Daz Studio 4.11 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,899

They really need to test this stuff before they release it to the public.

I tried the beta previously, but it didn't recognize any of my content, so I axed it and went back to 4.10. Upgraded through DIM and all is fine - on my old computer.

But I just migrated to a new machine, moved over the installers, installed along with 4.11, set directories and everything, and while things appear to be in content library, Smart Content is completely blank, and it won't connect to the DAZ store from within the app.

Very frustrating. I'm next trying to copy over all the files and setting from my old machine in hopes that it actually detects things properly. What was I thinking that installing things from the DIM installers might actually work correctly.

And to be clear, this has taken the better part of the day, and so far no resolution.

Public Betas undergo testing for quite some time before being released as a General Release.

To pick up your content, you'll have to specify your content directories in the Beta, as it doesn't get the information from the General Release version.

As for the Smart Content, either your database is empty or PostgreSQL isn't installed/running.

• Solar DreamerSolar Dreamer Posts: 33
    edited June 2019

Install Manager will give you an error if PostgreSQL isn't installed / running.

Why would the database be empty after letting install manager work its magic for an hour or however long it takes to install things from zips / manifests?

Gonna try a rollback to 4.10 on the new machine (fortunately kept around the installers), and see if that works (particularly since transferring over settings and content from old install manually is slated to take several hours).

EDIT: tried it, didn't work. There's no reason software like this shouldn't work on a fresh install of Windows. Unless the problem is that they didn't bother to test it against Windows 1903.

Post edited by Solar Dreamer on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    I tried the beta previously, but it didn't recognize any of my content, so I axed it and went back to 4.10.

Did you check that the content location settings (in Content Directory Manager) were the same before and after upgrading? Were they default, or had you changed the folder paths? Keep in mind that if you've never installed a beta before, it will not share the settings of the release version — you have to manually duplicate the release settings in the beta.

There does seem to be something odd going on, though, a few people have reported their files seem to have vanished, but all that's changed is the program settings are no longer pointing to the still intact files, exactly as they were installed. If that's so, it's definitely a "shouldn't happen" situation. I don't think I remember anything similar happening with any previous update, even the ones from v3 to v4 and then to v4.5, which made some of the biggest changes in DAZ|Studio.

• I tried the beta previously, but it didn't recognize any of my content, so I axed it and went back to 4.10.

Did you check that the content location settings (in Content Directory Manager) were the same before and after upgrading? Were they default, or had you changed the folder paths? Keep in mind that if you've never installed a beta before, it will not share the settings of the release version — you have to manually duplicate the release settings in the beta.

There does seem to be something odd going on, though, a few people have reported their files seem to have vanished, but all that's changed is the program settings are no longer pointing to the still intact files, exactly as they were installed. If that's so, it's definitely a "shouldn't happen" situation. I don't think I remember anything similar happening with any previous update, even the ones from v3 to v4 and then to v4.5, which made some of the biggest changes in DAZ|Studio.

I don't think I ever experienced this before 4.11, and I've updated a number of times. I did check to make sure I was setting things up the same way as before (directory structure/libraries/et al.)

4.11 beta just plain wouldn't recognize things on my old machine. Rolling that one back to 4.10 fixed it. Was able to upgrade to 4.11 official without problems on that machine.

New machine, having same problem except with 4.11 official, and rolling back isn't helping.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,899

There's no reason software like this shouldn't work on a fresh install of Windows. Unless the problem is that they didn't bother to test it against Windows 1903.

It works perfectly on my Windows 1903 machine.

• Well nothing seems to be working, so now I'm trying just redownloading everything. Maybe it'll finish sometime this week.

Knowing my luck, it still won't work though. Every other program I've installed and configured on my new machine without problems.

DAZ just seems to tank hard for no apparent reason.

