Daz Studio 4.11 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• Torquinox said:
    Torquinox said:

Or it would have been if I had signed up for betas sooner. Looks like nothing to download now. No matter. I'll catch up in a few months, after the dust settles.

The beta remains available - if you aren't seeing it, and have bought it, check your Download Filters in Install Manager - you would need Public Build checked, as well as the options for software and plug-ins that you need for the General Release.

Hi Richard, thanks for your reply. The only public build files I see are goz for daz, ps 3d bridge, and PostgresSQL. I also know there is public beta content 1, which is 1kb; and scene builder for daz beta, which is 1.5k. And actually, it seems like there is only the 1k package, public beta content 1 DS I have the filter items you specified checked. I did that to get hexagon beta a while ago. What do I do next? Do I download and install the tiny file and it does the rest?

There should be an installer for the application. Do you get the installers for the General Release, or do you install that separately anyway?

• Iray will not use the GPU without an up-to-date driver

Okay

, the CPU will work as usual

Okay

(and DS will work aside from Iray, probably including using the GPU for dForce).

is a non-answer: In the first part of the sentence you just said that "Iray will not use the GPU ", which i hoped to mean it will fallback to use CPU instead. What els does "fallback to CPU mean in the mentioned IRAY-thread? Does or does it not have a fallback to cpu? 

Last time i checked

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/87351/do-i-need-a-nvidia-video-card-to-make-good-iray-renders

It say i don't need an nVidia card at all to use iray, i will just loose the higher render speed.

Is that not true anymore?

Yes, I meant it will not use the GPU but it will use the CPU if told to (except or the denoiser, that is GPU-only).

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,402
    Torquinox said:
    Torquinox said:

Or it would have been if I had signed up for betas sooner. Looks like nothing to download now. No matter. I'll catch up in a few months, after the dust settles.

The beta remains available - if you aren't seeing it, and have bought it, check your Download Filters in Install Manager - you would need Public Build checked, as well as the options for software and plug-ins that you need for the General Release.

Hi Richard, thanks for your reply. The only public build files I see are goz for daz, ps 3d bridge, and PostgresSQL. I also know there is public beta content 1, which is 1kb; and scene builder for daz beta, which is 1.5k. And actually, it seems like there is only the 1k package, public beta content 1 DS I have the filter items you specified checked. I did that to get hexagon beta a while ago. What do I do next? Do I download and install the tiny file and it does the rest?

There should be an installer for the application. Do you get the installers for the General Release, or do you install that separately anyway?

I have the installer for the general release in my DIM queue.

• Torquinox said:
    Torquinox said:
    Torquinox said:

OK, that sounds as if you have the right options - though it may be worth double-checking that Public Builds is selected. Have you tried trning on the Show Hidden checkbox?

Torquinox said:
    Torquinox said:
    Torquinox said:

OK, that sounds as if you have the right options - though it may be worth double-checking that Public Builds is selected. Have you tried trning on the Show Hidden checkbox?

Yes. I'm seeing the files. I hid the general release to prevent installing it by accident. The general release came through a couple days ago. The issue for me is, knowing how to install the beta files so that 4.11 does not replace my 4.10 install.

• If they are showing then install them - the beta is kep separate from the release

If they are showing then install them - the beta is kep separate from the release

I'll give it a try. Thanks

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    Kerya said:

Do I get it right that if my Nvidia driver is only 391.35 (Because it's a GTX 560 Ti448, there are no newer drivers) I should definitely stay with DS 4.10?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4622586/#Comment_4622586

If you want to use NVIDIA Iray, yes.

I'm confused.

should there not be a fallback to cpu option for the iray renderer?

I have a GT630M, with  witch a graphics-driver about 380 something (not at my own machine right now, so i cant't check..), thus lower than needed.

Will Studio not run at all?

Will it run, but not be able to use IRAY?

What is meant in the IRAY thread with:

Iray Interactive

• Support for cpu fallback in the render configuration has been added.

And if i'm going to use the new version with cpu-fallback, will the new features be worth it?

i.e. may the new denoiser help me  spare more time than the increased render-time costs?

Note:
    IRAY work "only" under 64bit even with no GPU support
    CPU can render IRay, he just take more time 

for Iray be sure you use 64bit version and not the 32Bit

• Iray will not use the GPU without an up-to-date driver

Okay

, the CPU will work as usual

Okay

(and DS will work aside from Iray, probably including using the GPU for dForce).

is a non-answer: In the first part of the sentence you just said that "Iray will not use the GPU ", which i hoped to mean it will fallback to use CPU instead. What els does "fallback to CPU mean in the mentioned IRAY-thread? Does or does it not have a fallback to cpu? 

