Daz Studio 4.11 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    NorthOf45 said:
    Spit said:
    Spit said:

Well, for me 4.11 isn't faster. It isn't at all. It dropped me to CPU.

I checked nVidia for my gtx1080 and the latest driver is 430.86 which just came out a few days ago. Checked older drivers as well and the latest previous driver is only 391.xx dated march of 2018. I assume I have the OEM version of that one which is also dated March 2018.

So I should update driver with the 430.86 one at nVidia.

There's a catch though. Dell doesn't have it yet and claims my PC is up to date.

I'm set up with Intel running graphics and the 1080 left alone for other uses. I'm afraid installing the driver from nVidia would mess that up (anyone know?) and I don't know how to fix it if it does. I need all my 8gigs (-MS reserve) for iRay.

Oh, since the split, which driver would I use? Gaming or Studio?

If it is a standalone graphics card, i.e. not onboard, then I would download and install the NVIDIA driver. The driver will check your system upon installation for compatability. If it doesn't work, then you could always download the OEM driver to revert back to your current version. As for running Intel graphics, hopefully someone can help you out on that.

Gaming or Studio? That depends on what you mainly use the card for. I'm using the Studio driver (GTX 1080Ti) and it is working for me.

Thanks for the response.

I do have a standalone card so I guess I can try to update the driver.

or not.

Not happy about the situation. This machine is only a few months old, the drivers barely a year old, and I'm locked out of iray. And if it's slower than before, well, what's the point. How many others did this affect. You guys know how to check for drivers (just look at the log) and DIM gives no warning. I haven't been following along and wasn't beta testing. I'm not the only one and was taken by total surprise.

Anyway I'll sleep on it. Either wait for Dell, install the driver and hope, or revert to 4.10.

Year-old drivers? That's an eternity in NVIDIA development. Dell might think that they are up-to-date for their specs, but Studio is way past them. The notes for 4.11 release say a minimum version of 481.18 is required, which came out a few months ago. Now they're up to 430.86.

No matter. It seems Dell does put the drivers on their website after testing them a bit but don't necessarily force them on the user through updates unless there's a problem fixed or whatever for the user's specific card. I dropped them a note and got a response in a matter of minutes. Seriously. So I went ahead and updated to 430.86. No problems. and everything is working now.

The image I rendered yesterday (CPU) took ten minutes to 95%, tonite it took only two to 100%. And they're identical.

All's well that ends well.

• amyw12amyw12 Posts: 63

What is new in DAZ 4.11 compared to 4.10, can anyone link me to a page if there is one about it. Thanks

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    amyw12 said:

What is new in DAZ 4.11 compared to 4.10, can anyone link me to a page if there is one about it. Thanks

The very first message in this thread has a link to highlights, as well as a lot of other valuable information.

• AnimAnim Posts: 241

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/330101

Scroll down to get the history of 4.11 changes.

But it is not a comparison table for 4.10 and 4.11

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 593

Found two bugs and submitted report

1/ using node selector and cube view controls, translate will not drag right

2/ using the keyboard button to go from keyboard to alphabetical hunt, my entire content library disappeared and nothing I did brought it back. I had done a system restore point before the installation of DS4.11, default resources and dforce essentials so have reverted back to 4.10 and everything is back to where it should be.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited June 2019

Can i run Daz 4.11 with my Nvidia GTX 980Ti or do i need a newer one?

When instaling 4.11 over 4.10 ist all the content automatically there for use or must all to be re-downloaded/re-installed?

Thanks.

I've used 4.11 beta on a 980ti to render with a 970 driving the monitors. Works in release of 4.11 too. Just make sure you have a suitable driver installed. I'm using 430.39, although there are later versions available, I've just not tried them as "if it aint broke, leave the hell alone." :D

... And it doesn't seem to be broke.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,588
    edited June 2019

I don't understand why DAZ won't let us use the previous version? Is it a loss of revenue for them? Is there a licensing issue? Or is it taking up too much room on their servers? New, Daz studio versions have always been quirky so, I don't install the new version until I've seen what kind of mess it causes for other people. For Mac users I would not install new versions until I heard from other mac users that it was not nuking their system!  I would like to say, Thanks for the update DAZ I really do appreciate it. Oh, and I'm not being sarcastic. I really do like upgrades. I hope DAZ changes it's policy to let users install one interation back so that they can keep using this great software. Sorry, about your problems Colvin. In the past, I used to made copies of my studio installer files and kept a copy. Now I just save content and wait for awhile before upgrading studio. I would save up some money and check craigslist and see about getting a cheap pc and using 3dl as a render engine for now. There is a script in freebies section that will convert iray to 3DL. I use 3DL alot because, I do alot of night and space scenes and daz studio Iray hates dark scenes, Consequently, I do the background render in 3DL and do Iray for closeups of main actors and of course blend them in photoshop.  As always I say look on the bright side:

