Can't save file from Daz 4.10.0.123

I have a new MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.14.4 and Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB. I installed Daz studio 4.10.0.123 pro and data. I can load a figure from Smart Content and any thing from the Content libary fine but can't save or open a file! When I try to save/open a scene Daz just freezes. Is ther a setting I need to change? My other applications can save and open files ok 

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,721

How are you saving? From the file menu or from the Content Library pane or something else.

• OldminerOldminer Posts: 134

I have tryed saving from both as well as opening, as soon as I select save or save as or open from the file menu the program freezes all rhe sub commands under the menu bar headings are grayed out as well as all the icon in the view window as un-responsive. I tried saving when closing a scene and  it still freezes. Import or export cause the same.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,721

So this before any attempt has been made to access the destination folder?

Yes, anything which would be an operation outside Daz it's self fails even trying ti add a runtime to the poser formats.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,498

How long does it Freeze? Do you get the "Process not handling events cursor also known as the beachball or the spinning pizza of death"?
    If you start Activity Monitor and then select DAZ Studio in list of running Applications and then select [from the Cog menu in the window toolbar SpinDump and print the result to PDF and attach the PDF to a post here I might be able to see what is happening.

I get the beachball for a short time then every thing freezes. Attached is the SpinDump pdf, I'm not sure if captured Daz after the freeze. When Daz is selected in the Activity Monitor Daz can see the document file when I try a "Save" Daz reports the save failed. Daz is unfrozen while AM is active but I still can't save a scene.

pdf
    pdf
    Spindump.pdf
    1M
    edited May 2019

Looking at the spindump my first guess is that you have an Iray Preview render going (I see calls to Iray renderer from this thread:

Thread 0x4f034            
    1000 samples (1-1000)     
    priority 31 (base 31)     
    cpu time 0.013s (27.4M cycles, 5.2M instructions, 5.26c/i)

It might just be that Iray eat up all CPU and available RAM while rendering so you don't get any left for handling the save. Can you try to set the viewport i OpenGL mode before saving easiest way is either select Texture Shaded from the feedback menu in the viewport or hit Command-9 and wait until the viewport is switched to OpenGL Textured and not Iray preview.

Post edited by Totte on

I have tried numerous ways to solve my save/open/import/export freezing problem. I think I have had a corrupt install.

I am going to remove (uninstall) Daz and reinstall from a new download. Are there any Daz files that I will need to delete manually so I have a clean system for the install?

I don't think it can be a corrupt install, hw do you save? You do the normal Command-SS or select save from the file menu? Not complicating things by using your own hotkeys or anything?

The uninstall and reinstall solved the problems, I totall cleaned the system of all Daz files and reinstalled via DIM, everything works fine.

Oldminer said:

The uninstall and reinstall solved the problems, I totall cleaned the system of all Daz files and reinstalled via DIM, everything works fine.

Good!

But a little confused, maybe the install had failed someway, whcih sounds a little strange, but great it works.