Dog8 Strand based hair Freebie

EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 414
edited June 2019 in Freebies

Here is my custom Strand Based Hair for Dog8.

You are free to modify this and use it in your commercial renders, with credit.

Post edited by Eboshijaana on

Comments

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Thanks!

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275

can't wait to get home and check this out - Thanks

• thanks a lot

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited June 2019

Thank you for sharing this, it works great

Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 414

Thank you for sharing this, it works great

I tried to share my Hamster SBH preset and it didn't seem to work.  I posted is my German Shepherd SBH preset at https://mega.nz/#!OLJ01CoI!Y-edo-u0ItTu_tVNadjAFsfPKLLqputsAwI19PIej34

Does it work for you? 

It works, but I do have a few things I think you could do better with. 1. You didn't provide the textures with the file. Unless those textures are absolutely needed, I'd just have the file be zeroed in terms of unneeded textures. 2. Same with the shaping. If people don't have it, it just results in error messages. 3. The figure with the fur visible is very heavy, I get this is due to having them visible in the preview, but it makes setting up the scene harder.

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited June 2019
    It works, but I do have a few things I think you could do better with. 1. You didn't provide the textures with the file. Unless those textures are absolutely needed, I'd just have the file be zeroed in terms of unneeded textures. 2. Same with the shaping. If people don't have it, it just results in error messages. 3. The figure with the fur visible is very heavy, I get this is due to having them visible in the preview, but it makes setting up the scene harder.

Thanks for the feedback,

It didn't dawn on me until I posted it that my German Shepherd SBH isn't probably the best one to share because of all the custom stuff in it. It required the "Warg HD for Daz Dog 8" base and I made a custom coat materials for their textures.  I was going to try to share my custom Dog 8 SBH presets that I made for all the breeds, but they probably will have the same limitations because they use the breed morphs and the textures that come with the breed base.

Thanks for testing it, I mainly wanted to see if I could share an SBH preset. I'll keep your tips in mind if I decided to share another more generic SBH preset.

Post edited by Joepingleton on