Zebra Skins

Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,409

Is there a zebra skin for Daz Horse 2?  Or the Genesis 3 centaurs?  I thought there was one, but now I can't find it.

Comments

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,944
    edited January 2019

For the Centaur:

https://www.daz3d.com/regan-for-centaur-7-male

https://www.daz3d.com/rheena-for-centaur-7-female

Not sure of one for the horse, but seems like there would be one...

Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,409

For the Centaur:

https://www.daz3d.com/regan-for-centaur-7-male

https://www.daz3d.com/rheena-for-centaur-7-female

Not sure of one for the horse, but seems like there would be one...

Thanks, those are good.  I'm still looking for one for the Horse 2 though.  Was there one for the Mil Horse?  I just feel like I've seen zebras around.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited January 2019

There was this discussion last summer, with someoe looking for a Zebra. Apparently the Millennium Horse has both a morph and materials for a zebra. However, there isn't a promo shot with the zebra. You could buy the product, and if it doesn't meet your needs, return it under the 30-day return policy.

ETA: On second look, there is a morph, but it looks like the horse only comes with the black textures.

ETA2: I have a zebra in my Product Library, though neither Millennium Horse nor Daz Horse 2. It was part of the Safari Bundle at one time, but is now marked inactive. It's really old. the bundle has a SKU of 8865! I believe it was included with my first copy of Daz Studio

And poking around, I found the SKU for the Zebra is 340. Here's a link to the barely there Read me.

The good news is, you're not going crazy. The bad news is, Daz no longer has a zebra. I didn't find one on Rendo or Hivewire, either.
    sad

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,531
    edited January 2019
    Zebra 1.png
    2005 x 1035 - 852K
    Zebra 2.png
    1991 x 1018 - 769K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,531

Non-Photo Realistic Carrara render - postwork used for the painting effect.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713

I have not got the steadiest hand and as I changed the UV I still have to try and map transfer this

Capture.JPG
    1920 x 1077 - 289K
    edited January 2019

is very rough, either use in a distant shot or tidy it up yourself in Photoshop etc cheeky

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Zebras_in_Tanzania_3945_Nevit.jpg

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/deed.en

body.jpg
    4096 x 4096 - 1M
    head.jpg
    4096 x 4096 - 1M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited January 2019

no tail or mane, can use horse tail might need to whip up a fibermesh mane, if it's as bad as my head hairs might pass

Zebrusha.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Oh wow, thank you so much Wendy_Carrara, that's perfect!  Just what I needed.

And thanks everyone else, too, for the info.  I'm really surprised Daz doesn't have a zebra anymore, that seems so odd!

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could use for a zebra mane?  I have a tufted tail, it's not great but it works, so that's done, but I'm at a loss with the mane.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could use for a zebra mane?  I have a tufted tail, it's not great but it works, so that's done, but I'm at a loss with the mane.

I did try grooming some fibermesh in Zbrush but lets just say it did not go well

I did try grooming some fibermesh in Zbrush but lets just say it did not go well

Oh that's fine, please don't trouble with it, I was more looking for something already made if possible.  Your texture is perfect, I'll find something for the mane!

Oh that's fine, please don't trouble with it, I was more looking for something already made if possible.  Your texture is perfect, I'll find something for the mane!

my skills rather lacking, I play around a lot in Zbrush after all I paid enough for it devil

still practice makes perfect glad could help a bit but that texture really is rough, my hand too wobbly on the mouse polypainting cheeky

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

I need to be less of a geek.  The unwrapped texture above reminded me of the original opening for Doctor Who: 

Ostadan said:

I need to be less of a geek.  The unwrapped texture above reminded me of the original opening for Doctor Who: 

wonder what that would look like on the horse?
  • MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,093
    edited January 2019

Wendy, the Doctor Who horse is beautiful and thank you for the zebra!

Doctor Whoof.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 193K
    Post edited by MimicMolly on
  • JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited May 2019

Thank you for sharing this with us Wendy_Carrara

I couldn't resist playing with it and trying to modify Alessandro's "DAZ Horse 2 – war horse" Look at My Hair Preset to create the zebra's mane and tail.  All I did was remove the feet hair and shorten the mane a little bit.  I've attached my preset in case anyone is interested.

zip
    zip
    Zebra01.zip
    Zebra01.jpg
    960 x 640 - 383K
    Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • jimmyzpopjimmyzpop Posts: 116

I couldn't resist playing with it and trying to modify Alessandro's "DAZ Horse 2 – war horse" Look at My Hair Preset to create the zebra's mane and tail.  All I did was remove the feet hair and shorten the mane a little bit.  I've attached my preset in case anyone is interested.

