"My Runway" - Competition Closed/Free Upgrade to DressShop 2.0 announced (Commercial)

Comments

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited October 2013

Zawarkal said:
    Zawarkal said:
    ok, I had to make an image with my outfit and thought that I would share it

|:| Fortune Teller |:|

ROFLMAO!! I cannot believe it. I just threw this image together quickly because I wanted to use my new outfit. I wasn't even going to post the image at my main gallery posting site. Just for kicks I did go ahead and post it at Runtime DNA because of their Disturbia Gallery challenge. And, they actually picked the image!! SO.... Thank You very much for hosting this contest!!!

Hi!
    Was there an image to go with this post?

yes, it is back on page 3 of this thread post # 36... this forum does not carry images forward with the quotes.
    I will add the image here again just for ease of finding
    edit: I guess I should note that my outfit is only the orange and black clown suit worn by the cat, not including the hat... there is a separate image render included on the prior page showing only the portion of the outfit that I created

cat.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 173K
    Post edited by zawarkal on
  • info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
    edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    ok, I had to make an image with my outfit and thought that I would share it |:| Fortune Teller |:|

ROFLMAO!! I cannot believe it. I just threw this image together quickly because I wanted to use my new outfit. I wasn't even going to post the image at my main gallery posting site. Just for kicks I did go ahead and post it at Runtime DNA because of their Disturbia Gallery challenge. And, they actually picked the image!! SO.... Thank You very much for hosting this contest!!!

How long did it take you to create this dress?

edited December 1969

Only 30-day left to get your trial DressShop and submit a dress to win!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Only 30-day left to get your trial DressShop and submit a dress to win!

today is the last day !

edited December 1969

True. Small mistake - corrected.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited October 2013

I had a lot of outfits I was hoping to show here: a genie outfit for Dawn, a pair of goggles, a clown outfit, ballet shoes.

All i have to show for it though is this image, a Witchy riding dress for Dawn. My computer harddrive suffered a total death 2 weeks ago and i lost a ton of work :'(

This outfit i was going to share with everyone but i have to start over making it and haven't had time yet...

Top (with the cross material zone, for easy shader use), shorts (with edges material zones), stockings (multiple material zones) and boots all made in Dress Shop and Daz Studio. Not shown, but there were also gloves and a hat.

Note: not an entry!

DawnOutfit.jpg
    1238 x 902 - 755K
    Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Be careful sometimes non entries win with a non entry award.

edited December 1969

Here is my first dress made with DressShop. This is without really reading the manual. I only read a paragraph or two. Maybe I will have time later tonight to do something better. This is what I wanted though I have not textured it yet.

testdress.jpg
    1356 x 922 - 78K
  • VisioneerVisioneer Posts: 158
    edited October 2013

Please consider this my entry, in the event I cannot complete the extra items I have planned for it in time. These three items were modeled in Modo 601. I have some slight fitting errors to correct, and detailing I would like to do, but the base forms are complete. The set consists of One (1) pair of low leg panties (popular in Japanese manga), One (1) soft pleated skirt, and One (1) Top. The images to the right show the separation of MAT zones, by item, and the image on the bottom right shows UV layout. The items were modeled with edge and poly flow in mind, so deformations can be handled a bit smoother, and use only quads to be able to apply the subdivision modifier in DAZ Studio without deformation or artifacts to the mesh.

Each mesh also has a "border" to simulate cloth thickness, so close up renders do not look like the character is wearing paper. Only basic rigging has been applied, thus far. Once the other planned items are completed, I will be uploading the clothing to ShareCG for anyone to download. The clothing is made for Genesis.

Download is available here:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/72836/view/21/DAZ-Studio/My-Runway-Competition-Outfit

VisioneerEntry.jpg
    1920 x 1107 - 348K
    Post edited by Visioneer on
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

I had a lot of outfits I was hoping to show here: a genie outfit for Dawn, a pair of goggles, a clown outfit, ballet shoes.

All i have to show for it though is this image, a Witchy riding dress for Dawn. My computer harddrive suffered a total death 2 weeks ago and i lost a ton of work :'(

This outfit i was going to share with everyone but i have to start over making it and haven't had time yet...

Top (with the cross material zone, for easy shader use), shorts (with edges material zones), stockings (multiple material zones) and boots all made in Dress Shop and Daz Studio. Not shown, but there were also gloves and a hat.

Note: not an entry!

PLUS-cool!!! belovedalia. I love it.

edited December 1969

Unfortunately, after wasting 90 minutes on a bad normal bake, I realized that I'm not going to have the time to do all I want to do with this project for this competition. I did, however, update the MAT zones ever so slightly. This gave the ability for the outfit to also work as a nice little swimwear set. And don't worry! Guys like it too! ;P

SwimwearDuo.jpg
    710 x 894 - 312K
    edited December 1969

My Runway competition closed on October 31, 2013. Winners will be announced in the next 10 days.

