Free Software that Makes Life Easier

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
    Selinita said:

Can you export the characters and their animation loops to Carrara?

Sadly no, that would be awesome but guess assets need to be baked to avoid people using them wrongly 

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Licensed for "any" use. From the FAQ. What am I allowed to do with Twinmotion? You can use Twinmotion to create stunning visualizations for any purpose—whether you’re a professional working in a commercial environment, a hobbyist working on a personal project, or a student or educator getting to grips with real-time design visualization. Do I have to pay royalties if I use Twinmotion? No, Twinmotion is 100% royalty-free. https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/faq
    Yes. Same deal for Twinmotion and Unreal Studio. Download before 2019 November to keep forever, no updates though after the deadline. Say thank you to the Fortnite players that let's Epic hand out freebies like these.
    3drendero said:
    Yes. Same deal for Twinmotion and Unreal Studio. Download before 2019 November to keep forever, no updates though after the deadline. Say thank you to the Fortnite players that let's Epic hand out freebies like these.

Yes indeed I have so much free stuff now for use in Unreal Editor I had to move it all to another drive

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103
    3drendero said:

Yes indeed I have so much free stuff now for use in Unreal Editor I had to move it all to another drive

So do we need Unreal to use Twinmotion?

3drendero said:

you need Epic Games launcher

you can always play Fortnite too once you have it enlightened

3drendero said:

you need Epic Games launcher

you can always play Fortnite too once you have it enlightened

Thanks for that! I'll look into it :)

added some of their foods to my Miranda's customer's tables

Unreal Studio and Twinmotion 2019 V2 are 2 different products. Now owned by the same owner and both use the same real time renderer. Unreal Studio has or will soon get real time raytracing when using the new Nvidia RTX and even GTX 10x0 (slower). Twinmotion don't have raytracing yet.
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995

A few pages back someone posted that LithUnwrap (at ShareCG) had a 2019 update... Curious, I went to see what was new, but the link seems dead and at the moment I’m not finding it at ShareCG, but it is still available at GitHub...

https://github.com/timdetering/HomeworldSDL/blob/master/tools/editors/texture/LithUnwrap/readme.txt

I’m not sure if that version is the 2019 version.

LithUnwrap apparently is by Brad Bolthouse (cool superhero name) the same guy who is the creator of UltimateUnwrap 3D.

LithUnwrap looks pretty cool. Have you tried it? From reading the page, it doesn't seem to me it would do anything that Carrara's doesn't, except for having the gaming compatibilities. Or am I missing something?

Ultimate Unwrap 3D, on the other hand... yeah... that looks pretty cool to me. I might just get that when I get modeling again. Got some fun ideas brewing :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

iso the 3d twinky

havent seen a r/l twinky in over 20 years.  hostess fails

• FirePro9FirePro9 Posts: 455

Create free 3D meeting place on Mozilla Hub using Spoke.

https://hubs.mozilla.com/spoke

• FirePro9FirePro9 Posts: 455

pCon.Planner is a free 3d room designer, similar to sketchup.  Has nice CAD and 3D import and export abilities.

https://pcon-planner.com/en/

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949
    edited May 2019
    Post edited by ed3D on
  • Hermit CrabHermit Crab Posts: 833

Since this is page 26 of the thread, I hope this isn't a duplicate.

I recently re-discovered the amazing Magix Music Maker program which I once had a copy of from a magazine cover disc.

At that time I played with it a little but lost it when I got a new PC.

Now there is a free version which I've been trying out.  See: https://www.magix.com

There isn't a molecule of musical ability or knowledge of musical theory in me but I have been having fun slapping down litttle snippets from the supplied soundpool onto the main interface and hearing the results.  Putting some music together is as easy as spreading butter or other things on toast.  As with toast, not everything that can be spread belongs together but the program does its best to be tuneful.

I put my two efforts so far (since getting the program again) onto YouTube.  The 'music' plays along to Carrara and some Poser renders.

For the second video, should you wish to take a look, it's probably better to go into full-screen mode.

Regards to all.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iSMNJc7Kdm8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1DL3ZL9icKw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well I blundered in trying to embed the vids but the links work.

just click source and post normal links

Thanks, Wendy for doing that.

Best regards.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

Oops I missed it.  Oh wait I already bought it earlier this year from NewEgg.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Very creative Director's idea. Bravo!

Vyusur said:

Very creative Director's idea. Bravo!

Marcus Severus's videos, just embedded for him, just for those who may not have realised

another Twinmotion flyaround by me

edited May 2019

Thanks again, Wendy.  The flyaround video of yours above is amazing.  I can never work out how all the assets in these vast worlds get made in anyone's lifetime.

Vyusur, your kind remarks made my day, especially from someone so talented.

I used the free software, Fotosketcher, to produce the emerging frames.  I took video screen captures of Fotosketcher doing its work of converting some of my renders and also with the first frame of an animation and this gave the effect of the images developing from shapeless colours.  For the videos - to accompany the sound - I just picked some renders and animations I had been attempting to do for one reason or another.

The Music Maker software is impressive to me but perhaps to others who know much more about playing instruments and making music it may be just one of many similar programs out there.  The free version I used is quite limited compared to the additional vast store of sounds and instruments which are for sale for it.  I am strongly tempted to buy one of the non-free versions simply to be able to add some kind of sounds to any future videos I make.  I don't have it in me to compose anything of my own.

Something more I discovered tonight is that animation clips and images can be added to the music timeline for the production of video as well as sound.  It means that animations and pictures can be very precisely matched to the sound.  Had I realized earlier that the feature existed it would have saved me a bit of work with my own video editor. 

Thanks to anyone who took a look.  I'm typing this past two in the morning.  Please forgive my general lack of commenting on all the amazing work that others in these forums produce.  My visits here tend to be like this at the end of the day. 

Post edited by Hermit Crab on
    edited June 2019

Although this is a thread on free software I can wind up my mentioning of Magix Music Maker by letting you know that I went on to buy the first version above free and now I have a ton more of musical sounds to slap down. My free version had an offer pop up to get the version I bought for half price. This offer wasn't reflected in the Magix store so it is possible that all new users of the free version will get such an offer but I don't know. Anyway I raked through my hard disk for any Carrara and some Poser renders I could find to accompany my latest masterpiece (yeah, right). Here it is anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYdb1IvZaDM&feature=youtu.be

Sorry, Wendy, I still failed to embed.  Please don't waste time with me!

Post edited by Hermit Crab on

you only literally need click source the last box the top row of the forum post header