Easy face generator?

odasteinodastein Posts: 606

I'm curious about the "easy face generator" on sale today : https://www.daz3d.com/ej-easy-face-generator-for-genesis-8-females

I'm unclear about the differences/advantages with existing face morphing assets. Does anybody knows or understands?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• yinliang9yinliang9 Posts: 40
    edited June 2019

For one thing, it does it automatically. Click the button and you get a randomly generated shape, as opposed to having to tediously decide which morphs you'll use and fiddle with sliders. What I'm not clear on, however... is how it differs from SimTenero's Randomizer product. If I'm reading it correctly, Easy Face Generator actually generates morphs on the fly, not tied (and thus not limited) to anything in your morph library, whereas Randomizer selects random morphs from among those you own.

It seems... kind of crazy for my theory to be correct, but not impossible. If that is indeed how it works, I'm definitely buying this thing.

Post edited by yinliang9 on
  • yinliang9yinliang9 Posts: 40

I'm REALLY interested, but I need to know just how wild the results can get. I worry they'll be a little too constrained to prevent crazy results (Sims 4 without slider caps, for example...) and the results will end up looking a bit samey in practice. If anyone who's bought this happens to see this here post, some caps of a handful of results at max settings would be greatly appreicated! (I'd also like to know if it does indeed generate things completely from scratch, or if it draws upon morphs in your library. Really intrigued by this product, I tell you!)

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Please do not make duplicate threads on the same topic. If you want a thread moved to another folder, you can ask us to do this for you.

• odasteinodastein Posts: 606
    edited June 2019

Please do not make duplicate threads on the same topic. If you want a thread moved to another folder, you can ask us to do this for you.

Huh? I didn't make a duplicate thread. I only opened this one....Maybe someone else opened a thread on the same topic elsewhere, but I didn't see it. 

Post edited by odastein on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

I apologize, you're right. The icons confused me. But since they're similar topics, better for there to be one place for the info. Sorry again.

• ZaiZai Posts: 289

So..is this a merchant resource like the some of the other products? A lot of their other ones seem to be. 

• Moved to Technical Help as it is a question about an existing product rather than a Product Suggestion.

• dougjdougj Posts: 92
    edited June 2019

It would be nice if there were more examples of the "generated faces". Only one picture doesn't really show it's capebility.

Post edited by dougj on
  • dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

I am also curious about the liscense on this.  Is this a merchant resource, or are we allowed to only use characters created with it for personal use? 

• EmmaAndJordiEmmaAndJordi Posts: 952

Hi guys! :) We replied this in another thread but we paste it here too:

The Face Generator includes 2 ways of use:

- the icons that change a part of the face (eyes, nose, etc), and also an icon that changes the full face: when you use the icons, the changes in the face will be subtle. They are for making slight changes that usually will give beautiful features, not extreme ones. Sometimes we saw random face programs but they sometimes give ugly or monstruous results, so one year ago we started developing this program to get something really useful to get smooth and beautiful faces of people that you can find on the street. Also so you can create them by parts.

- the other way is using the icon that says "! Custom", the Custom Generator. This is much more powerful. You can do subtle faces, but also more extreme faces. You can control how stronger the changes will be, and how complex.

The product includes a pdf file that explains how it works. We attach it here so you can read it.

The Custom Generator is not a random program:

- It is divided in areas: for example you have a character whose eyes you don't want. You can change their eyes independently.

- You can set 4 parameters for each zone (eyes, mouth, etc) that control how strong will be the major and detail features, and how much complex.

- It is an artificial intelligence program that takes the parameters you enter, and creates a face with them, acording to some internal rules.

So it is only random in the way of creating different things each time, but it is controlled by you, and by the program itself.

Hope this helps, guys! :)

pdf
    pdf
    manual.pdf

The other doubt: it is not a merchant resource.

When it is a merchant resource, we say it in the description clearly. If it doesn't say, it's not.

It is for personal use, but of course if you make a render, animation, or similar, and you use it, you can sell it commercially of course. It is not for making characters and selling them.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

When it is a merchant resource, we say it in the description clearly. If it doesn't say, it's not.

It is for personal use, but of course if you make a render, animation, or similar, and you use it, you can sell it commercially of course. It is not for making characters and selling them.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.  This is a very interesting product, but being a merchant resource would have made it an instant purchase for me.  I'm still most likely going to get it though, as it does look like it'll be a lot of fun to play with.

dragotx said:

Thank you for clearing that up for me.  This is a very interesting product, but being a merchant resource would have made it an instant purchase for me.  I'm still most likely going to get it though, as it does look like it'll be a lot of fun to play with.

Yes it's really fun. And it doesn't need to be very inspired, you can run it and get lots of ideas.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Looks neat.  This would be a great item to have an accompanying video for.

• gsil247gsil247 Posts: 221

Actually I'd like to see some examples of what the product can do and not just whats on the marketing page. I to am curious about the product, but need to see more results. 

Guys in this other thread they are posting many examples:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/332681/ej-easy-face-generator/p2

• odasteinodastein Posts: 606

It was instructive. I might acquire this product...