• I am new to Daz Studio. I like the stranded hair feature in 4.11,( it kind of reminds me of the hair room in poser.) To update couldn't I go into preferences and check for updates?
    Check For Updates.jpg
    416 x 486 - 116K
    edited June 2019

Well, I've put probably 18 hours now into trying to get my content to show up under Smart Content and it's still not working.

It used to be that you avoided installing anything through DAZ directly because it was buggy and glitchy as all heck. Looks like they finally got around to messing up DAZ Install Manager as well.

DAZ Studio keeps trying to update metadata and saying everything fails. DIM installs everything, but DAZ seems unable to detect anything correctly, except as folder directories. This is with fresh downloaded copy of my library.

None of the logs seem to have anything especially helpful.

Trying more things anyway. It shouldn't take a literal entire day's troubleshooting just to get DAZ and content installed on a new machine. And the problem is still not resolved.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Check Task Manager and see if PostgreSQL is running, there should be five or six instances.

• Fishtales said:

Check Task Manager and see if PostgreSQL is running, there should be five or six instances.

I tried creating a new Windows profile and doing a fresh DAZ install from there. That finished when I woke up.

Initially said converting the files, which it claimed to do successfully (note: this is freshly downloaded library). Shows up in Smart Content, but now the files themselves won't load and all have yellow exclamation marks.

There are about 20 postgresql's open right now, but I'm (yet again) uninstalling all DAZ content to try something different. I wish they would beta test this stuff.

I installed 4.11 Beta alongside 4.10 on my laptop with the content all on an external drive and both pick it up fine. I also updated the Beta to the latest release, which is the same as the General Release, with no problems. I used DIM, which I use all the time.

• Fishtales said:

I installed 4.11 Beta alongside 4.10 on my laptop with the content all on an external drive and both pick it up fine. I also updated the Beta to the latest release, which is the same as the General Release, with no problems. I used DIM, which I use all the time.

Yeah, I can't remember having problems with DIM in the past, at least anytime recently.

I started using it at the suggestion of customer support some years back because DAZ Studio's internal handling of content (through connect) plain didn't work and mangled everything. This feels reminiscent of that. 

• dazamonium, you must have a lot of content to take all day to reload. But that does sound scary. I have some content. And I hate the thought of reloading it all again. Seems to me, that what Fishtales was talking about. Using the DIM is the way to go, instead of the check updates now button in preferences.
    edited June 2019
    dazamonium, you must have a lot of content to take all day to reload. But that does sound scary. I have some content. And I hate the thought of reloading it all again. Seems to me, that what Fishtales was talking about. Using the DIM is the way to go, instead of the check updates now button in preferences.

The issue is not so much the amount of content (there is some - enough that I care about getting this working anyway), but much moreso having to troubleshoot / reinstall DAZ / DIM and all related content 10+ times trying to get it to work. When it's working right, it works well. When it's broken, it'll cause you to waste days of your life.

Having it stuck on a hard drive probably isn't helping, as solid state drives are ~10 times faster.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207812393-PostgreSQL-Connection-Error-and-No-Smart-Content?page=3#comments

Seems like a bunch of people have been having problems with this. Some were able to fix it and some weren't, from what I can tell. Still bashing my head against the wall trying to get ths back up and running.

edited June 2019

Okay, finally got this problem fixed and my content loaded properly - 22 hours later.

I really don't know what ultimately was responsible - whether there was a problem with corrupt / duplicates from the downloads on my old computer, or it was encountering problems converting old the files correctly, or the postgresql config somehow got screwed up, or some combination.

Went through and wiped all traces of DAZ from my machine (temp files, appdata, programdata, reg keys - everything other than the fresh download installers), and reinstalled, and this finally seemed to work after I made sure I didn't miss anything this time.

I should probably get a SSD to put my content on, as this whole process would've probably taken 3-5 hours instead of 22 hours if I weren't using a hard drive.

