question about dsf file

kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I wrote about some inj morph file change the default parameter of mopphs,
and if you use "save modifeid assets" on the figure which you applied inj file,
it may cause trouble, on another topic..

then I thought it is not heavy problem if I check the inj type morph files,
before "save modified assets".

Usually I do not use character preset file.
I often apply saved shape preset with genesis on the sean.

so I have not recognized many products character.dsf change default other morph value too.

so I just ask , if I use some character products dsf ,(eg victoria5.dsf character file)

and save modified assets on property editor,it cause same problems?

that means when I load new genesis, the genesis keep the shape of morph (eg victoria5)
which I applied everytime.

I think it is not important matter for many people, but I often change parameter,and save modifeid assets,

so I want to confirm it. (I do not want to test it,,)

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited July 2012

I just wanted to know "Yes or No", so I expected some moderator would give me answer,
    but they seems want not mention about problems ,fault of daz studio .

I had known the answer. (though I did not try and test it)

just check my picuture. if you want to know answer too.

so it is not so important things ,.their products dsf character file may cause same trouble
    for other customer who just try property editor, and adjust controller save modifeid assets.

it is not DAZ fault. it is because "they are new and they do not understand how to use it correctly".

so, is there reliable (which write about the problems, and how you avoid the problems) manual and documentation?
    is there caution about it?

they just say when problems happend, "it is known bag or problems. we know the problems"

1 just apply or load character dsf . "eg victoria 5.dsf "

2 then edit> figure> zero>zero figure ( just check. it is no use of this problem)

3 open property editor. then save modifeid assets.

(yes you can check it, if you want . when you apply Vicoria 5.dsf , the FBMvicotria 5 defautl value changed.
    so, it is modifeid assets. you save modifeid assets means FBMvictoria5.dsf in genesis morph folda
    has overwritten and saved. and you can not correct it without reinstall the victoria5 morph )

now you can load victoria5 shape, when you load genesis.dsf everytime. of course you must not do it.

(I saved fbmvictoria5 and keep it safety before test it. so I can recover soon)

*edited by moderator to remove images* Please review the TOS concerning nudity: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6_98/

Post edited by adamr001 on
    edited December 1969

I surprised moderator can reply so quckily ! (if they want)

it was not woman shape but nudity ? ok! I correct it.

modified2.JPG
    670 x 556 - 62K
    modify1.JPG
    724 x 590 - 75K
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

I tried to stay away from this thread because I'm starting to sound like a broken record on this subject.

The simple answer is Yes, if you alter any thing enough for it to show that * in the property editor then saving it will replace those files, and if you've dialed a morph (or zeroed a morph) then that change will be added to the files, which means the next time you load Genesis into a scene it will load with those morphs active.

TBH the majority of the user base should have no need to go anywhere near the property editor or for that matter most of the CCT tools that come in Pro.

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    I tried to stay away from this thread because I'm starting to sound like a broken record on this subject.

The simple answer is Yes, if you alter any thing enough for it to show that * in the property editor then saving it will replace those files, and if you've dialed a morph (or zeroed a morph) then that change will be added to the files, which means the next time you load Genesis into a scene it will load with those morphs active.

TBH the majority of the user base should have no need to go anywhere near the property editor or for that matter most of the CCT tools that come in Pro.

And if I can add my 1/2 cent to what you've said, the "save modified assets" is something that should be used with extreme caution.

In my opinion you should only use it on completely original figures, like clothing and the like. It is far to easy to really mess up your Genesis install with that feature.

Custom original morphs for Genesis should be saved using the save morphs option and making sure that only your morph is checked in the options. Dialed Characters should only be saved as Character Presets or scenes.

Again, that's just my 1/2 cent opinion... ;-)

edited July 2012

thanks follow . coolsmile:

Actually say the answer was obvious , it should be "yes" for me too,
    when I checked V5 controller of moprh ,the default value has changed .

I thought it is best some official guys or having knowledge man about ds 4
    confirm about it. so I asked on this topic.

and as I thought, (so I just show the image)
    if "astaric mark" in property editor show up, they are modified assets.

(actually I tried ^^ genesis comes with V5 shape, whenever I load genesis.dsf .)

"but, if you just move controller value of morphs, and save modifeid assets,
    they will not be saved. you can check it easy.(I tested it , it cause no problem)

just turned some morph value , and check property editor.
    there is no change (edited you can see the astaric mark but it do not cause anything
    if you save modified assets. then load genesis,
    your genesis keep the default shape, and the morph value turend default )

it happen when some dsf files change the default value."

so after apply some character dsf with genesis,
    if you do not touch anything, or use zero figure,
    if you save modifeid assets for other controller,it may happen.

but I think many people do not recognize, which is modified or not.
    they think just which tweaked controller and new controller whch made
    are modified. and check , save them.

"yes you must be carefully when use modified assets, some change you can not
    recover, and you may not recognize what asset was modifyed " in ds 4.

on this case, I know what morph default has changed, this is the test which answer is expected.
    so I can check FbmVictoria5 in property editor.

but if the character consits of some character morphs?.the problem become more complicated.

the point is "you can not correct it easy"
    it is no use " reinstall defalut contents of ds4, or dazstudio 4" or
    " modifeid assets again with morph value turend 0 "

genesis shape will not be corrected. to correct it, you should reinstall again
    your modifiede assets, (on this case, it means FBMvictoria5.dsf)
    maybe you can write code (daz script?) and correct it.

but many guys do not touoch dsf file code. this problem is base on DAZ dsf file and property editor design

usually, if you change the aspect of controller, you can correct it after you recognize it.
    but there is no way to "change default value" or reset of morph for user on ds4.

I think this is problem of design how aplication should be.

Post edited by kitakoredaz on