>>>You won't be spending money that you can't afford for a while<<<

Post edited by Silver Dolphin on
  • Mimi_64034Mimi_64034 Posts: 79

At first thanks to update to 4.11 but....

After update from 4.10 to 4.11 via DIM it was looking fin. I started version X86 a windows opened to put in your login data, all ok up to now. Thaught it must be for first start after update.
    I started than the version 64bit and got the first failure see attached screen shot.

Ok I changes the start option to start NOT as Admin, why ever it was activated, I don't know.

Start DS 64bit again, voila it works fine. Again windows for loging in to DS accont. Some tests are also OK, up to now...

Checking preferences and did some little changes, start again, no changes in preferences saved.
    What ever I do or try, nothing changed preferences are saved in both versions in 64bit as well as in X86.

I think it has also to do with the access permissions for files or folder.
    All folder for DS, install folder and the user folder has the access permissions for the active user.

Does anyone of you have an idea where I can still looking for to solve this problem?

Screenshot - 15.06.2019 , 11_34_45.png
    359 x 128 - 16K
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,909

After update from 4.10 to 4.11 via DIM it was looking fin. I started version X86 a windows opened to put in your login data, all ok up to now. Thaught it must be for first start after update.
    I started than the version 64bit and got the first failure see attached screen shot.

Ok I changes the start option to start NOT as Admin, why ever it was activated, I don't know.

Start DS 64bit again, voila it works fine. Again windows for loging in to DS accont. Some tests are also OK, up to now...

Checking preferences and did some little changes, start again, no changes in preferences saved.
    What ever I do or try, nothing changed preferences are saved in both versions in 64bit as well as in X86.

All folder for DS, install folder and the user folder has the access permissions for the active user.

Does anyone of you have an idea where I can still looking for to solve this problem?

What is your OS (Operating Sysytem) and where is DS installed?

What is your OS (Operating Sysytem) and where is DS installed?

OS Windows 10 and installed in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D and X86 C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D

Which Preferences did you try to save?

I've never had before any problem to save the changed preferences, I'm not sure is it important, which changes I did.

I want to change the "Temp-Folder", DSONcach-Folder, and the startup options

Screenshot - 15.06.2019 , 16_06_29.png
    401 x 240 - 12K
    Screenshot - 15.06.2019 , 16_07_25.png
    404 x 151 - 9K
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    vwrangler said:

I begin to understand why this version seemed to be in beta for an unusually long period. I've filed tickets on the two issues I mentioned upthread, although I don't expect to hear much for a bit. I would imagine that tech support is getting slammed with various issue, as is normal with a new release.

I'm about to file a couple. Love the new hairs but noticed an issue, and potentially another. Not interested in returning as they are great if not fixed. They'll need to be fixed to encourage me to buy others; unless, of course, the fault lies with my understanding.

I've never had before any problem to save the changed preferences, I'm not sure is it important, which changes I did.

The Y:/Temp folder ... is that on a network drive?

No it isn't it is a local HDD, BTW I already tried to change the folders to the original settings, like on C:\ but it didn't help.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

May have found a bug.  The D-Formers are not working.  When I apply a new one to any object and select the Field node there is nothing displaying.  When selecting the Base or the main node that actually does the deformations nothing happens.  I've tried this on hair, a figure and a hat... nada!  Kinda need this to make some hair go under the hat.  I thought I had a product that would do that but I can't find it in my Library so not sure where something like that would be installed.... 

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    dawnblade said:
    Didn't know there was a separate Studio driver!

The name's a bit misleading; it isn't "a graphics driver for DAZ|Studio", it's "a graphics driver for design studio work" — suitable for 3D programs such as 3DSMAX, MODO, LightWave, maybe Blender, and yes, DAZ|Studio. I should be able to afford a computer upgrade in the next couple of months, so I'll find out then what it's like.