Looks great!

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    jimmyzpop said:

Looks great!

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement.  I modified it slightly and replaced my test image ;)

• next we need zebra for daz centaur!!

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,731

next we need zebra for daz centaur!!

Like this one?

https://www.daz3d.com/annicellea-centaur-for-genesis-8-female-centaur

• Lonesome CowboyLonesome Cowboy Posts: 149
    edited April 2020

Damn ... the textures are only save-able as webp, but i need jpg. I hate DAZ for always saving the graphic as webp.

Is it possible to save daz-images as normal jpg instead of webp?

Post edited by Lonesome Cowboy on
  • Damn ... the textures are only save-able as webp, but i need jpg. I hate DAZ for always saving the graphic as webp.

I have saved webp as jpg by simply changing the extension at time of save - Photoshop is fine with it, file manager is fine with it, and the browser is fine with it. 
    There have been threads on making a change to your browser to NOT do webp but default to jpg instead - I did this procedure to my FireFox and have been webp free for months now!

• ... edited ...

Damn ... the textures are only save-able as webp, but i need jpg. I hate DAZ for always saving the graphic as webp.

It's not DAZ, it's the browsers ... you know, anytime things are working well they go and 'fix things' ... when saving the file, change the type to 'all files' and then add the extention to the image. I save many as .png files that way.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Thanks for the share WendyLuvsCatz and Joepingleton!!   The zebras look great!!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949

+ nice Zebras _

• Lonesome CowboyLonesome Cowboy Posts: 149
    edited April 2020
    Gogger said:

I have saved webp as jpg by simply changing the extension at time of save - Photoshop is fine with it, file manager is fine with it, and the browser is fine with it. 
    There have been threads on making a change to your browser to NOT do webp but default to jpg instead - I did this procedure to my FireFox and have been webp free for months now!

changing the extension to jpg without a converter does not work in all cases. The images get wrong colors.
    My Photoshop CS 5.5 does not know webp. I have installed now and user-agent-switcher, but it does not help in all cases.

Does anyone know a good working version for firefox?

Post edited by Lonesome Cowboy on
  • nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,867
    edited April 2020

I have literally had instances where one moment, I go to save a jpg image from a post out to the drive, and it saves as a jpg, and the next moment I go to save a jpg image from a post out to the drive, and it saves it as a webm instead... even though it clearly shows when I mouse over it in the post that its a jpg.  I can then come back a while later and go to save the same image from the same post... and it saves as a jpg.  My understanding is that its something about how much traffic is hitting the site at the given time, and/or what traffic-optimizer proxy you're being sent to at the time, as to whether you get webm or whether you get jog.  And yes, it drives me nuts, too.

And yeah, I also know from personal experience that sometimes having the webm instead of the jpg will throw a Spaniard into the works.  I was having an issue with a render and was asking for help with it, and someone did a test render of the same structure to demonstrate a way to solve it.  I went to grab the example image, and it saved as a webm, after I noticed it had done that, I came back later and waited until the website let me download it as a jpg, and wound up saving them next to each other.  I then discovered that, while the thumbnail image of the webm, as seen in my folder, showed one level of lit-up-ness, when I actually loaded the webm to full size, parts of it (the walls) came out noticibly darker (!!!) than in the thumbnail, AND also darker than in the jpg when loaded.  I could literally pop back and forth between the webm copy and the jpg copy and see the wall in the picture go lighter, darker, lighter, darker.  Evidently, something in the encapsulated data of the webm was tricking the picture-viewer into showing it darker, even though Windoze was showing the rendered scene lit lighter in the thumbnail it was showing me.  It was the craziest thing!

(edit: fixxed the dang typos.)

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,748

Strange, it saves as JPG for me... I work with Firefox.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,040
    Gogger said:

changing the extension to jpg without a converter does not work in all cases. The images get wrong colors.
    My Photoshop CS 5.5 does not know webp. I have installed now and user-agent-switcher, but it does not help in all cases.

Does anyone know a good working version for firefox?

When you right click on the image and the pop-up menu appears don't Save Image As but use Save Linked Content as, that worked for me in Opera where Save Image as would save as .webp.