Daz Studio 4.11 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    RAMWolff said:
    barbult said:
    RAMWolff said:

May have found a bug.  The D-Formers are not working.  When I apply a new one to any object and select the Field node there is nothing displaying.  When selecting the Base or the main node that actually does the deformations nothing happens.  I've tried this on hair, a figure and a hat... nada!  Kinda need this to make some hair go under the hat.  I thought I had a product that would do that but I can't find it in my Library so not sure where something like that would be installed.... 

I haven't tried in 4.11, but there used to be an issue with applying dformers to any object that had been moved from the world center. The dformer would be created, but would not be located in the place you expected it to be.  The dformer field was off someplace else and didn't intersect with the vertices you were trying to deform. Could that be your issue?

Not sure yet.  I was leaving for work shortly after I posted.  So not had a chance to see if I was in error... as Richard states it's working for him but like I said, I tried it on various items and FOR ME it wasn't working!  

I think my statement about "world center" might not be quite accurate. It might be that the deformer has to be applied while the object is in the position and pose that it loads by default. I wish I could remember the details, but it has been a long long time since I read that forum posting. I think I'll experiment a little.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

OK, I did an experiment with G8F. Moving her to a new location didn't seem to cause a dformer problem. Posing her did cause a dformer problem.

In this test:

• Two dformers were added to G8F.
    • The dformer fields were moved and scaled.
    • The dformer base was moved to the center of the dformer field. 
    • The D-Formers were scaled.

You can see that the influence dots are no longer collocated with the dformer field when G8F is posed (right shoulder bend). The influence dots seem to adhere to the body part that would have been inside the dformer field if she was NOT posed. This makes it very difficult to adjust the dformer on a posed character.

dformer problem on posed character.JPG
    1528 x 1728 - 135K
  • The dForm works on the base shape of the mesh, so if you pose the figure the location of the field that affects the mesh may be offset from the location of the bone. Using a weight map is one way to work around this, since there you are telling the dForm to affect specific vertices - and the weight map brush does have sphere based modes that are not unlike working with the field.

barbult said:

OK, I did an experiment with G8F. Moving her to a new location didn't seem to cause a dformer problem. Posing her did cause a dformer problem.

In this test:

• Two dformers were added to G8F.
    • The dformer fields were moved and scaled.
    • The dformer base was moved to the center of the dformer field. 
    • The D-Formers were scaled.

You can see that the influence dots are no longer collocated with the dformer field when G8F is posed (right shoulder bend). The influence dots seem to adhere to the body part that would have been inside the dformer field if she was NOT posed. This makes it very difficult to adjust the dformer on a posed character.

• bootbabebootbabe Posts: 7

Just due the update to 4.11, it was sitting in my downloads. So thought i should be safe.

No.

Now when i do a iray render everything starts of fine, a few seconds go's by, the render starts and i just get the render box turn black and the render ends.

Can render in 3delight, but its not much chop.

• Have you got a current driver from nVidia?

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,094

Which Preferences did you try to save?

I've never had before any problem to save the changed preferences, I'm not sure is it important, which changes I did.

I want to change the "Temp-Folder", DSONcach-Folder, and the startup options

The Y:/Temp folder ... is that on a network drive?

I once again made the comparison of DS 4.10 and 4.11.
    DS 4.11 can not be started as Admin (see pic). If I start DS 4.11 as a normal user, changed settings (preferences)  will not be saved.
    Now it's going crazy.
    If I start DS 4.10 as a normal user, then I can not save any changed preferences. If I start DS 4.10 as Admin, then everything works without problems (see picture with changed DSON-folder).

Both versions work in exactly the opposite way.

I wonder if this is true for Macintosh users. Does anyone know?

I'd like to know which versions of the Macintosh OS DS 4.11 was tried on as the development team wrote it. In other words, does it run on Sierra, on High Sierra, on Yosemite? Which Macintosh version should not be used? I'm running 10.12.6 Sierra: is that OK?

edited June 2019

I have an interesting situation. I'm presently running DS 4.10.0.123. If I look in the DIM, here's the only things listed as Product Updates: DS 4.11 and Go Z for DS 4.11. In other words, no Default Resources, etc. Maybe that isn't necessary for the Mac version.  Now, here's the really interesting situation: If I look in the DIM for already installed items, I find DS 4.11 and Go Z for DS 4.11. Now, do these really represent DS 4.10 and Go Z for DS 4.10? If so, why were these somehow changed from 4.10 to 4.11? I think I'm going to wait awhile before I try to install 4.11.