Last time i checked

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/87351/do-i-need-a-nvidia-video-card-to-make-good-iray-renders

It say i don't need an nVidia card at all to use iray, i will just loose the higher render speed.

Is that not true anymore?

Yes, I meant it will not use the GPU but it will use the CPU if told to (except or the denoiser, that is GPU-only).

Thanks for clarification. That's what I always thought how IRAY operated.

But in this thread it was stated SEVERAL TIMES that you will not be able to use IRAY at all when your graphic card or driver is too outdated, which is outright wrong.

And noone corrected this, noone specified " .. if you want to use your GPU to speedup IRAY renders, this will not work". The only statements said "no, if you want to have IRAY (at all) you need a proper GPU, you will NOT be able to use IRAY without one". SEVERAL TIMES.

Even when asking explicitly, I first got an answer "and DS will work aside from Iray",   which to me implies it will work except IRAY.

Seems really hard to imagine that people with older cards are willing to use IRAY even without GPU acceleration, even if they are asking for that?

The reactions on this question throughout this thread had been sooo confusing that i have to stress it here clear and loud:

YES, IRAY  will still be able to work in DS in the new release, but without a decent GPU you will not be able to use GPU acceleration.

It is NOT TRUE that you will not be able to use RAY at all. It is WRONG.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,942

I didn't see anyone in the thread who said that you wouldn't be able to render iray without the nvidia graphics cards being used. I see several times people said the nvidia graphics card will not be used if it's on an older driver.

I think the first answer was that it WILL use the GPU for things other than iray rendering, possibly including dforce. (If you are referring to "(and DS will work aside from Iray, probably including using the GPU for dForce)")

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

nonsense if you buy a beefy GPU and not updating drivers when being released.

anyway, great speed with the denoisier, does not look like a finished render but I've seen that fx on Photoshop, great for comic styles IMHO.

great Job Daz team, now the next quest... realtime shaders like XNA Lara does. (well, sort of)
    OH AND wiggle bodies!

• Ghastly1Ghastly1 Posts: 7

Just noticed the same interesting 4.10 to 4.11 change you mentioned. Have you received an explanation from DAZ? I'm also hesitant to upgrade.

inquire said:

I have an interesting situation. I'm presently running DS 4.10.0.123. If I look in the DIM, here's the only things listed as Product Updates: DS 4.11 and Go Z for DS 4.11. In other words, no Default Resources, etc. Maybe that isn't necessary for the Mac version.  Now, here's the really interesting situation: If I look in the DIM for already installed items, I find DS 4.11 and Go Z for DS 4.11. Now, do these really represent DS 4.10 and Go Z for DS 4.10? If so, why were these somehow changed from 4.10 to 4.11? I think I'm going to wait awhile before I try to install 4.11.

• Ghastly1 said:

Just noticed the same interesting 4.10 to 4.11 change you mentioned. Have you received an explanation from DAZ? I'm also hesitant to upgrade.

inquire said:

I have an interesting situation. I'm presently running DS 4.10.0.123. If I look in the DIM, here's the only things listed as Product Updates: DS 4.11 and Go Z for DS 4.11. In other words, no Default Resources, etc. Maybe that isn't necessary for the Mac version.  Now, here's the really interesting situation: If I look in the DIM for already installed items, I find DS 4.11 and Go Z for DS 4.11. Now, do these really represent DS 4.10 and Go Z for DS 4.10? If so, why were these somehow changed from 4.10 to 4.11? I think I'm going to wait awhile before I try to install 4.11.

The name for a product is always shown as set on the daz servers if you are connected, even if it is different from the name that was in effect when installed. If you look while off-line you should see the as-downloaded name (4.10) for the existing files, I believe,

• grahamangrahaman Posts: 1
    edited June 2019

Just used DIM to upgrade to DAZ 4.11. My shortcut icon disappeared from my desktop. All that is in Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 is an application file DAZStudio.exe which opens a wierd verson of DAZ 4.10 as shown Hope this gets fixed REAL soon.

DAZ411.jpg
    925 x 702 - 67K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    grahaman said:

Just used DIM to upgrade to DAZ 4.11. My shortcut icon disappeared from my desktop. All that is in Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 is an application file DAZStudio.exe which opens a wierd verson of DAZ 4.10 as shown Hope this gets fixed REAL soon.