• siteandsoundsiteandsound Posts: 45
    edited June 2019
    I'm glad you got the problem fixed. It gives me a little hope. Just thinking about everything you went through, scares me. I didn't even know that a solid state drive was 10 x faster. I have an old 7200 RPM, 3 terabyte, Serial ATA Drive. With all my poser content and runtimes. Right now, what I do is import every thing that I need for a project. It would be nice to be able to load a runtime. But I don't know the directory system yet. Glad everything worked out for you. And I hope I don't have all the problems you had.
    Post edited by siteandsound on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

I think they do check, but what happens is there are just too many versions of Windows and Macintoshes out there. So, things get missed.

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765

Which version of the Geforce driver did DAZ tested the general release (4.11.0.383)? I'm using the 430.86 with my old GTX970 and renders are failing on the GPU. I'm getting out of memory errors which causes the application to fallback on the CPU. I'm 100% sure the scene worked fine with the older 4.10 Studio. I'm seriously thinking of rolling back to 4.10 since I don't give a damn about the new features(eg. hair strand) and some of my encrypted scripts do not work anymore.

• edited June 2019
    I'm glad you got the problem fixed. It gives me a little hope. Just thinking about everything you went through, scares me. I didn't even know that a solid state drive was 10 x faster. I have an old 7200 RPM, 3 terabyte, Serial ATA Drive. With all my poser content and runtimes. Right now, what I do is import every thing that I need for a project. It would be nice to be able to load a runtime. But I don't know the directory system yet. Glad everything worked out for you. And I hope I don't have all the problems you had.

A standard SSD can read sequential data at a speed of about 550 megabytes per second (MBps) and write it at 520 MBps.

The problem is standard SSD still use SATA interface. Last Generation (NVMe) uses PCIe (the same slot used by your graphic card or other devices.

Modern motherboards use SATA III which maxes out at a throughput of 600MB/s (or 300MB/s for SATA II, in which case, it’s time to upgrade). Via that connection, most SSDs will provide Read/Write speeds in the neighborhood of 530/500 MB/s. For comparison, a 7200 RPM SATA drive manages around 100MB/s depending on age, condition, and level of fragmentation. NVMe drives, on the other hand, provide write speeds as high as 3500MB/s. That’s 7x over SATA SSDs!

I still have a SATA HDD for WAREHOUSE purpose... always copy to my OS drive (NVMe/SSD) big file that im gonna be using often...

You definitly need to upgrade because you dont want your HDD to bottleneck your system.

Hope this help...

Cant wait to test the official release of 4.11 on my brand new gamedev / gamer pc! (I9 9900k (8core)/ 64 Gig / ROG STRIX RTX 2080Ti OC 11G / 1To Nvme)

Last time i tried (beta), Daz was not responding at first boot... eventually crashes... 

Post edited by hexadecimalentertainment on
  • JerifeJerife Posts: 272

Let me first thank you Daz team for the improvements done to the program. I've installed it and keep on working in the same files I started in v.10 with np at all

I was doing a scene with UltraScatterPro and was crashing in v10 now in v11 calculated and rendered it fast and smoothly

Had not any issue with saved scenes or their geografts or anything nor with new characters

The horrible slowness of my mouse device when Studio was iray processing is now way better; but still sloooows when heavy rendering (in aux viewport or in ext render window) (Have a huge i7-7700, 32GB, W10 64 bit)

What has challenged me the most about the new version is the hair. Finally having realist hair in form and physics is thrilling. It seems it has the best of carrara hair without any of their many drawbacks. I am testing now PhilW hairs confirming he is master in both programs 

But... The fiber hair does not show in irayrender view but it renders well in the render window as external png or jpg. The truth is that is also invisible in Hidden Line view and Wireframe view

