M4 & V4.2 Morphs PwrLdr says yes but DS says no?

MouserMouser Posts: 675
edited May 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have tried this with V4.2 but are getting the same result every time.

Power loader apears and I click all of the morphs or try just single morphs.

Power loader script window indicastes that chosen morphs all are loaded and there are no errors listed.

In Daz Studio there are no mortphs listed except for two male morphs.

I also tried the M4 character with none of the chosen morphs apearing.

I have checked all of the tabs but no morphs are listed but Power Loader insists they are?

Am I missing a step or is this a bug?

System:

Win 10 2xZeons (16 cores) 32G ram

Daz Studio 4.10

Poser Pro 11

Post edited by Mouser on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825

I'm not quite sure what you mean by PowerLoader saying the morphs are loaded - are they listed in the dialogue? If so, are they checked to tell DS to load them and do you choose the option to inject the morphs? A screen shot might help.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

Here is the initial power loader screen with V4,2 morphs listed.

powerloader.jpg
    507 x 927 - 78K

Power loader script runs without any erors listed.

powerloader2.jpg
    319 x 296 - 26K
    powerloader3.jpg
    323 x 302 - 18K

V4.2 apears but with only the male morphs, all others are not listed.

morphs.jpg
    627 x 698 - 53K
    morphs2.jpg
    626 x 704 - 59K

Am I missing a step here as I usualy only use pre genesis figures in Poser and this is the first time on DS.

That looks right, and when I have the same optionss et everything loads correctly. Have you tried the INJ All poses in the Content Library under Poser Formats>Install folder>Pose>Daz's Victoria 4>Morph Injections?

II tried the morph injections but no luck.

I then plugged in a USB backup of my old Poser runtime (pre DIM) and that one works okay.

The DIM installed stuff doesnt seem to work, no idea why as the same files are installed.

I'll just use my backup until I figure whats wrong.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Did you manually run the EXP bat files?  I seem to recall DIM does not do those or you.  Not sure of where they are, nor what they are called, sadly, but may be able to find out from DIM ..

Ok, a quick peek into DIM and ... Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles-V4V3.bat 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

Did you run the V4 / M4 initialization batch after installing the morphs? It's needed to add "channels" for the new morphs to your figure, so that you can inject them afterwards, and I don't think DIM does it automatically after you install a morph pack.

That would explain why you see the default V4 morphs like V4 male which is part of the figure itself, but not the other ones.

The batches are the in :Runtime:libraries:!Daz and are called something like "DzCreateExPFiles-V4" and "DzCreateExPFiles-M4".

Gonna download & re-install V4 & M4 then start from scratch.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Rob says

PowerLoader is the DzCreateExPFiles utility on steroids. Running the bat/sh files is not needed for Daz Studio - PowerLoader more handles it, and then some. The bat/sh is for use with Poser (or Carrara).
    SimonJM said:

Did you manually run the EXP bat files?  I seem to recall DIM does not do those or you.  Not sure of where they are, nor what they are called, sadly, but may be able to find out from DIM ..

Ok, a quick peek into DIM and ... Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles-V4V3.bat 

Leana said:

Did you run the V4 / M4 initialization batch after installing the morphs? It's needed to add "channels" for the new morphs to your figure, so that you can inject them afterwards, and I don't think DIM does it automatically after you install a morph pack.

That would explain why you see the default V4 morphs like V4 male which is part of the figure itself, but not the other ones.

The batches are the in :Runtime:libraries:!Daz and are called something like "DzCreateExPFiles-V4" and "DzCreateExPFiles-M4".

PowerLoader should be doing the same, with more control and options - certainly I didn't run the batch file, and powerLoader was working for me (fresh install as my content drive failed a few months back).

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026
    Chohole said:

Rob says

PowerLoader is the DzCreateExPFiles utility on steroids. Running the bat/sh files is not needed for Daz Studio - PowerLoader more handles it, and then some. The bat/sh is for use with Poser (or Carrara).

I didn't know that, I never used power loader as it didn't work properly on my system for whatever reason when it was introduced and I never reinstalled it since.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

I have to admit I did not think it (the running of the bat file) was needed for PoerLoader to work, I thought it was needed to have the morphs++ load/inject/work.An analogy would be somethign like a gun: pull the trigger (start PowerLoader) and it will go through the motions or working, but unless you put bullets in the clip (run the .bat file) it won't actually do anything.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Rob says

the individual PowerLoder packages associated with a given morph product provide the "bullets" (configuration files) in your analogy

Okay re-installed and morphs are there now.

Nothing looks diferent files wise so no idea as usual as to what DS is doing.

Normal software  = ON or OFF

DS or Poser = ON or OFF or MAYBE????