What happened to Aiko Toon for Aiko3?

I want to get that one, but it's not there in store.

Expressions, and texturesfor the clothes Aiko Toon comes with are there, as is Hiro Toon for Hiro 3......but Aiko Toon for Aiko 3 is missing o.o

Help? o.o

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582

It was "pulled" last Autumn.  I don't know if it has reappeared at any other site.

Sincerely,

Bill

• UGH ><

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,739
    edited April 2019

An error?

Post edited by Taoz on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Yeah, I've been wanting that too. Sad that it's not available anymore.

edited April 2019

Doesn't make sense that they should remove it. I recall another product that suddenly disappeared from a store, when I asked the vendor it was an error and she added it back again. You could ask 3DUniverse.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327

Expressions, and texturesfor the clothes Aiko Toon comes with are there, as is Hiro Toon for Hiro 3......but Aiko Toon for Aiko 3 is missing o.o

Help? o.o

I’ll try get an answer from DAZ on this. We didn’t remove the product. 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Help? o.o

Interesting.  We were noting in another thread that a lot of the thrid generation product seems to have disappeared from the store.  All the starter packs except A3, H3 and SP3 are now gone, which means the body morphs for V3 and M3 are no longer available. 

• Cybersox said:

Help? o.o

Interesting.  We were noting in another thread that a lot of the thrid generation product seems to have disappeared from the store.  All the starter packs except A3, H3 and SP3 are now gone, which means the body morphs for V3 and M3 are no longer available. 

What genius came up with that? frown

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    Cybersox said:

Help? o.o

I put it down to a series of dumb moves rather one single bad decision.  If it wasn't for the fact that the store still has dozens of products for the even more archaic V1&2, I'd think it was an intentional move to phase the V3 generation of products out except for the still popular Aiko 3.  As it is... I suspect someone who didn't really understand what the product was got overzealous with the catalog trimming.  

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

You would think, though, that even if overzealous they’d at least contact the artist to make them aware of it before they removed things so that the artist could take action (e.g. let people know, etc.)...

— Walt Sterdan

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

That's a shame. It was on my wishlist, too. I've been picking up the older products I'm missing recently and I had planned on picking that one up soon.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,117
    I should've grabbed her sooner too since the only 3rd gen character I've used the most is A3. But I figured that Aiko Toon and Hiro Toon were reborn/rebranded as Jasmin and Jason for G1, so she was in my wishlist. https://www.daz3d.com/jason-jasmin-for-genesis-uber-bundle
  • Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

Help? o.o

I put it down to a series of dumb moves rather one single bad decision.  If it wasn't for the fact that the store still has dozens of products for the even more archaic V1&2, I'd think it was an intentional move to phase the V3 generation of products out except for the still popular Aiko 3.  As it is... I suspect someone who didn't really understand what the product was got overzealous with the catalog trimming.  

It's funny how some of those charge morefor the v1 v2 stuff

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679

Given there are other products that use Aiko Toon, plus the PA said he didnt ask to shelf his product, this had to be some kind of a mistake.

-MJ

edited April 2019

Daz gave me the following feedback on this issue:

Typically that happens if we have really old products that we are getting a significant customer returns and error reports on.

We didnt receive any reports of issues with the product. We also don’t see a high return rate in our sales reports, you we’re at a bit of a loss as to why it was removed. 

Post edited by 3D Universe on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Typically that happens if we have really old products that we are getting a significant customer returns and error reports on.

We didnt receive any reports of issues with the product. We also don’t see a high return rate in our sales reports, you we’re at a bit of a loss as to why it was removed. 

That's strange. :( It's real a bummer, I know there are some people still using Aiko 3 (I've actually kind of "discovered" her recently and am using her for funzies for NPR renders). It's unfortunate that Aiko Toon isn't available at Daz3D anymore. Will you be making it available at other site or in another way?

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874
    edited April 2019

There is still available: https://www.daz3d.com/3d-universe-aikotoon-4

Post edited by Artini on
    edited April 2019

Aiko Toon and Aiko Toon 4 rendered in Daz Studio iray.

They both look nicely - thanks for bringing that to my attention.

AikoToon02pic01.jpg
    800 x 1080 - 177K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited April 2019

Another iray render of Aiko Toon, Jasmin and Aiko Toon 4. I like all of these characters.

AikoToon04pic02.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 279K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    Artini said:

There is still available: https://www.daz3d.com/3d-universe-aikotoon-4

nice clothing too

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,262

So, what is this error on Aiko Toon of which they speak? Has anyone actually tried to fix it? If there are that many returns, that means there are that many (and probably more) sales, so demand is there, apparently. Maybe the community can help, although that doesn't always work out (i.e., Noggins Real Macaw - known fix for DS, ignored or rejected, product pulled).

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,636

^I've never encountered an error using Aiko Toon - and it's old enough that there'd have been mention of it before now. (I can't imagine DS breaking anything in it with a new version - but can't remember if I've used Aiko Toon since upgrading to 4.10)

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited May 2019

Does this mean they are not gonna restore it in the store???
    I use AikoToon quite heavily and have encountered zero issues with her so im quite curious as to the "problems reported".

EDIT:  I should note however, i use a much older version of DS so maybe the issues is with DS4*???

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on

Haven't noticed any problems with it in 4.10. I also find it strange that they remove products without telling the vendor.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,879

I would imagine it’s the plethora of newer users unaccustomed to legacy figures that are accounting for the returns, they probably expect it to work with genesis 3 or something due to the numerical name.

DAZ themselves moved to fix this with 8 as their last generational name so I would speculate it is an issue.

I still think DAZ could have avoided all the problems having a Poser legacy store as much of their earlier content was indeed created for use in Poser, its how they came to be a business branching off from Zygote, rather than vaulting scrapping it just separate it from their later DAZ studio content with the note also works in DAZ studio on  it but not with later content.

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

And hiro toon is still there, so go figure.... Grab while you can. 

Also note, a study in consistency, there are multiple aiko toon sddons still for sale, but you can't get the base for them.

Hey 3du, let us know if we can buy direct now, as i'll give you my money if daz doesn't want it...

Tia,

--ms

mindsong said:

Also note, a study in consistency, there are multiple aiko toon sddons still for sale, but you can't get the base for them.

Hey 3du, let us know if we can buy direct now, as i'll give you my money if daz doesn't want it...

Tia,

--ms

well DAZ left Hiro for dead, Aiko has moved on ....

mindsong said:

Tia,

--ms

Hi all,

DAZ have said there were issues with AikoToon and because of it's age, the issues weren’t reported to me. 

If you’re needing a copy of AikoToon, you can purchase directly from us. Contact [email protected] for details. 

• 3DU's Legacy Content is timeless and a real crowd favorite. Great figures to begin learning the world of 3D art. It would be great to see a dedicated 3DU site that can sell all legacy content. The demand is out there whether DAZ or Rendo is willing to sell it or not. 

00.jpg
    3600 x 1793 - 2M