MikuMikuDance and .x files

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

free software junkie I am
I downloaded Vocaloid sister freeware animation program MMD and PMDeditor
the latter is entirely in Japanese characters so it is sheer guesswork on my behalf how to do anything
so far I have exported Stonemason's Streets of Asia ans a directX (.x) file from Carrara and loaded it into MMD
rigging is supported but my Carrara exports have been a mixed bag of failures
got Daz toons Sammy and Deedie in there rigged but no ik restraints, this can be done in PMDeditor but with a completely Japanese interface utterly no idea how
infact you can import objects as .x and rig them with it apparently!
other Daz characters just get me a yellow? triangle as does anything with animation.
so yes I can import props from Carrara
no not animation so far.
I can only export their figures such as Mitsu as mesh, fully textured but just mesh.
it has bullet physics too btw
the figures clothes and hair move dynamicaly
bringing x files exported from Carrara back into Carrara skeletons are detached so something happens in the process which is why possibly rigging does not work, but rotating bones on Sammy DID move the mesh albeit unconstrained
Genesis and other Daz figures have not worked so far at all
(yellow? triangle and Jap character dialogue, kinda like "an error has occured" in Carrrara and as helpfull!)
posting this in case anyone else curious or knows anything.

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited December 1969

gee thx Bigh!
    I bought a car last week for that much!!
    actually MikuMikuDance has rigging and weightpainting in PMDeditor, got a link to the English tutorials off the Reallusion forum from Hirospot, it is a very powerful bit of freeware!
    but at this rate I will prob master Blender sooner, at least it's user interface is in English!!!

edited December 1969

forgot - its a 6G download - just got mine done
    its got all the programs you will ever need :ohh:

edited December 1969

you got a new car - cool
    what kind ?

edited December 1969

not new
    A 2001 Toyota Corolla Ascent
    I drove up the back of someone a few weeks ago and the insurance company wrote mine off
    now I have premium insurance payments and personal loan repayments to spend my money on.
    was debt free

edited December 1969

not new
    A 2001 Toyota Corolla Ascent
    I drove up the back of someone a few weeks ago and the insurance company wrote mine off
    now I have premium insurance payments and personal loan repayments to spend my money on.
    was debt free

you had to pay for the new car - why didn't the insurance company buy you a new one ?
    they did for me many years ago .

well any way its all ways fun to get a new one - have had many .
    paid $50 to many $$$$$ - each was fun in its own way .
    oldest was 1947 .
    had a 1963 corolla - loved it - beat the heck out of it - broke the driver seat back and had to put a jag. one in it from the junk yard .

enjoy

edited December 1969

they paid me $2000 for my crappy 1995 Holden commodore station wagon, that is all it was worth
    I wanted to buy something better rather than another heap of crap.
    crash was my fault.