Pictures not showing

cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Hello Site Admin!

I'm using Firefox, and several pictures on your site don't show up - at all. Same for the product pages. Older ones show pictures, newer ones mostly not. Reloading does nothing. Clearing cache does nothing.

Had that for weeks now. Several hours pictures don't show up, during nighttime they re-appear, only to go away again next day.

Tell you something. It's no fun buying things in a store which doesn't show me it's products. If that continues, well, nothing forces me to buy here ...

Comments

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

I'm using Firefox (latest version - due to the certificate/plugin issue last week) and they are all showing fine for me. Haven't had any issues you have been experiencing.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

everything is alright showing for me, have you any trouble with other sites as well?

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Verifying I can see the images in Firefox on Mac.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409
    edited May 2019

No trouble with other sites. This is ongoing since that new picture format appeared on DAZ. Maybe the new format is the reason. But Firefox can and does show the new picture format, just can't save them on my PC, so I'm at a loss, what's happening.

Was so before the Firefox Update, is so now, after the Firefox Update.

Post edited by cherpenbeck on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,081

No trouble with other sites. This is ongoing since that new picture format appeared on DAZ. Maybe the new format is the reason. But Firefox can and does show the new picture format, just can't save them on my PC, so I'm at a loss, what's happening.

Was so before the Firefox Update, is so now, after the Firefox Update.

They're jpegs. Do they show if you rightclick on the broken image icon, and open in new tab?

Right click aolways shows that there should be jpgs. But nothing.

BTW, now the pictures are showing.

Update: Now, even in DAZ Emails there aren't any pictures showing.

I still use Firefox, not happy with the google browsers, google already knows more than enough about me.

dazmail.jpg
    977 x 588 - 70K
  • KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210

Update: Now, even in DAZ Emails there aren't any pictures showing.

I still use Firefox, not happy with the google browsers, google already knows more than enough about me.

This has been an ongoing issue. It seems to be different for every user, depending on your browser, OS, plugins installed, whether your belly button is an "innie" or "outie", and whether your microwave currently has an even or odd number on the display. cheeky There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for why some people have trouble and others don't.

Try typing about:config in the Firefox address bar, click past the warning, search for webp. See if image.webp.enabled is set to true or false. Try changing it and see if that helps. If not, change it back. That's all I can offer.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308
    edited June 2019
    Kitsumo said:

This has been an ongoing issue. It seems to be different for every user, depending on your browser, OS, plugins installed, whether your belly button is an "innie" or "outie", and whether your microwave currently has an even or odd number on the display. cheeky There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for why some people have trouble and others don't.

Try typing about:config in the Firefox address bar, click past the warning, search for webp. See if image.webp.enabled is set to true or false. Try changing it and see if that helps. If not, change it back. That's all I can offer.

Hey Kitsumo, thank you for this!  It has been working for me for a while now.

Post edited by Gogger on