No Door in obj???

MacBook Pro OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6  Daz Studio 4.10  Hexagon 2.5.2.109

New to both.

This is driving me nuts. well nuttier.

I cut out a hole in a grid in Hexagon then send to Daz. The hole is gone. What happen to my hole?

Comments

• Can you do a screen grab of the wall showing the scene/properties tab.

A posible solution is, when you cut and paste (CTRL + X then CTRL + V on PC) you create a new form (form0 is the wall, form1 the door). Hexagon will only send a single form - Hexagon calls objects "Forms" until you re-name them.

By the way, you will not be able to open the door this way in DS, you will have to learn how to rig (shading domains, bones etc). It is easy to make a sliding door using a morph - If you want to go that route just say :)

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

By the way, you will not be able to open the door this way in DS, you will have to learn how to rig (shading domains, bones etc). It is easy to make a sliding door using a morph - If you want to go that route just say :)

Or just make the door a completely separate object that can be moved and rotated independently.

• I got it figured out by importing into another 3d app and checking the model it had extra polys added. I just can't get used to:

1.having to accept or apply with each change.

2. no optimize (getiing rid of extra non-connected vertexs.

3. No way to check the model for the extra polygons. (which was the problem in the first place.)

4. Bridge (send to Daz) not working.

If you have any enlightenment in these areas please let me know i would like to keep using Hexagon but these are problems I don't know if I can get used to. 

Thank you so much for your time and your help.

PS I'm loving Daz Studio 4.10.

• Ascania, I read it that he was using the HEX-DS Bridge, going by what I've done in the past rotating does not work very well.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Ascania, I read it that he was using the HEX-DS Bridge, going by what I've done in the past rotating does not work very well.

There is a good reason I avoid using the bridge.

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited July 2019

Trying to answer your questions Uncle, not sure how you got extra faces.

1. You get used to it in time.

2. I need more info, not sure if you want to highlight the lines and use the Backspace key ?

3. Can you do a real close-up screen grab so I can see the extra faces. You could select a face, press CTRL + (increase selection) then "I" to invert and delete unwanted faces

4. Works fine for me.

Hints. Make the walls and doors from cubes, make ceiling and floor from planes. If you want bones (being able to rotate/bend) use Shading Domains. To learn how to rig, I can let you have links to tutorials, but its best to ask questions in the Daz Studio forum.

Have you tried saving the model as an OBJ, and importing it into DS ?

Edit to add - Here's a video tutorial by SickleYield, she is not using Hexagon but the process is the same (try it without ticking the Apply SubD box).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNFHv8K8qKg

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • edited July 2019

Trying to answer your questions Uncle, not sure how you got extra faces.

3. Can you do a real close-up screen grab so I can see the extra faces. You could select a face, press CTRL + (increase selection) then "I" to invert and delete unwanted faces

Hints. Make the walls and doors from cubes, make ceiling and floor from planes. If you want bones (being able to rotate/bend) use Shading Domains. To learn how to rig, I can let you have links to tutorials, but its best to ask questions in the Daz Studio forum.

Edit to add - Here's a video tutorial by SickleYield, she is not using Hexagon but the process is the same (try it without ticking the Apply SubD box).

3. I resolved the issue in my other 3D modellings software. Project closed.(gone)

Thanks for the hints. and the video.

Also thanks for your time and efforts. I appreciate it. Onwards and upwards.

Post edited by uncle808us_058ebb82b3 on
  • Unify normals first before sending model to other apps.

• @ShawnDriscoll: Thanks, this will be very helpful in the future.