Nvidia Creator Ready VS Gamer Ready driver

Is there really a point? I render and I also play on that same rig, so where does that take me? O_o

Comments

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

I tried the creator driver when it came out and it made no difference in render times. I stuck with the game driver since I do game as well.

Further optimization might make a difference but I've not heard of such.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited May 2019

"the top creative applications"

That's the key to Creator Ready drivers, I believe. They seem to contain optimizations for a select group of highend graphics applications. If you aren't using one or more of those, you probably won't see any benefit (Autodesk Arnold, Unreal Engine 4.22, REDCINE-X PRO, Adobe Lightroom, and Substance Designer by Adobe).

Post edited by SixDs on
  • LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,116

@RayDAnt 's tests showed that there were no advantages for Daz so far!

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562
    SixDs said:

"the top creative applications"

That's the key to Creator Ready drivers, I believe. They seem to contain optimizations for a select group of highend graphics applications. If you aren't using one or more of those, you probably won't see any benefit (Autodesk Arnold, Unreal Engine 4.22, REDCINE-X PRO, Adobe Lightroom, and Substance Designer by Adobe).

Shouldn't Iray be in the list? lol

- Greg

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,437
    edited May 2019

I use the creator ready since I'm not playing too much with the pc. I guess the game ready will have more optimizations for games, while the creator ready could be more optimized and stable for rendering that's what I need.

For example it seems I have no issues with Optix when using the creator ready. While with game drivers I had issues.

Post edited by Padone on