FWIW, the difference with previous NVidia driver versions is that they included lots of bells and whistles specifically for gamers, optimising for a big list of games. Half of my updating time was usually working out which bits of the driver installers were actually needed, and which bits I could safely toss out.

If you are using VR on your PC or any 3d vision interactive software you will also need the game driver, the gaming driver also has implementation updates for VR app where the studio version doesn't  but if you just doing Daz  you don't need all the gaming components unless your using it to create VR or using a gaming engine like unreal4 

• TC3ComicsTC3Comics Posts: 1

My PS Bridge not working with this update.... all it does is load a blank white image when I go from daz to PS...blank image

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097
    empty said:
    Tourist said:

Has anyone tried it on a Mac yet?

I've always had problems with changes to Daz and I'm not tech savy at all (half the conversations here might as well be in Martian).

Looks like I'm gonna have to wait to download 4.11.

I'm with you on this one.  I did try out the release just before the general and I found it very unstable on my Mac (and it's an iMac on steriods and rarely, if ever, suffers software crashes). Think I will wait for awhile before migrating over as 4.10 is working beautifully on my system and I'm not so enamoured by the new features enough to change just yet - but it will be inevitable. Don't get me wrong, I'm not adverse to change, but I don't think I have the patience or tolerance for constant crashes and instability for the time being. 

I'm running OS 10.12.6, Sierra on my Mac. Did anyone try running DS 4.11 on Sierra? Does it run on Sierra, High Sierra, or what?

Totte said:
    Tourist said:

Has anyone tried it on a Mac yet?

I've always had problems with changes to Daz and I'm not tech savy at all (half the conversations here might as well be in Martian).

Looks like I'm gonna have to wait to download 4.11.

I've been running the public betas on OS X 10.13 for a while, not running 10.14 though as 10.14 demands hight performance AMD cards and other stupidities, and it works well. 
    Love to play with the much better "Garibaldi Hair Upgrade" ;-)
    The only issues, and they are not related to Mac version specifically, is the issues with content in the old .daz format, but that has been an issue for a while, better to load the poser versions of those, cr2 / pp2 and reshade those.

By any chance, do you know if it runs on OS X 10.12.6?

edited June 2019
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

I must be missing something ... downloaded (and installed) 4.11, finally found the dForce Starter essentials in DIm and downloaderd and installed. Bought some of the dFrce/Strand based hair and whilst it shows uo in preview pane it is invisible in a render. I coudl searcg in the forums but life is too short to try and find anythign useful, so .. help! I know I saw somethign which made me go and look for the dForce Starter Eseentiasl update, but is teher also something needed for the starnd-based hair to work?  If so, what and where?

Did you also update the Default Resources?

I updated everything I coudl find that was flagged as new in DIM, but do not recall there being a 'Default Resources' (from memory it was: DS itslef, DCC, Measurement metrics, and hidden away the dForce Starte Essentials)).

But strangely, now I have looked at strand-baded hair it is starting to render ... colour me confused!  Back to try the Big Cat 2 stuff to see if that has decided to work now ...

Where is Default Resources? It doesn't show up in my DIM. Just DS 4.11 and Go Z for DS. Those are both included under "Product Updates." But this is the Mac Version. Would it not be listed for the Mac version, but maybe included in the DS 4.11 download? I tried searching in DIM for "Default Resources": nothing turned up.

Post edited by inquire on
  • My PS Bridge not working with this update.... all it does is load a blank white image when I go from daz to PS...blank image

Did you install the updated £D Bridge, with Photoshop and DS closed?

• RAMWolff said:

May have found a bug.  The D-Formers are not working.  When I apply a new one to any object and select the Field node there is nothing displaying.  When selecting the Base or the main node that actually does the deformations nothing happens.  I've tried this on hair, a figure and a hat... nada!  Kinda need this to make some hair go under the hat.  I thought I had a product that would do that but I can't find it in my Library so not sure where something like that would be installed.... 

Works for me, testing on a sphere primitive

dForm 4.11.jpg
    1044 x 741 - 89K
    Colvin said:

Thanks NorthOf45 but unless I can reinstall 4.10 I'm screwed. I have an old machine that is upgraded to the max spec (OS Yosemite, GPU Nvidia 8800 gt 512mb) Won't be able to except new driver 418.81. I was just squeaking by on what I had with 4.10. Thanks for the help : ) Just wish I had a heads up on what would happen before I clicked upgrade. I won't be doing anymore rendering unless I win the lottery.

