Transfer Utilities

Hey guys, I have this issue, when I import my mesh and use transfer utilities, everything but the jeans and the boots work totally fine. I tried a couple of times, but I still get the same results.
What do I do, where did I go wrong?
I attached an image below please check

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,676

Do the jeans and boots line up with the zeroed figure?

• No, only with the posed. Does it matter?

Yes, for Transfer Utility to work the items should fit the zero pose (and ideally shape). There is a way to work with posed figures, but in this case I think having the legs closer together would make the weight projection behave oddly.

• And any videos on how to add morphing to the mesh that I am going to import ? Also he has a cloak on his back but it behaves weird when I add it.

The cloak will probably need extensive rerigging, to add extra bones below the enck and to give them influence on the mesh - or you could try using dForce.

There are various videos on using the Morph Loader plug-ins, though I don't have any links to hand. Is the import you are asking about, or creating the new shapes in the first place?

• I made shape keys of the jeans in Blender I want to import them in Daz Studio and have it work

Export as OBJ, then in DS select the clothing and go to Edit>Figure>Morph Loader Pro. Use the same import preset as you used for importing the OBJ with the clothes, then select the files, and if there's posing applied as well as the morph expand the options under each morph file and enable Reverse Deformations. You may also want to edit the property path. Click Accept and the morphs should load and be available for testing.

• How can I disable or reduce this extreme stretching going on, when I rotate his leg.
    It's a skirt and the stretching piece is a belt. Also, the armband on his hand, can it have something like physics when I move his hand that small piece of cloth flaps around

DAZStudio_ASPgCj8S6k.png
    2435 x 1853 - 841K
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,646

Well, you could weigth paint it to follow the pelvis instead of the thigh, but that would case problems if you bend the leg forward.

But maybe if you just increase the pelvis factor you could find an acceptable balance.

Is it meant to be attached at both ends, or should it be hanging free?

• Well if it's possible to be hanging would be great, instead of just begin stuck like glue on the leg. Realistically, they would be just hanging there and tap on his legs when the character is moving. But I have no idea, I could export them individually if needed. Also, I want the armband piece to move around as well. The belts are only sewed at the top part of them to the skirt, the rest is floating.

fb05c7872b7e0e0b0d846c35afb1d2b4.jpg
    1319 x 1866 - 248K

You'd need to use the Joint Editor to create new bones, as children of the Pelvis or Lower Abdomen (I can't decide which) from the right-click Viewport menu, and use the tool to adjust the centre point to attach to the belt and the end point to be at the end (or you might want to have more than one bone0. Then you'd use the Geometry Editor (for seelction) and Node Weight map Brush tools to have the bones control the hanging belts.

• Okay, thanks I'll try that

• edited May 2019

This is what happens when I load the morphs, using Morph Loader Pro, I tried the other Morph Loader, the results were the same. Only the scale goes up and down. 

Mod Edit.   Please attach an image using smooth shaded  not a nude skin.    Thankyou

ApplicationFrameHost_BaYWig1hvP.png
    827 x 1046 - 444K
    Post edited by narutobleachonepiece0 on
  • Any willing to reply to the upper question? I can't find a solution. Thank you

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,005

This is what happens when I load the morphs, using Morph Loader Pro, I tried the other Morph Loader, the results were the same. Only the scale goes up and down. 

Mod Edit.   Please attach an image using smooth shaded  not a nude skin.    Thankyou

Looks like the scale you used for the morphed obj is not the same as the one for the original item.

• That's what the morphing does, it's scaling the mesh up and down. The original fits 100% on it, I tried it out, With transfer utilities, all works fine, but when I do the morphings and try to make a change, that happens.