Daz Studio 4.11 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,476
    edited July 2019
    y3kman said:

Which version of the Geforce driver did DAZ tested the general release (4.11.0.383)

I agree that it'd be extremely useful if they'd publish precise specifications and requirements for the drivers, the cards, and the version of windows. At this time they only state that updated drivers are needed. But this doesn't seem to work for many users here.

As for me, I don't have time to waste with bugs and I need reliable tools to work with. I'm with 4.10 yet since I feel they rushed out 4.11 just to allow strand-based hair in the shop. The same as they did with dforce outfits that exploded very easily at first. This whole dforce adventure just doesn't seem too much reliable for production to me. Personally I still prefer exporting to blender and doing things there.

EDIT. I found some time to install and try out 4.11 and I have to say that on my pc it worked just fine. I don't seem to have drivers or iray or denoiser issues and the strand hair editor seems to work fine as well. I just noticed some issues with the hair color as if there was reversed normals or something. But it's probably just me that have to learn the tool better.

Post edited by Padone on
  • JerifeJerife Posts: 272

But... The fiber hair does not show in irayrender view but it renders well in the render window as external png or jpg. The truth is that is also invisible in Hidden Line view and Wireframe view

Thanks again for the new version

For strand-based hair go to the Tessellation group in the Parameters pane, for dForce hair go to the Simulation group in the Parameters pane. Turn on the option to draw PR hairs.

That worked Richard Thanks

Sun+Sky renders seems to go great and fast. With a light plane added for eye reflection, the same characters and settings render terribly slow and is as if the 2 lights don't know how to blend :O 

I enclose an image which has been rendering last 3 nights to explain what I mean

Anybody has same experience?

But the hair is glorious

hope is all fixed soon

102 07 cut Daz.png
    1600 x 1010 - 3M
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Yeah... guess it's "ready for prime time".  I'm installing the public build and the Setup program just told me it's uninstalling Daz Studio 4.11 (which has never been installed on my system).

• Noticed this in the Iray notes

Vertex motion blur support has been added

Does this mean we can finally render motion blur (inluding light trails) in Iray???

• wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572
    edited July 2019

Anyone have renders which rendered under 4.10 using the GPU a GTX1080ti and after installing 4.11 with an RTX 2080ti, the renders that worked under 4.10 with the 1080ti fell back to CPU?  NOTE:  GPU Memory was maxed under GPUz using 4.11 and the RTX 2080ti, so I'm wondering if GPU memory is handled differently under 4.11.

Thanks,

Scott

GPUz.JPG
    1037 x 1218 - 210K
    Post edited by wsgentry on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

I have filed 3 bug reports for the released version 4.11.0.383. I hope bugs don't delay the new & improved animation features too much.

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 789
    wsgentry said:

Anyone have renders which rendered under 4.10 using the GPU a GTX1080ti and after installing 4.11 with an RTX 2080ti, the renders that worked under 4.10 with the 1080ti fell back to CPU?  NOTE:  GPU Memory was maxed under GPUz using 4.11 and the RTX 2080ti, so I'm wondering if GPU memory is handled differently under 4.11.

Thanks,

Scott

I had to go back to 4.10 after fighting 4.11 for almost a week. The GPU memory requirements were just too much for my system. I tried everything to get it to render on the GPU. It jumped to CPU rendering every time. Very disappointed about it but nothing I can do. I miss the viewport fixes but I'll just have to live with 4.10's minor issues. At least I can render again.
  • RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,120
    GlenWebb said:
    wsgentry said:

Thanks,

Scott

I had to go back to 4.10 after fighting 4.11 for almost a week. The GPU memory requirements were just too much for my system. I tried everything to get it to render on the GPU. It jumped to CPU rendering every time. Very disappointed about it but nothing I can do. I miss the viewport fixes but I'll just have to live with 4.10's minor issues. At least I can render again.

Have either of you tried playing with either the Instancing Optimization control (found under Render Settings > Editor tab > Optimization) or the OptiX Prime toggle? Both of these can make or break successful GPU rendering when memory tolerances are close.

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 789
    Yes, nothing worked. I could use the iRay preview mode in the viewport and it would use the GPU. But I go to render the actual scenes and it defaulted to CPU. I tried the same scenes after re-installing 4.10 and every scene used the graphics card. My card is too small and Daz 4.11/iRay consumes too much of the GPU to render.
    GlenWebb said:
    wsgentry said:

Thanks,

Scott

I'm able to render with most things under 4.11 using the 2080ti, but I found the CPU switch with two scenes.  I'm going to try what RayDAnt suggests and report back. 

edited July 2019

Thanks, RayDAnt!  Enabling Memory Optimization seems to have solved the problem.  OptiX toggle didn't change much.  Combining OptiX and Memory works, too.  Here's a screen shot of the graphics card's use five minutes into the render which always failed. 

Interesting thing... If I enable Nvidia Iray in the Viewport, it switches to CPU during a final render... Keeping preview at Texture shaded or switching to Texture Shaded, or a preview mode other than Nvidia Iray prior to rendering doesn't cause the switch.

Five minutes in.JPG
    1041 x 1226 - 183K
  • PadonePadone Posts: 3,476
    edited July 2019
    wsgentry said:

Enabling Memory Optimization seems to have solved the problem.  OptiX toggle didn't change much.

The memory optimization only works with scene using instances. Otherwise it does nothing. Also the denoiser takes extra vram and doesn't work that great anyway. So using an external denoiser can save vram as well.

Post edited by Padone on
    edited July 2019
    Padone said:
    wsgentry said:

Enabling Memory Optimization seems to have solved the problem.  OptiX toggle didn't change much.

