Jeweled Sai prop for G8,G3,G2

EC3DEC3D Posts: 131
edited April 2019 in Freebies

Here I've gone and created a pair of detailed fantasy Sai for Daz Studio. The sai have three unique hand grip presets and come set up for G8f, G8m, G3f, G3m, G2f, and G2m. I've decided to share and now release them to you for free!

Modeled in Zbrush, textured in Substance, and unwrapped in RizomUV, with some final adjustments in Blender. The three texture presets are elemental themed, and keep an enchanted concept in mind.

Download from my mega link: https://mega.nz/#!tiB0xIgC!kFGe4aETg4w21UoIjC-i8lJ7u0w-gM36w-oWEEthOm8

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• EC3DEC3D Posts: 131

A closer look...

Sai Project.png
    2048 x 1536 - 3M
    ECH_Jeweled Sai - Air.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
  • kimhkimh Posts: 386

Thank you so much. These look awesome

You're welcome. The remaining 3 elements are complete and will be uploaded shortly, with some fixes for the original files as well.

edited May 2019

The second and final add-on for the ECH_Jeweled_Sai freebie is now available! Fire, Earth, and Darkness. Use this mega-link for the time being. In the next day or so I will load it up on Renderosity and ShareCG. It is recommended to perform a clean installaton, by following the uninstall instructions in the documentation folder included prior to installing this addon. Have fun.

https://mega.nz/#!hn5CDCqS!0VqDVA5o-s_W-sxtJbMV6VuICj1M0T2gjVdQ25S2FdE

Post edited by EC3D on
    edited May 2019

To anyone who has downloaded the file already, an issue with the folder hierarchy in this latest download has been brought to my attention. This would cause the sai to kick a data error and come out as just bounding boxes. I apologize for the inconvenience. I am re-packing the file now, but if you wish to forgo another download, you can simply navigate to your install location and in ...\data create a folder Echidnaean if you don't already have it, then dump the ECH_Jeweled_Sai folder into that. Or download from this updated link. Thanks.

https://mega.nz/#!hn5CDCqS!0VqDVA5o-s_W-sxtJbMV6VuICj1M0T2gjVdQ25S2FdE

Post edited by EC3D on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Just got the installation sorted out. Looks good, but the crystal doesn't show through the Darkness texture when I render. If I go into the Crystal Emissive properties and turn off Two-Sided, it appears, but it really needs a bit of a boost to the Luminance value to about 1000 or so.

<goes clicky-clicky on a few more test renders> Oh yes, that Fire texture is great! Red-hot glowing sharp pointy bits and fiery runes — I have a few characters who'd love to have one of these.     

I'm happy to see you are playing around with it!. It could certainly be I did my promo tweaks to the emissive channel AFTER if saved out the material presets. My emissive value was around 1200 on the crystal, depending on whether or not I am using bloom. My render presets for the promos use bloom with a high threshold and a tight halo, btw.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

I haven't really experimented much with Bloom, but it seems to be the Two-Sided setting that really throttles the visible glow. The crystal's only visible when I turn it off, but it only came close to matching the promo pics when I turned Luminance up to 1000.

Well thank you for posting your experience! It is still kind of difficult for me to forsee what will arise with myself as the only one pre-testing.