2»

Comments

• soltsolt Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    Very nice!

How long did that take you?

Hi,
    800 x 600 takes 15 minutes to render....

• paulg625paulg625 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

There are a number of Carrara landscapes on this page of my website, many used GeoControl to aid in the terrain work.

http://tutengraphics.com/tblib.php?lib=Recent Works/project images

sorry can't get this link to consolidate

Wow very Impressive I love the landscapes and I feel like I could just jump in the Corvette and drive it away.

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

paulg625 said:
    There are a number of Carrara landscapes on this page of my website, many used GeoControl to aid in the terrain work.

http://tutengraphics.com/tblib.php?lib=Recent Works/project images

sorry can't get this link to consolidate

Wow very Impressive I love the landscapes and I feel like I could just jump in the Corvette and drive it away.

Patrick is a master artist. :)

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

It is a wonder how much can be done with the terrain primitives in the terrain editor. From all of the generators and filters that you can add and switch where they take place in the lineup of how they affect the mesh, to the built-in height map editor, to the ability to export your height map, import your own, perhaps after editing one you've exported - and then mix in more generators and filters on top of that. Then comes the power of those terrain shaders! Yikes it's very impressive and fun to play with!

Yeah, I bought Dartanbeck's "EnvironKit: Underwater realms",

http://www.daz3d.com/carrara-environkit-underwater-realms

and I am witnessing how much can be done with the terrain editor. I plan to use those underwater scenes (minus the water and bubbles of course) for the otherworldly scenes of a sci-fi project I am contemplating. Thank's Dartanbeck. This is a $12 well invested.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the fine compliment! :)

edited October 2013

Hi,
    my last illustration with carrara 8. i consider it like a landscape image, even if it's a fantasy image
    the baot is from "blend swap"
    have a nice day.

Starship.jpeg
    900 x 658 - 170K
    Post edited by solt on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Here's one I did yesterday. It's not that detailed or complicated but I liked the overall feel. It is based on a location not too far from where I live, very peaceful to go there and have a walk around the lake!

CoppicePondFinal.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 469K
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

We are perhaps close, there is the same place not far from my home!
    Hum, it would be astonishing, I live in Belgium…
    Superbly well done, that seems a true photography.

edited December 1969

We are perhaps close, there is the same place not far from my home!
    Hum, it would be astonishing, I live in Belgium…
    Superbly well done, that seems a true photography.

Thanks for the comment - no I don't live in Belgium but Yorkshire, England. I guess that there are lots of similar such lovely lakes!

edited December 1969

solt and PhilW taking us away through the serenity of Carrara!
    Beautiful works, both of you. I am one of the fortunate souls to live in NE Wisconsin along the Lake Michigan on the peninsula. WI is entirely strung with water and natural wildlife. Bird watching and star-gazing bliss! Not to mention a nice walk in the woods. :)

edited December 1969

Here's a WIP contribution of my own. The makings of a village with the beautiful Steam Dragon flying overhead. Faveral's Medieval buildings make for a great village scene. Most everything else is straight from Carrara EnvironKits - Woodlands.

EKW-SteamDragonOverVillage.jpg
    1280 x 1280 - 927K
    edited December 1969

If you look at the larger image (click on it), you can see that most of the village hides behind the tree line across the river.

edited December 1969

Hi, nice render PhilW.

edited December 1969

solt and PhilW taking us away through the serenity of Carrara!
    Beautiful works, both of you. I am one of the fortunate souls to live in NE Wisconsin along the Lake Michigan on the peninsula. WI is entirely strung with water and natural wildlife. Bird watching and star-gazing bliss! Not to mention a nice walk in the woods. :)

helllo Dartanbeck, good WIP...wait to see more...

edited December 1969

Everything done inside Carrara.Modedeling and render . wait for your feedback.

elf_et_licorne.jpeg
    1200 x 856 - 295K
    edited December 1969

Excellent! Right up my alley - I live inside my own imagination, most of the time ;)

I should probably warn you then...
    The tome, the Unicorn, and it's rider are all very magical. Approach with caution.
    Furthermore, with that much magic in such a concentrated area, it may be possible that the landscape take on magical properties, too... if it isn't imbued already. :ahhh:

edited December 1969

Excellent! Right up my alley - I live inside my own imagination, most of the time ;)

I should probably warn you then...
    The tome, the Unicorn, and it's rider are all very magical. Approach with caution.
    Furthermore, with that much magic in such a concentrated area, it may be possible that the landscape take on magical properties, too... if it isn't imbued already. :ahhh:

hello and thank you for your comment, Dartanbeck .
    I wanted to create a contrast between the dark background and the bright foreground scene.
    In any case i have a pleasure to make images with Carrara.

powerful and easy to use
    Hugs

edited December 1969

solt said:

You appear to have quite a talent for modelling if you did all this - very impressive and dramatic!

And thanks for your comment on my earlier image too.

edited November 2013

PhilW said:
    solt said:

You appear to have quite a talent for modelling if you did all this - very impressive and dramatic!

And thanks for your comment on my earlier image too.
    yes i like modeling and rigging in Carara, simple and fast......

carrara_.jpg
    1410 x 965 - 496K
    carrara_2.jpg
    1254 x 995 - 175K
    carrara_3.jpg
    1128 x 828 - 421K
    Post edited by solt on
    edited December 1969

but firt of all i'am a drawing and painter... this help me to make 3d modeling.

warrior.jpg
    716 x 960 - 131K
    edited December 1969

solt said:

yes i like modeling and rigging in Carara, simple and fast......
    ...and Fun too!
    Wow, I love your painting! Just gorgeous!
    Your modeling, too. Very nice work. I haven't done much for modeling for a long time - in favor of just buying all of my stuff that I need. There's so much available that is really nice.
    Well now I've been reawakening my modeling skills all in Carrara and I'm having enormous amounts of fun. This stuff that you make is really nice and very inspiring. The initial feeling that struck me when I saw your screenshots above was "Fun"! Carrara's SubD modeling - or even if you don't use SubD, the ease of switching how the handles behave as I extrude out new faces... just smooth, responsive and intuitive. I'm really loving it.

Thanks for the cool WIP screenshots and that lovely painting. Very nice... Very inspiring!

edited December 1969

solt said:
    but firt of all i'am a drawing and painter... this help me to make 3d modeling.

I like the style - great stuff!