Thanks again for the new version

edited June 2019
    Hexadecimal, that was my old desktop. I haven't used it in over a year now. I use my laptop all the time now. I just add another monitor for workflow reasons. I have been meaning to upgrade. But didn't realize how far things have went. Is anybody else having problems with sluggishness? I don't mean milliseconds either. I go into the paint tab of stranded hair. Start to paint, and 40 to 60 seconds later a spot of paint shows. I would expect something like that from a single core processor. But I'm using a i7 with 4 cores,8 thred, and 8 gigs of RAM. I remember in poser I used to do this with a single core processor. I downloaded it with the DIM. Everything seem to download fine. Anybody know what's going on?
  • Jerife said:
    But... The fiber hair does not show in irayrender view but it renders well in the render window as external png or jpg. The truth is that is also invisible in Hidden Line view and Wireframe view

Thanks again for the new version

For strand-based hair go to the Tessellation group in the Parameters pane, for dForce hair go to the Simulation group in the Parameters pane. Turn on the option to draw PR hairs.

Hexadecimal, that was my old desktop. I haven't used it in over a year now. I use my laptop all the time now. I just add another monitor for workflow reasons. I have been meaning to upgrade. But didn't realize how far things have went. Is anybody else having problems with sluggishness? I don't mean milliseconds either. I go into the paint tab of stranded hair. Start to paint, and 40 to 60 seconds later a spot of paint shows. I would expect something like that from a single core processor. But I'm using a i7 with 4 cores,8 thred, and 8 gigs of RAM. I remember in poser I used to do this with a single core processor. I downloaded it with the DIM. Everything seem to download fine. Anybody know what's going on?

Upgrade your ram. With just 8GB you are probably using the virtual ram on the hard drive which will slow things down.

• So i give it a try agian... daz crashes after showing the UI. As soon as i click it.. it said not responding...

Kinda a huge turn off to have a beast like my pc and get this kind of issue. ive tried the last driver from nvidia both GR and Studio and i have the same. (even the beta crashes like that).

• So i give it a try agian... daz crashes after showing the UI. As soon as i click it.. it said not responding...

Kinda a huge turn off to have a beast like my pc and get this kind of issue. ive tried the last driver from nvidia both GR and Studio and i have the same. (even the beta crashes like that).

Does it recover if left (I'm not sure, given your copmment at the end of the previous post)? Is it loading a default scene or just opening blank? What security software are you running? Is there activity in Task Manager?

edited June 2019
    Okay found the problem. I have a Intel 4000 built-in graphics card. When I first set it up. It gave me a choice of a 2000 or 3000. Which is a low setting. It was set on balance mode. And I switched it to Performance mode. Very responsive now.
  • PadonePadone Posts: 3,476
    edited June 2019

So i give it a try agian... daz crashes after showing the UI. As soon as i click it.. it said not responding...

I'd suggest to reset windows 10 so it gets back to the default setup and cleans-up the registry, in case you tweaked anything by accident. Then reinstall the drivers. Then reinstall daz studio. This way you should get a complete fresh installation.

Another way would be to manually clean-uninstall daz studio by uninstalling then removing all the daz registry keys yourself. The standard uninstaller does not remove the registry keys. But this requires some confidence with the registry editor so it may not be for the common user.

EDIT. Also you could first try to run DS with the intel-hd gpu by wiring the monitor to the mobo. Just to check if it starts-up this way. You may also remove the nvidia card completely just to be sure it doesn't get in the way.

Post edited by Padone on
  • PraxisPraxis Posts: 240
    edited June 2019
    y3kman said:

Which version of the Geforce driver did DAZ tested the general release (4.11.0.383)? I'm using the 430.86 with my old GTX970 and renders are failing on the GPU. I'm getting out of memory errors which causes the application to fallback on the CPU. I'm 100% sure the scene worked fine with the older 4.10 Studio. I'm seriously thinking of rolling back to 4.10 since I don't give a damn about the new features(eg. hair strand) and some of my encrypted scripts do not work anymore.

