Problem with Unimesh in Poser

namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I tried using the Captain Runner unimesh with M4 but the Freak morphs do not work with it unless I turn off Freak Scale (which just looks fat instead of like Freak4).

I tried it in DS4 and it works just fine.

I have M4 installed in a DS runtime (runtime not content). And then I point to that runtime with Poser Pro 2012.

I'm thinking maybe I have to have that installed directly into a poser runtime.

If so, should I install all the base Daz figures (M4, freak, H4, V4) into my poser Runtime? If so should it be the one under my documents or the the one in the C: folder.

Comments

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited July 2012

Hi,

Poser handles scaling differently from Daz Studio. You will get the same issues with Stephanie 4 Elite.

What you need to do is load the item of clothing. Make sure you have the 'Body' selected and then click on the properties tab on the right (next to parameters unless you have rearranged it). In that tab are some check boxed. Put a check in the 'Include morphs when conforming' and' Include scales when conforming'. Now conform the item. It should fit.

I just tried this with the Capt Runner top & Pants to make sure.

CaptRunF4.png
    600 x 539 - 205K
    Post edited by Haruchai on
  • namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Thanks!

That did the trick. I new it had to be something simple.

The funny thing was the pants worked just fine without changing anything.

Thanks again.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

namrettek said:
    Thanks!

That did the trick. I new it had to be something simple.

The funny thing was the pants worked just fine without changing anything.

No problem :)

BTW the reason the pants worked is because, if I recall correctly, Freak Scale only affects the upper portion of the body. Just FYI.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited December 1969

According to Bagginsbill, SR3 (currently in Beta) adds support for single-axis scaling... :)

• Haruchai said:

What you need to do is load the item of clothing. Make sure you have the 'Body' selected and then click on the properties tab on the right (next to parameters unless you have rearranged it). In that tab are some check boxed. Put a check in the 'Include morphs when conforming' and' Include scales when conforming'. Now conform the item. It should fit.

This has been bugging me for a couple of years. Thanks for the solution!