New Users Contest *October 2013* ►►► WIP THREAD ◄◄◄

Comments

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
    edited October 2013

Thanks Standfast, and thanks Kismet for your earleir comment too :)

I like that little detail with her hand too :) was a funny thing to work out, since the Fiend is SOOO much bigger than the gen2fem. Originally I had thought of placing her hand on his arm.. but, well.. with him being so much bigger that idea got scratched *smiles* I also really like the look of the face on the vendor in that stall *grins*

Post edited by Carola O on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

The vendor's entire body language is great. I like the new camera shot. Really focuses my attention on the main characters without losing the other elements.

Nice work on all the shaders.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

The vendor's entire body language is great. I like the new camera shot. Really focuses my attention on the main characters without losing the other elements.

Nice work on all the shaders.

I have to agree on that, the vendor is really a perfect background detail that makes the whole image take off.

edited December 1969

Here is my 2nd attempt for this month's contest.

Applied my own shaders to DAZ Horse 2, Griffin Wings for DAZ Horse. Added a free texture and bump map to the primitive I used as the base.

This is still a WIP. Any comments are appreciated.

ONUC_TWO_27.jpg
    800 x 640 - 252K
    edited December 1969

Hello.

For contest: MyLoves

New texture for Corset and Panty from After School.
    Original Black on Aiko.
    My red texture on Gen 2

I am not the greatest at composition but I am wondering if a different format, possibly a square, would put the focus on your figures.

edited December 1969

I like that unicorn of yours Kismet :) only thing I would personally like to add, is to make a very soft light that shows off the back hooves. As it is now those hooves mostly disapear in the wood :)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Did some changes, pulled in a new camera and changed the angle, so I could go a little bit closer and show a hint of the details on some of the things, without losing the sense of something happening (or so I hope :) )

I've used my own shaders on all items in this scene with the exception of skins and hairs on the figures, the jeans on the fiend, the belt on her skirt and the ground.

Love knows no Boundaries

Thoughts of the girl: I am tired to hear people say I should find a new boyfriend, I just don't understand what they have against this man of mine. He might not look the best but he is the best I've ever met. He has a heart big as a ocean and that is what is important to me.

The posing is fantastic and I think most of the shader work is very good too. There are two things that are bugging me a little about the shaders, but it might just be me (and feel free to disregard). One, personally I'd go with a different look for either the woman's shirt or skirt... Two, the panels of the stalls, the ones with the large squares. I'm not sure why I don't like that--maybe it's just a little too bright or obtrusive... The rest I think are great.
    edited December 1969

Here is my 2nd attempt for this month's contest.

Applied my own shaders to DAZ Horse 2, Griffin Wings for DAZ Horse. Added a free texture and bump map to the primitive I used as the base.

This is still a WIP. Any comments are appreciated.

The horse and wings look very good! I'd like a little more light, particularly some light falling on the ground and the horizontal surface of the base.
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Did some changes, pulled in a new camera and changed the angle, so I could go a little bit closer and show a hint of the details on some of the things, without losing the sense of something happening (or so I hope :) )

I've used my own shaders on all items in this scene with the exception of skins and hairs on the figures, the jeans on the fiend, the belt on her skirt and the ground.

Love knows no Boundaries

Thoughts of the girl: I am tired to hear people say I should find a new boyfriend, I just don't understand what they have against this man of mine. He might not look the best but he is the best I've ever met. He has a heart big as a ocean and that is what is important to me.

The posing is fantastic and I think most of the shader work is very good too. There are two things that are bugging me a little about the shaders, but it might just be me (and feel free to disregard). One, personally I'd go with a different look for either the woman's shirt or skirt... Two, the panels of the stalls, the ones with the large squares. I'm not sure why I don't like that--maybe it's just a little too bright or obtrusive... The rest I think are great.

Thanks Scott :) The panels (if you meant the orange/blue/leafy things) are sort of menat to be a bit bright :) I took the idea from several of thse travelling carusel/market thignies thattend to show up here and there all over sweden during summer :)

I will see what I can do for the woman's skirt, I do have that snake skin shader that might work on the skirt a but better than the one that is currently there :) Though.. if anyone has found a free Seamless snakeskin pattern I would love to be pointed in that direction.. the one I have isn't exactly seamless :(

edited December 1969

Hello.

