Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.11.0.383! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• WoolaWoola Posts: 27

I'm also having the issue with the install manager, this doesn't seem to be an isolated case.  I've tried everything people have suggested so far and haven't be able to do it, allowing us to manual download would help a lot.

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318

OK, i have the luck that one of my 2 PCs get the DIM Download but its strange...

The Same Settings on both Windows 10 PCs but only one get the Download...

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318

OK, i have the luck that one of my 2 PCs get the DIM Download but its strange...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

This looks like an awesome feature and I'm very excited to play with it!

Is anyone else having trouble getting it to show up even when rendering a full image (not the Iray viewport preview but the actual render)? I can use the tool to style it just fine, but the first render I tried finished totally blank within about thirty seconds, and subsequent attempts have successfully rendered G8 but not the hair itself. 

You are probably rendering in 3DL mode but by default the hair you create is iRay. Make sure you use the 3DL sample and create hair in 3DL mode.

I have never rendered in 3DL, so I'm not sure how this works. Do you mean I need to create it in 3DL mode and then render in Iray?

To clarify, the hair is rendering in Iray just fine as long as I keep it to the head, torso, and arms. If I painted on just the torso and legs, though, it didn't work.  

If you haven't selected 3DL as your renderer I don't know what's making the hair render clear, sorry.

• RobertlRobertl Posts: 9
    edited May 2019

I had the problem of Daz Studio not showing up in Dim also, I checked the 32 bit box download in the filters with the public build and both 32 and 64 bit versions showed up and I downloaded 64 bit version and deleted off the 32 bit version. Don't know if that could be what you have wrong or not but check to see if both versions are checked.

Post edited by Robertl on
  • randy88randy88 Posts: 16

The new Strand Based Hair is a very interesting and amazing feature. You can easily grow hair on your character. I am enjoying trying this feature.

作者Rに毛が生えた.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • i have the beta build but still no strand hair

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845

i have the beta build but still no strand hair

It is under the Edit and Create menus.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

i have the beta build but still no strand hair

You need to watch the video linked to in the announcement in the Commons forum or you can just go to the menu : Window - Workspace - Update and Merge Menus .

• i have the beta build but still no strand hair

It is under the Edit and Create menus.

ty

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219

Is it SUPPOSED to be incompatible with DS3 content?  As it stands, I've got an entire content folder that I might as well right off entirely as far as mesh assets (scenes/props/characters) are concerned, and the same is true of the Optitex free dynamic outfits.  Scripts and lights still generally work, and 3DL shaders (more or less), but anything with geometry seems to be stuck behind an upgrade-wall.

Rob says "Watch the change log" (any typos are my contribution)

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914
    edited May 2019

WOW, Finally we get a functional IK system!

Animation / Inverse Kinematics (IK)

• Fixed an issue that caused an initial “jump” when the Universal view tool, or a derived tool (i.e., Rotate, Translate, Scale), is active and the figure uses ERC to scale (e.g., Genesis 3/8 characters)
    • Fixed an issue with IK chain length in Bend/Twist bone configuration
      • Addresses an issue with prematurely involving pull nodes (e.g., collars in Genesis 3/8) in the solve
    • Improved fidelity of the IK pin solve
      • Use of a Jacobian based IK refinement pass greatly minimizes jitter at pins
    • Improved logic for determining Bend/Twist bone configuration (e.g., Genesis 3/8 characters) in the IK system

Now I can animate properly, thanks for this!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

In the Strand-Based Hiar editor Distribution tab, there is s drop down box to select image maps for Color Base and Tip, but there isn't any way to actually browse for or select an image.

• GipsGips Posts: 44

Where get direct link to download, without daz install manager?

edited May 2019

One can only download/install through DIM. You can download it from your Product Library, but it'll still need to be installed using DIM.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • GipsGips Posts: 44

One can only install through DIM. You can download it from your Product Library, but it'll still need to be installed using DIM.

Thanks, but i don't need DIM, I want just a watch hair feature.

Anyway thanks for your answer

barbult said:

In the Strand-Based Hiar editor Distribution tab, there is s drop down box to select image maps for Color Base and Tip, but there isn't any way to actually browse for or select an image.