The memory optimization only works with scene using instances. Otherwise it does nothing. Also the denoiser takes extra vram and doesn't work that great anyway. So using an external denoiser can save vram as well.

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm not using the denoiser tp my knowledge (if it's off by default, it's cool; I get rid of noise by either rendering bigger than needed and resize, or render longer), but the scene does have multiple instances, so that explains it.  Thank you, again!

• wfwf Posts: 19

Just got some serious issues with Daz3D 4.11.. Running 2080 ti on latest nvidia drivers (430.86)

The application hangs (couldn't create the viewport) and I have uninstalled/installed both final and beta versions.

logfile ends here:

2019-07-06 21:33:09.691 Successfully created OpenGL viewport for AuxViewportView.
    2019-07-06 21:33:10.675 Started in: C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4
    2019-07-06 21:33:10.675 DAZ Studio Started
    2019-07-06 21:33:10.675 Creating Pixel Buffer
    2019-07-06 21:33:10.742 Pixel buffer - Width: 1024 Height: 1024

I deleted appdata/roaming/daz 3d/Studio4/*

Any suggestions?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    wf said:

Just got some serious issues with Daz3D 4.11.. Running 2080 ti on latest nvidia drivers (430.86)

The application hangs (couldn't create the viewport) and I have uninstalled/installed both final and beta versions.

logfile ends here:

2019-07-06 21:33:09.691 Successfully created OpenGL viewport for AuxViewportView.
    2019-07-06 21:33:10.675 Started in: C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4
    2019-07-06 21:33:10.675 DAZ Studio Started
    2019-07-06 21:33:10.675 Creating Pixel Buffer
    2019-07-06 21:33:10.742 Pixel buffer - Width: 1024 Height: 1024

I deleted appdata/roaming/daz 3d/Studio4/*

Any suggestions?

I am advised to tell you

Step back the driver version (not to exceed the minimum requirement). Recommend a clean install of said driver(s).

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421

does anyone noticed the problem with mouse "jump" is fixed?
    I have no more mouse jump,,

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited August 2019

Perhaps. I just installed it on my main rig i7 10 core with 1080ti the iray preview now works. It did not when I 1st tried it on my 1070 laptop...

The scene did hang for approx 30 seonds

Edit I just experiencd the mouse jump.. I have my 10 installer if needed..

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,790
    cm152335 said:

does anyone noticed the problem with mouse "jump" is fixed?
    I have no more mouse jump,,

did not notice any mouse jumps so far, since the latest releases.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited August 2019

I did not see any improvement in render speed

Edit 11 started buggering up. Got the preview window not working properly & undo skipped a few steps. Re installed 10 renders faster..

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449

I have reported this with a crash dump but I thought I'd ask: is anyone getting a DAZ Studio crash when using the SBH editor? I've tried to narrow it down and I suspect that the higher the hair density setting, the more likely it is to crash. So far, my workaround has been to keep the density low for most of the workflow and then raise it to a higher value towards the end.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

How high a density. I was working on some hair and I pushed it to 200 without any crashes.

Fishtales said:

How high a density. I was working on some hair and I pushed it to 200 without any crashes.

Much lower than that ... 80 to 100.

I have not yet had a crash while leaving it around the default (i.e. without increasing the setting). I've had several with density set around the 100 mark.

Just increased it to 400 and started a render and it worked fine.

edited August 2019
    Fishtales said:

Just increased it to 400 and started a render and it worked fine.

Then, as always, it will probably be a combination of factors - perhaps having a high density and trying to do something that you are not trying, I'll try more experiments when I have a little more time to play. BTW, I was nowhere near the render stage, the crashes happend during the hair manipulation workflow inside the editor.

Post edited by marble on
    edited August 2019

I've moved every slider I could think of and used most of the tools too.

Here is the 400 density render, I am still cutting and shaping the hair at the moment.

Click on image for full size.

noggins-rat-strand-hair-004.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 740K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,091

OK, it's been about 9 to 10 days since a negative report has been given about DAZ Studio 4.11 and that someone has gone back to 4.10. So, may I ask, how is 4.11 running now. I'm using a Macintosh, by the way. I'm on DAZ Studio 4.10.0.123, with Mac OS 10.12.6 (Sierra).

@inquire

I find it very slow to render quite a few of my older scenes, and the rat, above, took nearly 11 hours. I rendered it in Studio 4.12 Beta and it did it in 2 hours and 5 mins :) Studio 4.10 was slower but faster than 4.11. That is CPU only.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,574
    inquire said:

OK, it's been about 9 to 10 days since a negative report has been given about DAZ Studio 4.11 and that someone has gone back to 4.10. So, may I ask, how is 4.11 running now. I'm using a Macintosh, by the way. I'm on DAZ Studio 4.10.0.123, with Mac OS 10.12.6 (Sierra).

4.11 is no longer being developed. 4.11.0.383 was released on June 12. They're moving forward with development of 4.12.

- Greg

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,091
    edited August 2019

Thanks, Fishtales and algovincian: So, is 4.11.0.383 deemed stable now? Are either of you Mac users? Anyone using 4.11.0.383 with Mac OS 10.12.6 (Sierra)?

OK, I went up to the Mac version of 4.11.0.383, Pro, 64-bit. seems all right.

Post edited by inquire on

I just discovered that the old Active Pose tool bug is still not fixed. I don't know why they release these updates while ignoring reported and verified bugs. I had assumed it would be fixed, went ahead and used the tool only to have it crash without warning. Just like it did when it was reported during the beta phase.