For contest: MyLoves

New texture for Corset and Panty from After School.
    Original Black on Aiko.
    My red texture on Gen 2

I love the camera angle, and the poses are interesting. Your custom red clothing textures are impressively done.
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone. I was playing with the lighting quite a bit last night. I never seem to be completely satisfied. Lighting always seems to be the hardest part of renders for me. But I'm learning and that is the important part.

edited October 2013

Carola O said:
    Though.. if anyone has found a free Seamless snakeskin pattern I would love to be pointed in that direction.. the one I have isn't exactly seamless :(

You could always try to make a seamless texture yourself...it's not as difficult as it sounds, although some images are better suited for the process than others.

Photoshop instructions
    GIMP instructions

I'd recommend reading both sets of instructions, as each contains some tips that can be translated to the other program.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

Thank you for that link Kismet, it was a lovely one and was made into a nice little shader at once :) Also used that in the new version of the render. Both on her skirt and shoes (diffuse color dark, dark grey) and on the vendors pants (diffuse color dark grey, and specular color orange'ish )

I'll look over those two instructions Scott, thank you :)

Made a change on the canopy of the stalls, used my linen like shader for that, this one without pattern :) Hope it looks better *smiles*

Love knows no Boundaries

loveknowsnobundariespw.jpg
    800 x 720 - 240K
    edited December 1969

You are welcome Carola.

Subtle changes can make such a big difference. Looks amazing.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Thank you for that link Kismet, it was a lovely one and was made into a nice little shader at once :) Also used that in the new version of the render. Both on her skirt and shoes (diffuse color dark, dark grey) and on the vendors pants (diffuse color dark grey, and specular color orange'ish )

Made a change on the canopy of the stalls, used my linen like shader for that, this one without pattern :) Hope it looks better *smiles*

Love knows no Boundaries

That looks really good

edited December 1969

Added a, hopefully, subtle spotlight to light up the top of the base and the hooves of DAZ Horse 2.

ONUC_TWO_32.jpg
    800 x 640 - 253K
    edited December 1969

Added a, hopefully, subtle spotlight to light up the top of the base and the hooves of DAZ Horse 2.

Very nice

• TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

just me, but I would love to see more of what you have going on with the upper wing. The bit I see is really nice.

edited December 1969

As requested standfast. A picture of the upper wing.

ONUC_TWO_36.jpg
    800 x 640 - 236K
    edited December 1969

Oh TY :) it is really nice.

edited December 1969

Thanks. I changed the colour combination many, many times.

• Mcjam24Mcjam24 Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

@Carola 0, looking very good. I love your setup and I'm digging the shader on the skirt.

@Kismet2012 this is good, and the subtle light you added makes a positive difference

• Mcjam24Mcjam24 Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

I rebuilt the velvet shader on her shirt taking it from a different direction, seems to be looking better this way, applied my leather shader to her skirt and I don't think it needed much by way of tweaking, I also went with more of a portrait setting since her pose was leaning in that direction anyway, so now its on to the wooden bowl and stockings...this month has been a good one, haven't had this much fun in a while.

OctoberContest3.jpg
    800 x 800 - 372K
    edited December 1969

WOW. That red velvet shader of yours is amazing. I really like the portrait look.

edited December 1969

I agree that looks really good

edited December 1969

I think the decision to go portrait was a good one.

The only thing I would consider, myself, would be to go full length stockings, I think that dress set has that option. But that is me.

edited December 1969

Carola O said:

Love knows no Boundaries

I like it better this way. Looks great! :-)
    edited December 1969

Subtle but a bit better I think. I really like the lighting on the horse itself--attractive and dramatic. Maybe move the mane away from its eye though?
    edited December 1969

mcjam24 said:
    I rebuilt the velvet shader on her shirt taking it from a different direction, seems to be looking better this way, applied my leather shader to her skirt and I don't think it needed much by way of tweaking, I also went with more of a portrait setting since her pose was leaning in that direction anyway, so now its on to the wooden bowl and stockings...this month has been a good one, haven't had this much fun in a while.

Very nice overall, and the velvet shader looks awesome. :)
  • spmwcspmwc Posts: 124
    edited October 2013

Just a simple blue shader on the body of the car along with a slightly darker blue shader on the girl's bikini. This is the first time I have ever used a shader. Thank you Jaderail for the Tutorial.

Bikini_Car_Model.jpg
    1192 x 772 - 417K
    Post edited by spmwc on