I had the same problem (renders falling back to the CPU), and for me the fix was to change:  "Render Settings > Editor > Optimization > Instancing Optimization" from "Speed" to "Auto".

v4.10 had only "Memory" and "Speed" options.  v4.11 has added the "Auto" option:

This was the evidence of the problem in the Log file before the change:

2019-06-29 12:53:38.266 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Allocating 1-layer frame buffer
    2019-06-29 12:53:38.282 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Using batch scheduling, caustic sampler disabled
    2019-06-29 12:53:38.282 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Initializing local rendering.
    2019-06-29 12:53:38.313 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : CPU: using 11 cores for rendering
    2019-06-29 12:53:38.438 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Rendering with 2 device(s):
    2019-06-29 12:53:38.438 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info :  CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2070)
    2019-06-29 12:53:38.438 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info :  CPU
    2019-06-29 12:53:38.438 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Rendering...
    2019-06-29 12:53:38.438 Iray VERBOSE - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.3   IRAY   rend progr: CPU: Processing scene...
    2019-06-29 12:53:38.438 Iray VERBOSE - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.2   IRAY   rend progr: CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2070): Processing scene...
    2019-06-29 12:53:40.529 Iray VERBOSE - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.6   IRAY   rend stat : Geometry memory consumption: 6.32564 GiB (device 0), 0 B (host)
    2019-06-29 12:55:47.560 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.5   IRAY   rend info : Importing lights for motion time 0
    2019-06-29 12:55:47.560 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.5   IRAY   rend info : Initializing light hierarchy.
    2019-06-29 12:55:47.606 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.5   IRAY   rend info : Light hierarchy initialization took 0.04s
    2019-06-29 12:55:47.903 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(302): Iray ERROR - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.6   IRAY   rend error: Unable to allocate 3000000 bytes from 925696 bytes of available device memory
    2019-06-29 12:55:47.903 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(302): Iray ERROR - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.2   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2070): Scene setup failed
    2019-06-29 12:55:47.903 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(302): Iray ERROR - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.2   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2070): Device failed while rendering
    2019-06-29 12:55:47.934 Iray VERBOSE - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.5   IRAY   rend stat : Native CPU code generated in 0.322s
    2019-06-29 12:55:47.934 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.3   IRAY   rend info : CPU: Scene processed in 129.502s
    2019-06-29 12:55:47.950 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.3   IRAY   rend info : CPU: Allocated 37.7827 MiB for frame buffer
    2019-06-29 12:55:50.726 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.3   IRAY   rend info : Allocating 1-layer frame buffer
    2019-06-29 12:55:51.101 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(302): Iray WARNING - module:category(POST:RENDER):   1.0   POST   rend warn : renderer iray has no more devices available. Postprocessing falling back to CPU.
    2019-06-29 12:55:51.194 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Received update to 00001 iterations after 132.753s.
    2019-06-29 12:55:53.675 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Received update to 00002 iterations after 135.233s.
    2019-06-29 12:55:56.530 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Received update to 00003 iterations after 138.089s.

...etc. (cancelled after 65 iterations, which took 5 minutes).

This is the equivalent part of the Log file after the change, rendering the same scene (which converged to100% in less than 3 minutes):

