Hair causing artifacts to show up on the face

CarlCGCarlCG Posts: 114

The red artifacts on his forehead and cheek appear when using this hair (Matthew Hair for G8 Males). I've tried deleting and reloading the hair but the problem still exists. Rendering without the hair everything looks fine (no artifacts showing up). Do I need to adjust the hair's forehead depth, head size or something similar? And what adjustment could remove the bright red spot on the cheek?

Comments

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

Hi, I think we already met each other :D

It happens to me all the time! I generally fix it in Photoshop, it's pretty quick.

The problem is that the hair cap interferes with the forehead. Even if you make the cap transparent, it will stay that way.

You can modify "Forehead Slope" if you have that morph, and that should fix the issue

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775

You sometimes get artifacts like that in Iray when the character is a long way from (0,0,0). If you parent everything else in the scene to him, including the camera, and then set his x,y,z position to 0,0,0 it might fix it.

• CarlCGCarlCG Posts: 114
    LenioTG said:

Hi, I think we already met each other :D

It happens to me all the time! I generally fix it in Photoshop, it's pretty quick.

The problem is that the hair cap interferes with the forehead. Even if you make the cap transparent, it will stay that way.

You can modify "Forehead Slope" if you have that morph, and that should fix the issue

Hello again :)... I've used postwork to fix smaller haircap glitches but the way this one is i think would be really tricky to not be noticeable (at least for my photoshop skills). The shot is close up, and the artifacts are really large, and cross over large veins so removing them would leave areas that look off. I'm sure it's doable, just not sure I have the skills yet to pull it off, but maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks for your reply I appreciate it.

• CarlCGCarlCG Posts: 114

You sometimes get artifacts like that in Iray when the character is a long way from (0,0,0). If you parent everything else in the scene to him, including the camera, and then set his x,y,z position to 0,0,0 it might fix it.

This must be what's causing it, he's quite far from (0,0,0). There's also a large environment in the scene (that I hid for the moment) that's why he's so far from center. I'll try parenting everything including the environment parts to him and then zero his position...hopefully should work. Thanks very much.

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

Another great tip from you :D

Yes, being far away from the center of the axis gives some problems.
    I usually select everything, then Parameters->All and then you can move everything together.
    But sometimes something jumps!