The problem is that there might not be a single map - for example the head is likely to span across at least two UDIMs on Genesis 3 and 8, so so that's potentially two maps (more for a body hair set) rather than just one. DS handls that for you, by grouping the maps into sets.

barbult said:

The problem is that there might not be a single map - for example the head is likely to span across at least two UDIMs on Genesis 3 and 8, so so that's potentially two maps (more for a body hair set) rather than just one. DS handls that for you, by grouping the maps into sets.

I don't understand the reply, Richard. I don't understand why there is a drop down box if I can't select anything? Is it because I have more than one surface selected to paint? What do you mean by "DS handles that for you"?

barbult said:
    barbult said:

I don't understand the reply, Richard. I don't understand why there is a drop down box if I can't select anything? Is it because I have more than one surface selected to paint? What do you mean by "DS handles that for you"?

You aren't selecting "a map" in the drop down, you are selecting a set of maps - DS handles assigning the right map from the set to each area of the mesh.

edited May 2019
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

You aren't selecting "a map" in the drop down, you are selecting a set of maps - DS handles assigning the right map from the set to each area of the mesh.

But when I use the drop down, there is no mechanism to browse for anything and no sets listed to select from. Where are these set lists? Do I have to create them somehow first??? (Just to clarify again, I am talking about the Distribution tab drop down box to select image maps for Color Base and Tip).

No Browse No List.jpg
    516 x 836 - 178K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

The current General Release can handle .daz format files

Do you mean the issue affecting 4.11.0.335 and files from the Optitex website (both free and from their old webstore), as well as older .daz files, is fixed now?

Here is what the log says in .335 when trying to load files like that.

2019-05-17 18:31:04.470 Opening file low crotch skirt.daz...2019-05-17 18:31:04.532 Error reading file H:/!_3D/content/people/victoria 4/dynamic clothing/low crotch skirt/low crotch skirt.daz : C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0x00000000
    2019-05-17 18:32:27.427 Error reading file C:/Users/Forever/Documents/DAZ 3D/content/animals/darter dragonfly.daz : C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0x00000000

Both load perfectly fine in 4.6.

one can install both the Beta and Current Release on the same machine.

Thank you, but it's not what I meant. What I meant is that if a user has a standalone installer for an earlier version, say, 4.6, it's easy to downgrade the general release and resave the files as .duf files. Standalone installers get downloaded from the product library into the user's default "downloads" folder. While beta releases have long been DIM-only installs, and it's way more unlikely a user archives their DIM downloads because by default they are in that folder buried deep down the "public" user folder (at least on Windows).

The current General Release can handle .daz format files

Do you mean the issue affecting 4.11.0.335 and files from the Optitex website (both free and from their old webstore), as well as older .daz files, is fixed now?

Here is what the log says in .335 when trying to load files like that.

2019-05-17 18:31:04.470 Opening file low crotch skirt.daz...2019-05-17 18:31:04.532 Error reading file H:/!_3D/content/people/victoria 4/dynamic clothing/low crotch skirt/low crotch skirt.daz : C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0x00000000
    2019-05-17 18:32:27.427 Error reading file C:/Users/Forever/Documents/DAZ 3D/content/animals/darter dragonfly.daz : C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0x00000000

Both load perfectly fine in 4.6.

The current General Release version is 4.10.0.123, which works for .daz format files.

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

The current General Release version is 4.10.0.123, which works for .daz format files.

Yes I remember it working with the Optitex files, but there were a few older files still giving errors. I decided to keep 4.6 around instead =)

Either way, I do hope that when 4.11 becomes general release, it will at least work with those .daz files that 4.10 used to handle fine.

DAZ may have an Iray SDK, but they are still dependant on NVIDIA to provide Iray versions. Support for Turing architecture is an on-going process.

• OB 1OB 1 Posts: 9

Just checked and opening latest DAZ Studio beta with an empty scene chips off 2 GB of video RAM.

I know that some buffers are expected to be allocated, but this seems too much while absolutely no assets are loaded (not even environment map). No wonder everything is falling back to

"Fixed" the problem by replacing DAZ directory\libs\iray\libiray.dll on libiray.dll from 4.11.0.236 frown...

• LindaBLindaB Posts: 166

I had to install the BETA so I could use my new graphics card, I've never used a DAZ Studio BETA before. I just installed the BETA and none of my content is showing up in the content library. I don't use Smart Content, just the content library. How can I get my content to show up in the content library?