No one asked me - Diomede screenshots on whatever - Warning AI Discussion OK

Comments

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited May 2019

Carrara is limited to one joint weight per vertex per joint.  This includes all directions of joint bend affecting that vertex  Some other programs allow separate weighting on the selected vertex for each direction of rotation of a joint.  One solution is a morph to be used when the weightmap yields an unwanted result.  For the Carrara-rigging version of my male and female claymation figures, I created a blank morph for each joint. Can make adjustments as necessary. The ERC plugin should allow a person to make a true joint correction morph in each direction of rotation but I have not done so yet.

http://fenric.com/wordpress/product-help-and-tips/carrara-enhanced-remote-control/

I've also rigged a version of the male claymation using.Daz Studio rigging, which allows more control.  It works fine in Carrara. To me, no different than using figures like the millenial dog and cat that were rigged i Poser's old system and work fine in Carrara.  Here is a screenshot of the claymation female rigged in Carrara.  A few of the joint morphs can be seen at the top of the list (neck, sternum)

ff01 morphs for joints.JPG
    1092 x 829 - 151K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited May 2019

Here is the raw rigging of the Claymation male for Carrara and Studio.  Both are posed and rendered in Carrara.

This screenshot does not include any adjustments for weightpainting or JCMs.

In this raw version, I think Carrara rigging is superior.  However, Studio rigging can be better because of better tools to adjust weight painting and better control of JCMs and ability to use the transfer utility for clothing accssories.

edited March 2021

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,187

Very cool stuff going on here - as always! :)

edited March 2021

edited March 2021

edited March 2021

Fantastic!  Did you use the new plugin?  or the softbody physics?

edited March 2021

Selinita said:

I don't know what plugin you could be referring to - if you're talking to me???

These fluffy creations are an implementation of Carrara's native hair only and a delve into the hairshader to get a more beautiful look. There's no softbody physics just good ol' fashioned; bones, morphs and keyframed animation.

OK - it appeared that the cylinder was bulging and stretching appropriately with the jump.  Very nice.  And the hair tests look great.

edited March 2021

edited May 2019

Fantastic! 

+1, or as many plusses as I can add!

Selinita said:

I just want to squeeze it, cuddly it, rub my hands all over it - laugh

Yeah, me too! Hell, I want to plant my face in it! :)

Selinita said:

Don't you just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Carrara?

I really, Really do!

Selinita said:

There's no softbody physics just good ol' fashioned; bones, morphs and keyframed animation.

That's the way I work too. I can't wait to get a computer so I can show off some stuff too! ;) Of course, folks around here are probably tired of seeing my Dartanbeck and Rosie shots, but it's what I'm into so.... 

These are old, Old, OLD!

ThruCoreVan_AGF.gif
    297 x 171 - 5M
    DR_BackHug.gif
    596 x 647 - 7M
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited May 2019

Hmnpf. These gifs always used to work. Oh well. Maybe it's just my internet. If they aren't animating, let me know and I'll delete them.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786

I thought it was a paint roller that bends for those curved cornices yes

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited May 2019

Hmnpf. These gifs always used to work. Oh well. Maybe it's just my internet. If they aren't animating, let me know and I'll delete them.

Need to be embedded from somewhere they work like my sigline on DA

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

They've changed quite a bit since then, while still remaining pretty much the same - just with more capablilities for me and my way of anmating them, and their shaders, etc.,

I have a lot of fun animating textures on things. How is it you put that? Oh yeah, Don't you just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Carrara?  Yes. I really Do!!!

edited May 2019

Yet another venture into custom toon/claymation figures.  Here is the modeling process for a 3-fingered base male.  Not quite finished.  For example, I need to add the eyes.  No UVMapping yet.  I have 3DCoat now.  I may try to UVMap it in 3DCoat.  3DCoat can also do retopology, and sculpt on a denser mesh then bake normal/diplacement maps on the low res mesh.  I don't think I'm quite up t the advanced baking yet.  But, I do think this a good start on the edge flow for the eyes, mouth, rib cage, etc.

aa modeling toons 01.JPG
    1251 x 781 - 197K
    aa modeling toons 02.JPG
    886 x 813 - 93K
    aa modeling toons 03.JPG
    795 x 765 - 73K
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,615

Yet another venture into custom toon/claymation figures.  Here is the modeling process for a 3-fingered base male.  Not quite finished.  For example, I need to add the eyes.  No UVMapping yet.  I have 3DCoat now.  I may try to UVMap it in 3DCoat.  3DCoat can also do retopology, and sculpt on a denser mesh then bake normal/diplacement maps on the low res mesh.  I don't think I'm quite up t the advanced baking yet.  But, I do think this a good start on the edge flow for the eyes, mouth, rib cage, etc.