Abalone is also pleased to announce that everyone who purchases DressShop 1.0 will receive a FREE upgrade to its upcoming DressShop 2.0.
    DressShop 2.0 represents a major next step for the program:
    1. New tabs Materials offers a palette of patterns and materials to be used and previewed
    2. New tab of Runway presents a palette of backgrounds and poses, plus a camera tool to capture/email the design
    3. New “fold” tool to make plaited dresses
    4. Support for WIN8 tablets (gesture and voice control).
    ...and much, much more!

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    ok, I had to make an image with my outfit and thought that I would share it |:| Fortune Teller |:|

How long did it take you to create this dress?

sorry for delayed response... my internet provider is having issues... at my Mother's house to get on today...

I don't remember for sure now as it has been a few days now. Maybe three to four hours. The suit was easy enough as it was just the genesis figure without the hands, feet, and head. The ruffles came from sphere's. Used daz dform tools to shape ruffles and polygon selection tool to create surfaces and remove odd polygons. Added star and moon objects I had in content for accessories. Exported as OBJ and imported with transfer to genesis to make workable garment.

As my internet has had issue I never got a chance to watch your videos in order to try out your program... sorry for that, but beyond my control

edited December 1969

Thanks for the answer. Hope you enjoyed the contest:-)

edited December 1969

Thanks for the answer. Hope you enjoyed the contest:-)

I really did, fingers are crossed - though lots of great entries here. Still dreaming of Faceshop which was my reason for trying something out of my comfort zone in the first place. And again, thank you for that push.

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Any screenshots of the updates to the program :)

edited December 1969

Any screenshots of the updates to the program :)

Very preliminary - but thanks for asking:-)

prelim.jpg
    800 x 450 - 133K
    edited December 1969

I am so happy I can get DressShop 2. How will the free upgrade work?

edited December 1969

Nice, like the controls

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Still no cloth simulation? Really?

edited December 1969

Hey Laslo, just so you know, I updated the file so it *should* work correctly now.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/72836/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/My-Runway-Competition-Outfit-for-Genesis

edited December 1969

It would be nice if there was another dress that was loose fitting and straighter throughout, I tried stretching the one available in the demo but couldn't get it wide enough for what I was trying to create, just a suggestion :)

edited December 1969

It would be nice if there was another dress that was loose fitting and straighter throughout, I tried stretching the one available in the demo but couldn't get it wide enough for what I was trying to create, just a suggestion :)

Good idea! Can you post a sketch here so I know exactly what you have in mind?
    Laslo

edited December 1969

something like this but floor length,

dolce-and-gabbana-fw-2014-women-fashion-show-runway-75.jpg
    534 x 763 - 122K
    dolce-and-gabbana-fw-2014-women-fashion-show-runway-05.jpg
    534 x 763 - 138K
    edited November 2013

OK, implemented! Great input, thanks Heather!

newchoose2.jpg
    708 x 565 - 96K
    Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

OK, implemented! Great input, thanks Heather!

that was quick !

edited December 1969

very quick.

edited December 1969

Definitely need more starter mesh shapes I think and I agree, a long straight less fitted gown starter mesh would be fantastic! :) But don't forget guys that you can import any ready resource mesh- and for example Joe Quick has a set of excellent resource meshes.... and if you guys use Dawn, there's a fantastic resource starter mesh set for Dawn (as well as templates for autofitting to her, includijng a nice dress template), so you can use Dress Shop to make clothing for DS Dawn. :)

the updates look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it in action! I've been experiementing with a couple things and hope to send you some progress soon :0

edited December 1969

thanks for info on importing other meshes, didn't think of the that.

edited December 1969

thanks for info on importing other meshes, didn't think of the that.

Just remember that DressShop uses the bryce scale and a lot of meshes aren't in bryce scale. So, for example, i spent a bit of time prepping all the meshes, by importing into DS, and exporting again to bryce scale (and saving into the Dress Shop library for future ease of use).

Also, I find that the higher resolution the mesh is when you work with it in DressShop, the cleaner the cuts and styling are. Or, if you work at a lower res in dress shop, after you send it to Daz studio, convert it to SubD makes it much smoother, without removing details the way smoothing will. So generally, my workflow is is either subdivide before exporting it to bryce scale/dress shop, OR, after cutting in DressShop and sending to Daz, I subdivided it, autorig it, and save as a new clothing file. :) I may use smoothing but never more than 2 levels of it, if possible.

:)