Exporting from Daz3D to zBrush

Hello, I successfully export the 3d model from Daz3d to zBrush however each object file is over 1 GB in size. Does anyone know how I can make the file much smaller in Zbrush?

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Are you exporting only one figure, unlothed, etc, or what?

You should be exporting at base resolution.

• Right I should of clarified. I export a nude figure and when I open in zbrush I have to smooth the surface of the model as by default it has textured surface. When I save the model in zbrush the file suddenly is over 1GB in size. I want the file size to be much much lower.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825

Right I should of clarified. I export a nude figure and when I open in zbrush I have to smooth the surface of the model as by default it has textured surface. When I save the model in zbrush the file suddenly is over 1GB in size. I want the file size to be much much lower.

ZBrush won't usually bring a model in textured - what are your steps to achieve this?

• I made a post about it here and got a solution from the members. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4480386

After I smooth the surface of the figure I save the OBJ file in zBrush and suddently the file size is over 1GB. An OBJ file should be 10-15 MB I hear, 1GB is way too large.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825

Smoothing inb ZBrush increases the polygon count, if you mean dividing the mesh - each level quadruples it.

• Thank you all. You guys have been helpful!

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983

I just saw my post in your other thread and noticed I had forget to tell you that you can "Flip Normals" right inside Daz Studio with the Geometry Editor viewport right-click menu to fix the issue you had.

OBJ file won't show properly in Zbrush

Also have a look as my post in this thread: hi does anyone know how to use substance painter

The youtube tutorials I've posted there should explain how to work with high density meshes inside ZBrush and how to export the details you've sculpted there onto low poly base meshes.