...cappuccino....java....yes

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

And then there's good old Navy watch-stander's coffee. It's not right until two spoons dissolve in a cup of it and all you can recover of a third is the handle ... and not much of that. Good stuff ... :)

edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    Frank0314 said:

And then there's good old Navy watch-stander's coffee. It's not right until two spoons dissolve in a cup of it and all you can recover of a third is the handle ... and not much of that. Good stuff ... :)

I remember that Navy coffee. It got me through many days after drinking the night away.

edited December 1969

Been Banking, been on a spending Spree at Wally World, been done got me self all kinds of tuckered out. I melted like butter in the heat and humidity, my blinking motor went out on my rag top so no more wind in my ponytail (I wiil get it replaced, soon). But I gots lots o mulla in da bank, and loads of good eats for my belly. BLAZING WINGS for dinner tonight, the good hot ones you MUST dip in a good cooling sauce and chase with a cold one or two. Still a good day in my book all around. Tuckered will help me nod tonight, money never hurts, and a belly full of one of my favorite things. Yee Haw!

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Hello everyone sorry have not responded to anyone yesterday and today. Me and hubby got a hair up our u know what and decided to rearrange and clean da whole house...lol. Well today my brothers friend was supposed to help me with the parlor and my sons room,but guess what he when dig out...sigh. So I ended up doing the whole parlor by myself including moving stuff around and lifting furniture by my lonesome.

Picture a 4'8" 75 lb. wahine lifting all the crap herself. I finally got to sit down and now my fibromyalgia is flaring up something fierce...grrr...lol. My hubby helped me with our son's room,but man oh man he was pissed when he came home from work and found out I did the parlor by meself :-(. He wasn't even supposed to be lifting nothing heavy as he just had surgery on June 5th, 2012.....but he is stubborn...lol. Now I gotta go finish dinner....bbl. Take Care everyone.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

I remember that Navy coffee. It got me through many days after drinking the night away.

You and half the crew of the HORNET. ;-)

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Wow, it's really picking up in here, glad to see it.

Got my arse back into Daz Studio this morning and am working on some posing and lighting for a World of Warcraft inspired pic. Doesn't include any of my own models but I am trying to get back into the swing of things. I could do with getting the render done so that I spur myself on for more.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Been Banking, been on a spending Spree at Wally World, been done got me self all kinds of tuckered out. I melted like butter in the heat and humidity, my blinking motor went out on my rag top so no more wind in my ponytail (I wiil get it replaced, soon). But I gots lots o mulla in da bank, and loads of good eats for my belly. BLAZING WINGS for dinner tonight, the good hot ones you MUST dip in a good cooling sauce and chase with a cold one or two. Still a good day in my book all around. Tuckered will help me nod tonight, money never hurts, and a belly full of one of my favorite things. Yee Haw!

Heh, heh, heh, when I have an anchor available - a rare occasion and becoming even more so - I enjoy tours like that. OTOH, hot wings - not a favorite but a good WesPac curry - something Thai or Viet Namese - is good. Or some Korean like kim chee - the good stuff made properly and not for haoles - is wonderful. Oh, my, yes it is. There was a Korean restaurant back in Pittsburgh where I knew one of the waitresses rather ... ummm ... well. Early on, Choe learned that I wanted my food made the way she liked it, not how American's usually had it - ie, weakened to the point of being ridiculous. Even the chef liked me because he didn't have to make special allowances for a "delicate Western palette." :-)

OTOH, I was a pretty decent cook myself and wound up with a few proposals & propositions because of my abilities in the kitchen as well as how well it was equipped. Most were even from women. The down side was that a few were still married at the time which sort of put a crimp in things. Besides, that's a pretty skinny thing to base a relationship on. After Noelle got married and went off with her new husband (a story in itself ... and not a good one), I relaxed my personal rules some and ... well, it was fun. I'll leave it at that for now. ;-)

This discussion has been closed.