Save/merge morphs to figure?

corycubbagecorycubbage Posts: 10

I'm relatively new to Daz still, so this may be a crazy question but I need some help on a general direction forward. 

I have a figure with a lot of morphs applied to her and the clothing, so much so that the save file for her and the clothes are 60MB which is more than 5x all other figures in the scene.  It takes a ridiculously long time to load this one figure and I'm trying to figure out a way to simply it and speed it up.  Is there a way to take all of the morphs currently applied to her and merge them in permanently and export/import the character back so that this is a "fresh" character? Would that reduce the file size and load time?  Now that I have all of these morphs applied I don't need to change them anymore and I can use that as a "base" for this figure?

Is this sort of thing possible?

Thanks!

Post edited by corycubbage on

Comments

• eyet33theyet33th Posts: 112
    edited May 2019

i'm still learning DAZ myself but i believe the basic procedure is to export the character (JUST the character, not eyelashes or clothes etc etc) as an OBJ. then load a fresh figure, and use Morph Loader Pro to import the OBJ as a new morph.

Post edited by eyet33th on
  • LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,116

You can Save As -> Shaping Preset

Then select the figure, Merge and you pick the saved file

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,218
    eyet33th said:

i'm still learning DAZ myself but i believe the basic procedure is to export the character (JUST the character, not eyelashes or clothes etc etc) as an OBJ. then load a fresh figure, and use Morph Loader Pro to import the OBJ as a new morph.

This is a bad idea as it breaks any linkages to other properties, for example to make sure that the eye closing morphs work or that the fingers bend without deforming. It is also not permissible if you want to share the result with others (as a shape, renders are OK).