Hello Diomede, have you come across any good tutes for starting out in 3DCoat?, I have it as well and am starting to learn it next week.

New toons are to replace these.

Hello Diomede, have you come across any good tutes for starting out in 3DCoat?, I have it as well and am starting to learn it next week.

There are quite a few free 3DCoat videos available.  I just started watching them with more conviction (same with Substance Painter).  So far, none are as good as PhilW's for Carrara, IMHO.  However, I'll put together a list of the ones I thought were most helpful.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,615

There are quite a few free 3DCoat videos available.  I just started watching them with more conviction (same with Substance Painter).  So far, none are as good as PhilW's for Carrara, IMHO.  However, I'll put together a list of the ones I thought were most helpful.

Thanks. I bought the Creating in 3 Dimensions with 3D-Coat https://www.daz3d.com/creating-in-3-dimensions-with-3d-coat

Hope it's useful, will start watching them tomorrow, will let you know if they are up to PhilW standard.

edited March 2021

edited May 2019

Can I borrow your 3D Printer?

Here are a couple more details.  I am modeling a toon mouth and eyes, and airtight so can be 3D printed.

I hid the back of the head.

Selected the interior loop of the mouth to extend it.

Extruded some molar teeth.

Extruded a tongue

Closed the back of the mouth.

In assembly room, inserted a sphere for one eye.

Selected the interior edge loop for the eye socket.

Extruded and closed the eye socket.

Tested a morph for adjusting the eyelids to fit the eyes.

bb01 select back of head.JPG
    1088 x 674 - 70K
    bb02 hide selection.JPG
    1423 x 769 - 106K
    bb03 extend mouth inward.JPG
    1323 x 790 - 120K
    bb04 teeth.JPG
    1411 x 833 - 129K
    bb05 Tongue.JPG
    1430 x 761 - 125K
    bb06 close back of mouth.JPG
    1417 x 701 - 115K
    bb07 insert sphere for eye.JPG
    1301 x 824 - 102K
    bb08 select inside eye socket.JPG
    1224 x 716 - 113K
    bb09 close eyesocket.JPG
    971 x 818 - 90K
    bb10 reveal hidden verteces and body shell 3d printable.JPG
    1537 x 781 - 144K
    bb11 head with sphere eyes.JPG
    1185 x 774 - 97K
    edited May 2019

Slight adjustment to face mesh.  There is a triangle now, but I like the general edge flow better.  

bb12 adjust face mesh.JPG
    1059 x 829 - 94K
    edited May 2019

Oh no!    I forgot a toe!

The figure is supposed to have a thumb and three fingers on each hand, and a big te and three little toes on each foot.  I just noticed that I forgot a toe.  Thank goodness I noticed before making a bunch of body mophs.  At least this is a relatively easy fix.

Edit:  Toes Corrected

bb13 oh no i forgot a toe.JPG
    856 x 751 - 73K
    bb14 toes corrected.JPG
    916 x 806 - 85K
    edited May 2019

Test Render with Quick Shaders plus Hair and Eyebrows

cc01 test render hair and eyebrows.jpg
    583 x 700 - 18K
  • DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234

Fantastic work - looking great!

Selinita said:

I bought the Creating in 3 Dimensions with 3D-Coat https://www.daz3d.com/creating-in-3-dimensions-with-3d-coat

Hope it's useful, will start watching them tomorrow, will let you know if they are up to PhilW standard.

I had heard these are for a very old version 3.?? so didn't bother as people were complaining - so I'd be interested to hear what you think as well. smiley

Here is a youtube tutorial playlist for 3DCoat that I had started going through.  Don't know if it is outdated.  Says 2016, so I guess it could be.  I've only just begun, and I'm not watching in order.  I've only watched the interface, retopology and uvmap videos.  I follow the guy pretty well, but haven't tried it myself yet.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL17Z03Lf1lyKZsHLvg27ZP0kzVR_mvLpX

Fantastic work - looking great!

Thanks a lot.  I really apprciate encouragement.  Shout out if you have any ideas for improvement.  I always admire your figures.  I have a "rigging in Daz Studio" tutorial by SickleYield, so may rig this figure in both Carrara and Daz Studio like I did for the previous clayation dude.  Some pluses for each.