Selection disappearing when selecting sweep surface tool

StimpskiStimpski Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with my surface selection deselecting itself when I click on the sweep surface tool.

I have a simple cube and select 2 opposite sides with the select faces tool. I then click the sweep surface tool and continue my modeling.

Then if I select more surfaces and then click the sweep surface tool again my selection deselects itself.

I'm not sure what's going on here. I'm following a beginner video tutorial and they are able to this: http://www.geekatplay.com/tutorials/hexagon/one/

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I am using Hexagon 2.5.1.79 on Mac OS X 10.7.4.

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Sorry, can't replicate your issue.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Have you sought help here Hexagon Discussion Forum? All Hexagon users all the time. Just the people who might know the answer to your problem.

• StimpskiStimpski Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ascania said:
    Sorry, can't replicate your issue.

Yeah, it's really weird. The tutorial I'm watching just works and mine doesn't.

Thanks for testing it out though.

Cheers.

• StimpskiStimpski Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Have you sought help here Hexagon Discussion Forum? All Hexagon users all the time. Just the people who might know the answer to your problem.

Thanks for the forum tip. Sorry for posting to the wrong forum.

Cheers.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No apology needed you did just right. I just pointed you to the people with the most experience.

• admkrkadmkrk Posts: 48
    edited December 1969

That didn't happen to me when I just tried it. What all did you do between your final sweep and selecting the new faces? I can only think it has something to do between those steps. I find modeling in symmetry distracting and don't work that way so it's very possible I'm doing something different than you trying to recreate your issue.

Just for the record, because I don't model in symmetry, I also don't use the sweep or extrude tools. After selecting the faces/edges I want to extrude I simply hold the ctrl key and use the widget. No need for validating anything and I get don't loose any functionality other than symmetry.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Threads merged and repeat of the question has been removed.

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

Stimpski said:
    Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with my surface selection deselecting itself when I click on the sweep surface tool.

I have a simple cube and select 2 opposite sides with the select faces tool. I then click the sweep surface tool and continue my modeling.

Then if I select more surfaces and then click the sweep surface tool again my selection deselects itself.

I'm not sure what's going on here. I'm following a beginner video tutorial and they are able to this: http://www.geekatplay.com/tutorials/hexagon/one/

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I am using Hexagon 2.5.1.79 on Mac OS X 10.7.4.

Did you hit "return" or click "validate" or "double click" after extruding?

Also, if you want to extrude more than one surface, you must hold down the "Shift' key to select all of the surfaces before selecting the "extrude" tool.