RRRR Chain render contest - Winners announced!

TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Ladies and gentlemen, or can you really say that about the wonderful bunch that create such wacky and wonderful renders!
The votes have been tallied by BWC tallymaster bohemian3 and these are the results:

Best category;
Winner: Sasje#01 : Not all creatures are bad.
2nd place: KyotoKid #2 - “Do You really think It’s Safe?”
3rd place: barbult #1 - Visiting Hours

Funniest category:
Winner: Totte#04 - Wack-A-Frank
2nd place: ChangelingChick#01 - Maybe the guy in the middle?
3rd place: Meanie#1 - Never Eat Mysterious Cupcakes

Now, prizes prizes!
The prizes are as always the same in each category as we value beauty and fun equally much.

Winners: $12 DAZ GC plus an item of choice from KaribousBoutique's store and from Totte's store. Winners will be informed how to choose from Totte, and check the original post for info on how to choose from KaribousBoutique's.
2nd place: $8 DAZ GC
3rd place: $5 DAZ GC

Now, special prizes for newcomers from bohemian3.

An extra $10 DAZ GC from bohemians goes out to both the newcomers who cleaned up as well in the main categories!

ChangelingChick#01 - Maybe the guy in the middle?
Love this one. It's a creative use of elements, pokes fun at TV police procedurals (which I am a huge fan!) and also brings up how unreliable witnesses can be. Fun fun fun.

Meanie#1 - Never Eat Mysterious Cupcakes
Really terrific lighting (especially the background elements), and kind of disturbing at the same time in an Alice in Wonderland sort of way. Well played. (And because I totally love your screen name and avatar as well)

All winners will be contacted with for their prizes, but it will take a while as I need to sort out the GC stuff.

So, congratulations to all who participated in this RRRR. I think the Chain element together with a tough limit made the contest rock this time. I hope we see even more new faces when we run the next one, and I promise, it will not have anything to do with christmas holidays at all.

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited October 2013

Congratulations to the winners - really well done! - and especially to the two "newbies" who came up trumps on their first outings (both of these were in my voting choices).
    And well done everyone for some really good renders that just missed out. And of course to Totte and sponsors for running another fine contest. :-)

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,513
    edited October 2013

...wow, thanks. Had a lot of fun with this one.

...so does this mean I'll need five items in the next challenge? All the better.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 1969

Congrats everyone!
    I really liked “Not all creatures are bad” as well :D

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

wooow .. Thank you :-) also Congratulations to the other winners and not forget the other people who did with the contest, realy great renders.
    And also thanks to Totte and the sponors for the great prizes.
    It was fun to do :-)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners and everyone for a job well done.

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners!
    Nice work everyone!!

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
    edited December 1969

Yay, grats all of you, well deserved !

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners! It was a really fun contest this month.

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 2,973
    edited December 1969

Wow! Thanks!! I'm glad I was able to make some of y'all laugh :D I had a lot of fun, and I loved all the randomness y'all made into coherence :D

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Great work everyone!!!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

The composition was so good on all of these, you'd never guess the subject matter was random! Loved the lighting on all the renders, and although I picked several of the winners, some of you other folks had my vote as well- it was SO hard to choose!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your votes! Congratulations to all the winners and everyone who had so much fun in this contest. Totte did a great job of putting an interesting twist on this round, with the carry over item. Thank you, Totte, for organizing this each time, and sponsors, for giving us a reward for our efforts, so we can add more stuff to our lists!

I have to say that "Maybe the guy in the middle?" by ChangelingChick was my favorite this round. It is great to see new participants come on so strong. I'm already looking forward to the next round.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,513
    edited December 1969

Wow! Thanks!! I'm glad I was able to make some of y'all laugh :D I had a lot of fun, and I loved all the randomness y'all made into coherence :D

...great job girl!
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited October 2013

Congratulations, everyone! What a great bunch of renders! :)

Looking forward to the next RRRR....

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

congratulations to the winners... I thought the chain was an interesting addition

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Yay!!! Winners!! Congrats on the awesome entries! This was so darn much fun -- I'm always inspired be the fun, awesome creativity here! Winners, PM me what you'd like from my RR store! :D

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners! Sorry this is delayed - I've been trying to post this for the last two days and have only gotten error messages.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

KaribousBoutique was very generous and offered even the second and third place winners an item from the KaribousBoutique Renderosity Store. I picked KB-Frosted and have rendered two images with it already. I highly recommend it for snowy scene backgrounds. Thanks, KaribousBoutique!!!

sledding.jpg
    1690 x 1453 - 2M
    Tori_in_shelter_KB-Frosted_11_snowing.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 2M
  • EinieMeanieEinieMeanie Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Thank you! This was a lot of fun. There were so many cool renders. Such a neat idea. :D