Is there a way to copy rendered image directly to clipboard?

I find myself doing simple character renders, testing camera positioning, lighting and certain materials in order to get a very precise look.  Up until now, I've been doing the following:

1) Set environment backdrop to a solid color, likely not to appear in the model - like blinding bright pink

2) Render image

3) Alt+Printscreen

4) Go into Image Editor of Chocie, Paste As New Image.

5) Crop the image to exclude the rest of the Render Window.

6) Promote background to layer.

7) Magic Wand the blinding bright-pink, press 'Delete'.

Were there a button or shortcut that could immediately copy the rendered image to the clipboard, that would do away with steps 1, 3, 5, 6 and 7.  It'd also help in cases where the Render Window uses a scrollbar, for those rare times I want to go all the way up to 1024x1024! (I don't do really high-quality stuff).

Anyway, I could just have my test render folder open, and constantly launch the same image after every single render, but that's a few extra steps that make the workflow *feel* cumbersome, regardless of if it there's only a 5-10 second difference between this, and having the ability to copy directly to the clipboard.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834

Why not render without a background and save as tiff or png?

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421

harrcj101

you don't need to print screen ,,
    every render picture is created in the dedicated "TEMP" 
    by default: C:/Users/yourname/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp

- you can found the path via "F2" preference 

the render in temp folder is more compatible resolution with your actual scene

• It might sound a little crazy, but there's method to my madness.  I'm not a 3D artist, so when I do lots of renders, it's largely for comparison purposes.  I'm trying to 'reverse-engineer' a very specific-looking style, which requires lots of tweaking of lighting and surfaces.  I have to be able to see a good before-and-after snapshot to know if the subtle changes are an improvement, and I may do hundreds of these a day.  The tip about the temp render directory proved to be invaluable, but it also makes me feel like I've been slowly committing murder to my SSD. Switched the path to an external drive to be extra safe.

IIRC, Poser had a pretty good way of showing you a before-and-after comparison. You could use a slider to switch between the previous and current render, to immediately see the difference.  Don't know if Daz Studio has a feature like that, but if it did, it would be a real time-saver for what I'm doing.  It might only take around 10-15 seconds to close and re-open r.png in Paintshop Pro, cut and then paste as a new layer on comparison - but then multiply that by 100 or so, and you'll get the idea.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

If you're willing to do some up front work, ManFriday's Render Queue might help some.

Basically you would need to save multiple copies of your scene file, then use the Render Queue to process each one, automatically saving the file to a different name. Then you could just open the entire output folder as a set of layers.

Depending on what you're trying to adjust, there could be other ways to accomplish your goal as well, but I'd need to know what changes you're making between test renders.