can't load texture

alisa53alisa53 Posts: 157

Hi - I'm working with the Dragon Lady outfit at present.  I own the outfit and the separate textures.  I find that I cannot apply the texture to the dress.  I can change the jacket and shoes, but when I apply to the dress I get an error message.  The log file reads: "Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_material" type; no root(s) found."  Anybody know a fix?

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited May 2019

If you look closely at the icon for the texture, you'll see H.Material in the upper right corner. The H stands for Hierarchical, and it means you need to select the the object the item is parented to. In this case, the object will be the figure wearing the Dragon Lady outfit. One caveat is, the H.Materials are specific about what object. The Dragon Lady Outfit is for G8F, so if you put it on a G3F, you'll still get an error.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • alisa53alisa53 Posts: 157
    L'Adair said:

If you look closely at the icon for the texture, you'll see H.Material in the upper right corner. The H stands for Hierarchical, and it means you need to select the the object the item is parented to. In this case, the object will be the figure wearing the Dragon Lady outfit. One caveat is, the H.Materials are specific about what object. The Dragon Lady Outfit is for G8F, so if you put it on a G3F, you'll still get an error.

Thanks so much.  That's probably just what I need.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

@alisa53, You're welcome. smiley