This is what happens when Studio is still running while you install a new version. The fix is to un-install and then re-install.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,942
    I have been having an issue, and wanted to check if others have had a similar experience. I have had it happen enough times in a row now that I don't think it's a one off problem, but I haven't had this happen before. What I'm finding is that, on larger scenes that should still fit on my graphics card, I can render once and it will start to render correctly, but if cancel the render and then render again a minute or two later (usually after making adjustments, but I've tested without changing anything), it will start to process it like it's going to render, but ends with just a black square. I double checked that I have CPU enabled, but it's almost as if it starts out thinking it's going to render on the card, but at the last moment decides it is too large, but instead of switching to CPU it renders a black canvas instead. Sometimes closing studio and restarting a few minutes later will allow me to render (once) again, but sometimes I need to restart my computer entirely to get another chance at one render. Anyone seen anything like this, or have any ideas on how to fix it? I can't work if I can't do test renders without requiring several minutes in between them...
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited June 2019

Never had any problems with DS intstalls until now. 1st like it has been mentioned the jumping cam view in viewport. Second on my i7 GTX 1070 laptop the Nvidia preview looks all pixelated  and unclear as mentioned by malagute00. Rendering works ok. Since there is no real advantage in speed from what I am reading back to 4.10

Here is a tip for someone who may want to try and does not have the 4.10 install file. Create a Win image file you can revert to.

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • ABram47ABram47 Posts: 4

I'm in need of some help.

I opened DAZ Install Manager and noticed an update. Downloaded it, installed. Then I tried launching DAZ and everything is weird. None of my content seems to be there. Please help, what happened to my install folder??

• ColvinColvin Posts: 23
    edited June 2019

I stand corrected.

Post edited by Colvin on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845

I'm in need of some help.

I opened DAZ Install Manager and noticed an update. Downloaded it, installed. Then I tried launching DAZ and everything is weird. None of my content seems to be there. Please help, what happened to my install folder??

What did you install, and was it the first time?

• RSand55RSand55 Posts: 155

Oh man! Seems to be too many initial problems with 4.11.

I think I'll wait and stick with 4.10.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

"The leading edge is often the bleeding edge. If you want to be on the cutting edge, you may get cut."  I don't mean to be sassy or anything. It's happened to me too many times. I now prefer to wait awhile before trying the newest release of something. If I were more tech savy, maybe I'd dive in. Somebody's got to, and I guess we should be thankful to those who try it out and report.

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,437

There are some users reporting that the general release is behaving differently than the beta. Is the 383 beta the same as the 4.11 general release ? Also why the change log reports 4.10 as general release ?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    Padone said:

Is the 383 beta the same as the 4.11 general release ?

Yes.

• Hey everyone! I have ran into a problem with installing Daz Studio 4.11.0.383. Here are my specs:

• Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit version 1803

• 64.0 GB RAM
    • Intel Cor i9-8950HK CPU @2.90GHz
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 and NVIDIA Studio Driver version 430.86, release date 5/27/2019

After installing, and attempting to launch, the program appears to start, then hangs. Nothing shows in any of the winows of the program though. I have no idea what to do. I tried different NVIDIA drivers and nothing seems to work.

Any advice is appreciated. I reached out to support and have not received a response and I have a deadline I need to hit and unfortunately don't have any older versions of Daz Studio to install.

Thanks!

• Hey everyone! I have ran into a problem with installing Daz Studio 4.11.0.383. Here are my specs:

• Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit version 1803

• 64.0 GB RAM
    • Intel Cor i9-8950HK CPU @2.90GHz
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 and NVIDIA Studio Driver version 430.86, release date 5/27/2019

After installing, and attempting to launch, the program appears to start, then hangs. Nothing shows in any of the winows of the program though. I have no idea what to do. I tried different NVIDIA drivers and nothing seems to work.

Any advice is appreciated. I reached out to support and have not received a response and I have a deadline I need to hit and unfortunately don't have any older versions of Daz Studio to install.

Thanks!

So you get the application window, but it's empty?

• Padone said:

There are some users reporting that the general release is behaving differently than the beta. Is the 383 beta the same as the 4.11 general release ? Also why the change log reports 4.10 as general release ?

However, the settings are not shared so that may well account for the differences.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited June 2019

I'm glad I kept a copy of daz 10 . I've been gettinga lot of crashes during saving animation avi . over 1/2 of my video codex's are missing or not reconized by daz any more when saving in avi.

before i could run deforce hair and clothing at the same time and never had a issue. last niight i could not simulate a scene in daz 11 that I ccould in daz 10 . (same scene) for some reason it will get about 1/2 through the sim and poof I get a daz has to close error., and nothing in the log file stating why it had to close.