2019-06-29 13:11:33.808 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Allocating 1-layer frame buffer
    2019-06-29 13:11:33.808 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Using batch scheduling, caustic sampler disabled
    2019-06-29 13:11:33.808 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Initializing local rendering.
    2019-06-29 13:11:33.808 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Available GPU memory has increased since out-of-memory failure. Re-enable CUDA device 0.
    2019-06-29 13:11:33.808 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : CPU: using 11 cores for rendering
    2019-06-29 13:11:33.808 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Rendering with 2 device(s):
    2019-06-29 13:11:33.808 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info :  CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2070)
    2019-06-29 13:11:33.808 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info :  CPU
    2019-06-29 13:11:33.808 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Rendering...
    2019-06-29 13:11:33.824 Iray VERBOSE - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.3   IRAY   rend progr: CPU: Processing scene...
    2019-06-29 13:11:33.824 Iray VERBOSE - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.2   IRAY   rend progr: CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2070): Processing scene...
    2019-06-29 13:11:33.871 Iray VERBOSE - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.4   IRAY   rend stat : Geometry memory consumption: 160.88 MiB (device 0), 0 B (host)
    2019-06-29 13:11:44.276 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.5   IRAY   rend info : Importing lights for motion time 0
    2019-06-29 13:11:44.276 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.5   IRAY   rend info : Initializing light hierarchy.
    2019-06-29 13:11:44.276 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.5   IRAY   rend info : Light hierarchy initialization took 0.00s
    2019-06-29 13:11:44.323 Iray VERBOSE - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.5   IRAY   rend stat : Native CPU code generated in 0.0417s
    2019-06-29 13:11:44.323 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.3   IRAY   rend info : CPU: Scene processed in 10.512s
    2019-06-29 13:11:44.338 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.3   IRAY   rend info : CPU: Allocated 37.7827 MiB for frame buffer
    2019-06-29 13:11:44.713 Iray VERBOSE - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.4   IRAY   rend stat : Texture memory consumption: 854.886 MiB for 128 bitmaps (device 0)
    2019-06-29 13:11:44.713 Iray VERBOSE - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.4   IRAY   rend stat : Material measurement memory consumption: 0 B (GPU)
    2019-06-29 13:11:44.713 Iray VERBOSE - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.4   IRAY   rend stat : Lights memory consumption: 196 B (device 0)
    2019-06-29 13:11:44.884 Iray VERBOSE - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.4   IRAY   rend stat : Materials memory consumption: 731.355 KiB (GPU)
    2019-06-29 13:11:44.884 Iray VERBOSE - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.4   IRAY   rend stat : PTX code (90.6 KiB) for sm75 generated in 0.175s
    2019-06-29 13:11:45.758 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.4   IRAY   rend info : JIT-linking wavefront kernel in 0.664s
    2019-06-29 13:11:45.773 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.4   IRAY   rend info : JIT-linking mega kernel in 0.027s
    2019-06-29 13:11:45.773 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.2   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2070): Scene processed in 11.963s
    2019-06-29 13:11:45.789 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.2   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2070): Allocated 37.7827 MiB for frame buffer
    2019-06-29 13:11:45.898 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.2   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2070): Allocated 1.6875 GiB of work space (2048k active samples in 0.111s)
    2019-06-29 13:11:46.351 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.2   IRAY   rend info : Allocating 1-layer frame buffer
    2019-06-29 13:11:47.864 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Received update to 00001 iterations after 14.045s.
    2019-06-29 13:11:49.393 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Received update to 00010 iterations after 15.569s.
    2019-06-29 13:11:49.595 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Received update to 00013 iterations after 15.772s.

...etc. (the render converged to 100% after 632 iterations, which took 2 minutes 59 secs).

For the record, I'm using NVIDIA drivers v425.31 on a Windows 7 PC.

Also, if you are having slow response in the OpenGL 3D viewport (i.e. not in "NVIDIA Iray" display style), from the Main Menu try changing "Edit > Preferences > Interface > Display Optimization" to "Best".

This appears to have been fixed in v4.12.0.13 according to the Change Log

• Source maintenance

• Default to “Best” display optimization when the user's card supports VBOs; reset this setting for all users

• Updated copyright statement to include TBB and Thrust

DAZ Studio : Incremented build number to 4.12.0.13

Iray_Optimization.jpg
    600 x 560 - 97K
    Post edited by Praxis on
  • Ghastly1Ghastly1 Posts: 7
    y3kman said:

y3kman - FYI - I'm still using 4.10. However, a few weeks ago - shortly after I found DAZ 4.11 waiting in my DIM - I began having problems similar to what you describe. I' also running a GTX970 but with an older driver. After a long search I found 430.86 on NVIDIA's site and installed it - so far everything has been working well with DAZ 4.10 so I probably won't move to 4.11 till things quiet down.