You're using Yosemite with an Nvidia card? So do you have an Hackintosh?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    RAMWolff said:

I haven't tried in 4.11, but there used to be an issue with applying dformers to any object that had been moved from the world center. The dformer would be created, but would not be located in the place you expected it to be.  The dformer field was off someplace else and didn't intersect with the vertices you were trying to deform. Could that be your issue?

I once again made the comparison of DS 4.10 and 4.11.
    DS 4.11 can not be started as Admin (see pic). If I start DS 4.11 as a normal user, changed settings (preferences)  will not be saved.
    Now it's going crazy.
    If I start DS 4.10 as a normal user, then I can not save any changed preferences. If I start DS 4.10 as Admin, then everything works without problems (see picture with changed DSON-folder).

Both versions work in exactly the opposite way.

Screenshot - 15.06.2019 , 23_52_39.png
    415 x 268 - 9K
    Screenshot - 15.06.2019 , 23_50_05.png
    518 x 239 - 13K
  • skinklizzardskinklizzard Posts: 218

Are the driver requirements higher for using the denoiser than what is listed here? Or is something else going on for me? On larger scenes that can still fit on my card with denoiser off, it seems to be going straight to CPU or having some sort of failure. I'm on driver version 425.31. I can get the denoiser to work on very simple scenes (loading a single object and hitting render).

*hmm, it's honestly very hit and miss for me right now if it will use my Nvidia card, with or without the denoiser. Anyone else on driver 425 and either having issues, or not having any? Any troubleshooting steps if it's working for others?

Driver requirements are not higher as far as I can tell, but it does increase vram requirements, it creates additional render surfaces in card memory to then post process denoise them, then switch back to
    rendering and repeat each number of iterations. On my end a scene using 75% of my gtx 970's 4 gigs will jump to anywhere between 85% - 96% depending on the image size being rendered when denoising kicks in.

try to minimise anything else using video memory before you click for an actual render with the denoiser on, I keep a hardware monitor open on a second screen so I can watch Vram usage, I also downloaded and
    am running nvidias cuda memory thing so I can see whats running on the card.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,961
    I went back to an older version of the driver (419) and it seems to be working now... So far at least.
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited June 2019

My 2 cents if anyone is interest.

Tonight has been the first time I have had a chance to play with daz 4.11 using it in a animation test , the Install was painless and all my plugins still appear to be working. I was happy about that actually daz has a habit of breaking things during upgrades.

I have to say thank you daz to who ever fixed the IK issue when the universal tool was active . I notice right away I did not have to repair jumps created during sequencing. I can not tell you how great that is and how annoying it was having to use key-mate every time to fix that little hop. .. BIG thank you. 

2nd was I also notice when during complex pose to pose keyframe animation in the past in 4.10 sometimes there would be a collapse or wrap in some of the characters I used joint locations mostly around the collars and shoulder areas they would be come flatten or twisted. .  thank you for fixing that because before all I could do is hide it at best. that changes made a huge difference in animating confroming clothes.

BUT!!!   Now the Butt right..lol...

I had to work out some issues with PostgreSQL CMS during install because it kept asking for a directory location once i changed that that manually the error seems to be gone now .

I had to manually reset my external libraries , no biggy but I still had to reset those.a well

Rendering Iray so far appears to have really no appreciative improvements in the render speed even after driver updates and using my Iray animation render technique.. at least not what i had expected with all the hype,  But I'll work with it a little more maybe i need to get use some of the changes.

I had to re-add the Aux view port and reload my work space layout & my style settings as well,  I was glad i saved that stuff before i updated because those changes did not carry over during the upgrade. I thought you want to know that.

Other than those few minor things.  everything appears to in place now and running fine,  I have not rtired any complex deforce clothing and hair in animations yet that will be next. But seriously thank you guys so much for fixing those annoying little ik issues with the characters deforming.

one last thing can we please get a upgrade to the animate2 timeline.. I know,I know  complain, complain.  Thanks again.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    barbult said:
    RAMWolff said:

I haven't tried in 4.11, but there used to be an issue with applying dformers to any object that had been moved from the world center. The dformer would be created, but would not be located in the place you expected it to be.  The dformer field was off someplace else and didn't intersect with the vertices you were trying to deform. Could that be your issue?

Not sure yet.  I was leaving for work shortly after I posted.  So not had a chance to see if I was in error... as Richard states it's working for him but like I said, I tried it on various items and FOR ME it wasn't working!