I am sure glad I keep multi copies of daz. I been getting these errors in daz 11 & not  with daz 10. I just hope the next release addresses some of these. these were the last lines in the log before daz crashed

24 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (10000038-0000-0000-0000-000000000000) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OCO <-> OCO
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (6d8667d1-fb6a-4551-81cd-66c6015d246c) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OCONodeIO <-> OCONodeIO
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (10000049-0000-0000-0000-000000000000) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OptClothShape <-> OptClothShape
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (1000004b-0000-0000-0000-000000000000) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OptClothMesh <-> OptClothMesh
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (19908fe3-9b48-425a-aeff-16f1c3f1646c) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OptClothMeshIO <-> OptClothMeshIO
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (10000039-0000-0000-0000-000000000000) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OCOModifier <-> OCOModifier
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (c3996871-6d16-4568-b454-6d2abc470b1f) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OCOModifierIO <-> OCOModifierIO
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (1000003a-0000-0000-0000-000000000000) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OptiScene <-> OptiScene
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (1000003c-0000-0000-0000-000000000000) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OptClothPaneAction <-> OptClothPaneAction
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (1000003d-0000-0000-0000-000000000000) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OptClothPane <-> OptClothPane
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (1000003e-0000-0000-0000-000000000000) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OptActionProperty <-> OptActionProperty
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (1000003f-0000-0000-0000-000000000000) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OptNodeListProperty <-> OptNodeListProperty
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (10000040-0000-0000-0000-000000000000) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OptActionPropertyWgt <-> OptActionPropertyWgt
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (10000041-0000-0000-0000-000000000000) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OptNodeListPropertyWgt <-> OptNodeListPropertyWgt
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (10000043-0000-0000-0000-000000000000) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OStitch <-> OStitch
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (10000044-0000-0000-0000-000000000000) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OPanel <-> OPanel
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (e6dee31e-aac3-478e-9a3b-2716cb2362b4) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OPanelIO <-> OPanelIO
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (10000047-0000-0000-0000-000000000000) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OptWindNode <-> OptWindNode
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (6091f5ba-49e7-4eb4-8d37-87dc4da01a23) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OptWindNodeIO <-> OptWindNodeIO
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (1000004a-0000-0000-0000-000000000000) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OptStyleCategory <-> OptStyleCategory
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (97d05151-15c0-40d1-b051-d35cb256c3ff) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OptFreezeAction <-> OptFreezeAction
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (254e1d7f-7013-4c60-b527-b633c8fa8c4f) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OptClothSimulationData <-> OptClothSimulationData
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (e6b66092-d320-4ffc-8aa9-9aa09920fe5e) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OptClothSimDataIO <-> OptClothSimDataIO
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (f08383a0-2bb3-4cc2-b46c-853128876162) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OptClothNodeData <-> OptClothNodeData
    2019-06-21 12:26:36.624 WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(824): Duplicate GUID (6e2acdd0-4e6b-4665-ad5c-8ac9fa24314a) passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory(): OptClothNodeDataIO <-> OptClothNodeDataIO

2019-06-21 12:26:37.554 WARNING: QString::arg: Argument missing: Adds vertices that collide at the beginning of the simulation to the selected mesh vertices, dForce

Post edited by Ivy on
  • They really need to test this stuff before they release it to the public.

I tried the beta previously, but it didn't recognize any of my content, so I axed it and went back to 4.10. Upgraded through DIM and all is fine - on my old computer.

But I just migrated to a new machine, moved over the installers, installed along with 4.11, set directories and everything, and while things appear to be in content library, Smart Content is completely blank, and it won't connect to the DAZ store from within the app.

Very frustrating. I'm next trying to copy over all the files and setting from my old machine in hopes that it actually detects things properly. What was I thinking that installing things from the DIM installers might actually work correctly.

And to be clear, this has taken the better part of the day, and so far no resolution.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

They really need to test this stuff before they release it to the public.

I tried the beta previously, but it didn't recognize any of my content, so I axed it and went back to 4.10. Upgraded through DIM and all is fine - on my old computer.

But I just migrated to a new machine, moved over the installers, installed along with 4.11, set directories and everything, and while things appear to be in content library, Smart Content is completely blank, and it won't connect to the DAZ store from within the app.

Very frustrating. I'm next trying to copy over all the files and setting from my old machine in hopes that it actually detects things properly. What was I thinking that installing things from the DIM installers might actually work correctly.

And to be clear, this has taken the better part of the day, and so far no resolution.

Did you remember to install PostgreSQL CMS on your new computer? It is needed for Smart Content. You can install it from DIM.