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 1.09.21 PM.png
    368 x 26 - 21K
    Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 1.10.04 PM.png
    627 x 88 - 20K
    Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 1.11.21 PM.png
    688 x 188 - 43K
    Post edited by inquire on
  • AalaAala Posts: 140

Hey guys, before I update, is 4.11 Iray still as slow as it was in the beta compared to 4.10?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,211

Some say it's faster, some say it's slower, some say it doesn't work at all, so save a copy of 4.10 and any plugins specifically related to DAZ Studio 4.10 in case you have to go back. There must be at least a dozen threads from users wanting to revert.

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 237

About how long should it take to install?  I never install with DIM, I always manually install all content and such.  The installer has been stuck on "Installing Conent Management Service" for almost a half hour now.

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556
    edited June 2019

Welp, now Geographs aren't working. Geneisi 8 Females'... um, anatomical bits are just getting pated on top of the existing geometry rather than replacing it. Can't upload a picture, due to the subject matter. This is going to put put a serious crimp in my style.

Post edited by rrward on
    edited June 2019
    rrward said:

Welp, now Geographs aren't working. Geneisi 8 Females'... um, anatomical bits are just getting pated on top of the existing geometry rather than replacing it. Can't upload a picture, due to the subject matter. This is going to put put a serious crimp in my style.

Well, spank me blue and call me Sally. It's working again. I wonder if this is another of those "move the camera" issues that Studio has.

Post edited by rrward on
  • dyretdyret Posts: 182

Mac Lion. Studio 4.11 Unexpected error crash on startup:  Symbol not found: ___sincos_stret. Any thoughts? Thanx

• TomCatOliverTomCatOliver Posts: 195
    edited June 2019
    Aala said:

Hey guys, before I update, is 4.11 Iray still as slow as it was in the beta compared to 4.10?

Yes. And you get lots of lovely fireflies in your images too...

If you want to try it out, but haven't got a copy of the 4.10 installer as a safety net, then just install the latest version of the beta alongside your copy of 4.10. The latest beta and the general release are the same version: 4.11.0.383.

Post edited by TomCatOliver on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited June 2019
    Aala said:

If you want to try it out, but haven't got a copy of the 4.10 installer as a safety net, then just install the latest version of the beta alongside your copy of 4.10. The latest beta and the general release are the same version: 4.11.0.383.

This is what I did. I have both running together just now. Studio 4.11 Beta is rendering a big render that took 

2019-06-14 14:57:30.220 Total Rendering Time: 2 days 46 minutes 33.72 seconds, 36% done in Studio 4.10, and is already at 2 days and 19 hours and only 28% done :) Meanwhile I have done two renders in Studio 4.10 at the same time :)

Post edited by Fishtales on
  • rrward said:
    rrward said:

Well, spank me blue and call me Sally. It's working again. I wonder if this is another of those "move the camera" issues that Studio has.

Did you have one of the rigging/editing tools active?

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382

This never showed up in DIM, I had to manually install it from my product library. So far I don't notice any difference.

rrward said:
    rrward said:

Not sure. I'll check next time. (Still don't really know my way around Studio yet.)

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

I can only render new dForce hair (Eddie) with OptiX turned on (get blank box without) and then it drops to CPU on the General Release and Beta before renders. Everything else renders on GPU including dForce Classic Long Hair.

Here's my testing -

GeForce GTX 980M
    Nvidia driver 430.86 (latest)

Daz Studio 4.11 General Release
    [OptiX Prime unticked, CPU unticked, GPU ticked]
    Load character (Theo)
    Render - sends it to GPU, renders
    Add dforce hair (Eddie), no Sim
    Render - sends to GPU - Blank box
    Render again - sends to GPU - Blank box

[OptiX Prime ticked, CPU unticked, GPU ticked]
    Load character (Theo)
    Render - sends it to GPU - renders
    Render - sends to GPU - drops to CPU - renders
    Replace dforce Eddie Hair with Leon Hair
    Renders to GPU

Daz Studio 4.11 Beta
    [OptiX Prime ticked, CPU unticked, GPU ticked]
    Load character (Theo)
    Render - sends it to GPU - renders
    Render - sends to GPU - drops to CPU - renders
    Replace dforce Eddie Hair with Leon Hair
    Renders to GPU

