Some content lost with beta?

alisa53alisa53 Posts: 157

Greetings all!  My new computer is online!  I can post some specs later.  I no longer live in the world Mac, and it's working really well.  I opted for the 1660 ti GPU.  I recall that required the beta? (which is now installed).  I have a problem, though.  I seems that some content data that I regularly use (certain characters, hair, etc.) are showing as installed, but do not appear in my content list now, which is unusual.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but they're still not there.  I will be honest and say I have not looked in the "content library" on the other side of my workspace screen, and will do that when I'm home later today.  But I thought I would ask to see if this is a typical glitch in the move to beta?  Otherwise it's been pretty smooth and painless.  Besides needing to save more frequently, are there any other tips for the beta?  BTW, thanks to all of you who helped trouble shoot the computer (and to my hubby who put it together!).

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,093

They appear in the release build? If so make sure that you have the same content directories selected in both versions - you can download this script http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/save_mapped_paths/start and drag it into the Viewport of the release build to create a new script, then drag that script into the Viewport of the Beta to sync the settings.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,596

Personally, I don't ever use smart content and always use the content library. If it isn't listed in the content library, check the actual files on your PC to see if they are there (make a point of knowing the file path and files installed)

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

Personally, I don't ever use smart content and always use the content library. If it isn't listed in the content library, check the actual files on your PC to see if they are there (make a point of knowing the file path and files installed)

Why don't you use Smart Content?

Habit or you don't like it?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Main reason not to be dependent on Smart Content is it only works for content that has metadata files where as Content Library pane shows everything that is installed and mapped properly

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118
    jestmart said:

Main reason not to be dependent on Smart Content is it only works for content that has metadata files where as Content Library pane shows everything that is installed and mapped properly

I see!

If anyone else is interested, you can create the metadata just dragging the items from Content Library to Smart Content menu, and then you'll find them too :)