"My Runway" - Competition Closed/Free Upgrade to DressShop 2.0 announced (Commercial)

Comments

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

This am watched the videos and came up with this, gotta say I see lots of potential with this program and a little bit of imagination you should be able to create quite a variety of clothes.

renfer.jpg
    934 x 1664 - 217K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

1st try bombed.

Watched video. Good idea.

2nd try. Okay this was easy - has issues but certainly is a quick starter.

[pardon the Deltan look and no lights, this is off my laptop]

fastrender.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 910K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

And then a brainwave struck [duck] ...

It's a beautiful starter mesh ... so I took it via Hexagon and redid the uvmap so there would be no stretch on the sides ... and that's how I know that this is a beautiful starter mesh. It was 'easy'.

One light ... no hair [Deltan look] {and I hope the colour is okay 'cause my laptop's card ain't the best]

rediduvmap2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 892K
    rediduvmap.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 884K
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

haven't been able to watch the video yet as my internet speeds have been at a crawl, yesterday I watched it bounce around 457 bytes/sec up to 30kbps and just finally turned it off

in the meantime I created another garment using daz studio primitives and the genesis figure to form the bodysuit mesh, the stars and moons are freebie items I used to accessorize the garment

|:| Halloween Clown Suit |:|

clown.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 123K
  • KalisxKalisx Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Here is the result of somes simple cuts made with Dress Shop.
    Not suitable in the fall :-):-)

G1_DressShop_blue.jpg
    1200 x 1552 - 211K
    edited October 2013

ok, I had to make an image with my outfit and thought that I would share it

|:| Fortune Teller |:|

cat.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 173K
    Post edited by zawarkal on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,609
    edited December 1969

Sounds fun! I will try to do an entry.

• hawkonthewinghawkonthewing Posts: 136
    edited December 1969

So this is an original, trying out the Dress Shop. I'm not entirely sure if you can get deep ruffles, I tried and ended up with something entirely different, any suggestions?

Runway_entry_1.jpg
    800 x 640 - 114K
  • info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
    edited December 1969

So this is an original, trying out the Dress Shop. I'm not entirely sure if you can get deep ruffles, I tried and ended up with something entirely different, any suggestions?

Guys and Gals,
    lot's of good stuff. It deserves some more good news:
    1. DressShop 2.0 is coming soon - totally free upgrade for ALL DressShop 1.0 users!
    2. Folding/pleating is added, as well as runway module and pattern library.
    3. About 30 genuine DAZ accessories added to libraries - FREE

In a week or two we'll be lookig for beta testers for DressShop 2.0!
    Laslo

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,609
    edited December 1969

Guys and Gals,
    1. DressShop 2.0 is coming soon - totally free upgrade for ALL DressShop 1.0 users!

Laslo

I would like to beta test :cheese:

edited October 2013

This am watched the videos and came up with this, gotta say I see lots of potential with this program and a little bit of imagination you should be able to create quite a variety of clothes.

Heather, completely love your designs! PLEASE keep them coming!
    Laslo

renfer.jpg
    934 x 1664 - 217K
    Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Guys and Gals,

Laslo

great news !

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

I was hoping to show some designs but got a bit stuck when my harddrive failed and I'm working on setting up on a new computer harddrive after getting my machine back from the shop. (also down with pneumonia again and working a bit more slowly than usual) Love seeing everyone's pics....want to see a lot more. Think outside the box! Feel free to send things to Daz, tweak, send back, tweak, etc! combine with primitives! smoothing!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I was hoping to show some designs but got a bit stuck when my harddrive failed and I'm working on setting up on a new computer harddrive after getting my machine back from the shop. (also down with pneumonia again and working a bit more slowly than usual) Love seeing everyone's pics....want to see a lot more. Think outside the box! Feel free to send things to Daz, tweak, send back, tweak, etc! combine with primitives! smoothing!

hope you are better soon .

edited December 1969

I hope you get well soon! DressShop 2.0 needs your input and enthusiasm!
    Laslo

edited December 1969

I would like to beta test if you are taking names now.

I do have a question. I am trying to add a belt buckle out of the accessories menu, it lets me grab it and drag it over, but it crashes when I try to drop it. It is not doing this with the ribbon (I used that in my last entry). Any thoughts?

Thank you.

edited December 1969

I would like to beta test if you are taking names now.

I do have a question. I am trying to add a belt buckle out of the accessories menu, it lets me grab it and drag it over, but it crashes when I try to drop it. It is not doing this with the ribbon (I used that in my last entry). Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Sure, I added you to the list. In regard to your question: we prefer to answer tech support questions directly. Pls. email to [email protected] - this way we can properly investigate and answer.

edited December 1969

I'd love to beta test version 2 as well, have tomorrow off so going to see what else I can create.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I don't mind testing it for you.

edited December 1969

Here are two more. My anime ideas would have required the ruffles, so I'll hold off on those. These are originals.

Runway_3.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 272K
    runway_2.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 278K
    edited October 2013

Great dresses!

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited October 2013

I saw what you posted Laslo and has been removed. How rude of you.

Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited December 1969

had time to tonight for another creation.

Also have a question, is it possible to have a grid background instead of the black background in the program, it would make it easier to line up cuts when you are not using the mirror function?

runway1r.jpg
    1129 x 1643 - 188K
    edited December 1969

another one,

dressloose1aa.jpg
    522 x 1484 - 66K
    edited December 1969

had time to tonight for another creation.

Also have a question, is it possible to have a grid background instead of the black background in the program, it would make it easier to line up cuts when you are not using the mirror function?

Interesting suggestion. Let me research for 2.0.
    Thanks for the great work you have put into the competition!
    Laslo

edited December 1969

lol well I spent most of my day playing with the program, this is my last one for now, gotta get some work done

layers.jpg
    1013 x 1809 - 127K
  • VisioneerVisioneer Posts: 158
    edited December 1969

Hey Laslo, are you looking for people to just test the program, or suggest features, or identify what works or doesn't work?

• VisioneerVisioneer Posts: 158
    edited December 1969

lol well I spent most of my day playing with the program, this is my last one for now, gotta get some work done

Ah! Your outfit looks a lot like what my entry is going to be! >_<<br /> Lol. Looks good.

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:

ROFLMAO!! I cannot believe it. I just threw this image together quickly because I wanted to use my new outfit. I wasn't even going to post the image at my main gallery posting site. Just for kicks I did go ahead and post it at Runtime DNA because of their Disturbia Gallery challenge. And, they actually picked the image!! SO.... Thank You very much for hosting this contest!!!

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    Zawarkal said:

ROFLMAO!! I cannot believe it. I just threw this image together quickly because I wanted to use my new outfit. I wasn't even going to post the image at my main gallery posting site. Just for kicks I did go ahead and post it at Runtime DNA because of their Disturbia Gallery challenge. And, they actually picked the image!! SO.... Thank You very much for hosting this contest!!!

Hi!
    Was there an image to go with this post?