Iray Converter for Genesis and Generation 4 Bundle ??

davesodaveso Posts: 6,446

This product is on sale with the bundle your own deal today 24 June 2019 
Iray Converter for Genesis and Generation 4 Bundle https://www.daz3d.com/iray-converter-for-genesis-and-generation-4-bundle
It converts Generation 4 and Genesis characters to Iray ... 

Does it work well?
Is this something that can be done without purchase of this product?

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,697

Its results were underwhelming to me, though better than Iray Uber default converter, but with experimentation (lots for me) it can make some skins look quite special. I personally prefer the skin shader converter found in Genesis 2 Starter Essentials, which, with some increasing of lip roughness comes a lot closer to what I've become accustomed to from Iray skin.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,165

I used it as lot when it first came out, but I have moved on to Genesis 8, so it now lies idle in my runtime. I was happy with the results. There are several optional presets to tweak the results.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,165
    edited June 2019

Here are renders I did of Aiko 5 skin (Genesis generation) and Rob Elite skin (Generation 4) a long time ago, using this skin converter. They aren't great renders, but you can get a little idea of the results, perhaps.

Aiko 5 ISC Iray DS 4.9 smile.jpg
    1548 x 1233 - 956K
    Rob Elite ISC Gen 4 Iray.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,446

thanks smiley

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

I have those, but there are other convedrters that I think produce a more natural result.  If I had to buy just one set of skin shaders, then I'd say that, on the basis of a dollar for feature value and ease of use, NGS Anagennesis 2 is the best option for the older products as it covers all generations from V4 up through G8... though I really like the results one gets with Altern8 on G3 and G8.

• Payat ParinPayat Parin Posts: 980

Genesis 2 skin is so flat and disgusting. It is like painted and brushed. So different from realistic skins of Gen 3 & Gen 8.