It wont let me upload a cutdown logs as attacments but the problem seems to be

2019-06-17 18:41:34.458 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.2   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 980M): Allocated 759.164 MiB of work space (899k active samples in 0.072s)
    2019-06-17 18:41:34.458 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(302): Iray ERROR - module:category(POST:RENDER):   1.0   POST   rend error: A CUDA error occurred: unknown error
    2019-06-17 18:41:34.458 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(302): Iray ERROR - module:category(POST:RENDER):   1.0   POST   rend error: Exception during postprocessing: unknown error
    2019-06-17 18:41:34.458 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(302): Iray ERROR - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend error: Internal error in postprocessing pipeline.
    2019-06-17 18:41:34.458 Iray Render error: Internal rendering error.
    2019-06-17 18:41:34.567 Iray VERBOSE - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Transaction closed, stopping renderer.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    rrward said:

Geometry tool will affect how all geocrafts look.

• Reading through, it seems to be different results for different folks. I have an ancient 730 GT card, and it would actually assist in 4.10, but now that I'm in 4.11, it drops to only CPU (i5 6400) as it did earlier in beta. Now there's a ton less fireflies for me in 4.11 compared to 4.10, but the renders are taking longer without as much assist from my end of life outdated card. indecision

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,515
    Aala said:

That sounds like a very good plan!

Or it would have been if I had signed up for betas sooner. Looks like nothing to download now. No matter. I'll catch up in a few months, after the dust settles.

• Torquinox said:

Or it would have been if I had signed up for betas sooner. Looks like nothing to download now. No matter. I'll catch up in a few months, after the dust settles.

The beta remains available - if you aren't seeing it, and have bought it, check your Download Filters in Install Manager - you would need Public Build checked, as well as the options for software and plug-ins that you need for the General Release.

• Kerya said:

Do I get it right that if my Nvidia driver is only 391.35 (Because it's a GTX 560 Ti448, there are no newer drivers) I should definitely stay with DS 4.10?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4622586/#Comment_4622586

If you want to use NVIDIA Iray, yes.

I'm confused.

should there not be a fallback to cpu option for the iray renderer?

I have a GT630M, with  witch a graphics-driver about 380 something (not at my own machine right now, so i cant't check..), thus lower than needed.

Will Studio not run at all?

Will it run, but not be able to use IRAY?

What is meant in the IRAY thread with:

Iray Interactive

• Support for cpu fallback in the render configuration has been added.

And if i'm going to use the new version with cpu-fallback, will the new features be worth it?

i.e. may the new denoiser help me  spare more time than the increased render-time costs?

• Iray will not use the GPU without an up-to-date driver, the CPU will work as usual (and DS will work aside from Iray, probably including using the GPU for dForce).

• Iray will not use the GPU without an up-to-date driver

Okay

, the CPU will work as usual

Okay

(and DS will work aside from Iray, probably including using the GPU for dForce).

is a non-answer: In the first part of the sentence you just said that "Iray will not use the GPU ", which i hoped to mean it will fallback to use CPU instead. What els does "fallback to CPU mean in the mentioned IRAY-thread? Does or does it not have a fallback to cpu? 

Last time i checked

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/87351/do-i-need-a-nvidia-video-card-to-make-good-iray-renders

It say i don't need an nVidia card at all to use iray, i will just loose the higher render speed.

Is that not true anymore?

edited June 2019
    Torquinox said:

The beta remains available - if you aren't seeing it, and have bought it, check your Download Filters in Install Manager - you would need Public Build checked, as well as the options for software and plug-ins that you need for the General Release.

Hi Richard, thanks for your reply. The only public build files I see are goz for daz, ps 3d bridge, and PostgresSQL. I also know there is public beta content 1, which is 1kb; and scene builder for daz beta, which is 1.5k. And actually, it seems like there is only the 1k package, public beta content 1 DS I have the filter items you specified checked. I did that to get hexagon beta a while ago. What do I do next? Do I download and install the tiny file and it does the rest?

Post edited by Torquinox on
    rrward said:
    rrward said:
    rrward said:

Not sure. I'll check next time. (Still don't really know my way around Studio yet.)

Looks like I had the Geometry Editor active at the time. So, yeah, that "issue" is resolved.