RRRR Chain contest Voting thread

TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello!

Do your duty, vote!!

You vote here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QDXWKRH
The images are here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28997/

Voting ends Sunday October 27, 23:59:59 DAZ local time.

Comments

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 1969

Okidoki, vote is out :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

I voted. I was glad we had a manageable number of images this time.

• hawkonthewinghawkonthewing Posts: 136
    edited December 1969

I voted! Lots of great entries again!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I voted. I was glad we had a manageable number of images this time.

Decided to keep it to a more manageable level.
  • SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Done, great renders :-)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited December 1969

...votes iz in.

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 1969

I voted as well. I really enjoyed everyone's renders. :-)

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

voted, so many were so close it was hard to decide their order

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited December 1969

Voted (at last!) - well done everyone, so many tough choices.....

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited December 1969

It was great fun, as always and, as always, hard to vote - so many awesome renders! :lol:

edited December 1969

bump - last chance to vote!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

What exactly am I voting ON? I mean, the title of the thread doesn't tell me anything- what the heck is RRRR Chain?
    I would of course vote on composition, lighting, etc- but what am I supposed to be looking for regarding RRRR CHAIN?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You really need to have followed the RRRR threads to understand. This is a fun Contest.

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    What exactly am I voting ON? I mean, the title of the thread doesn't tell me anything- what the heck is RRRR Chain?
    I would of course vote on composition, lighting, etc- but what am I supposed to be looking for regarding RRRR CHAIN?

This is the original contest thread, http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/29000/
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    You really need to have followed the RRRR threads to understand. This is a fun Contest.

Well THAT really answered my question. Not.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Novica said:

This is the original contest thread, http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/29000/

That answered it. Thanks!

edited December 1969

It is a fun competition, Novica. Join us for the next one whenever Totte starts it up.

edited December 1969

I don't have the BRAINS to join that thing- a text file? Doing a text file for 4,360 products? (and counting) Then you have to keep it updated.

In management, I always told people to keep it simple. Think outside the box. Will this box work, lol?

If you just enter the number of products you have in a randomizer (I used the www.psychicscience.org/random.aspx) and it picks the numbers, with the number of products shown in the Product Library, (there are 40) can't someone just take the numbers (28, 164, 200, 3412) and count off/ locate those products in the Product Library?

For 28, just find the 28th one on the first page.
    For 164, 40 x 4 (pages) equals 160, so I'd go to the fifth page and grab the 4th item from the top.
    For 200, 40 into 200 is 5. It's on the bottom of the 5th page, last one.
    For 3412, 40 into 3412 is 85 pages (which equals 3400) so all I do is go to the next page and grab the 12th item down.

Then I reuse one of these when I do another render.

Or am I missing something? This seems much easier to me than doing a spreadsheet. Multiply the efforts of all the people who want to participate doing spreadsheets- and updating them- and you're saving a lot of people time.

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    It is a fun competition, Novica. Join us for the next one whenever Totte starts it up.

And I'd only do it for fun, there's no way I'm competing against YOU (grin)

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 1969

Voting will end in a view hours!
    Is there any knowledge on how many people voted?

edited October 2013

Hmmm, Using my method and the numbers that generator did, I'd be using 1690 1682 1787 804
    So I wanted to test my method.

1690 divided by 40 per page=42.25 (so page 42 x 40=1680, I need 10 more to get to that 90, so I would go to the next page (43) and count down 10. I'd be using Songbird Remix, Australia Volume 2.

The 1682 is quite a happy accident, I already know I'd be on page 43 and get the second one from the top. Songbird Remix Near And Far Bundle.

1787 divided by 40 per page is 44.675 so page 40 x 44=1760, I go to page 45 to get to the 27th (I need 1787, not 1760) and it's Toon Bot Chomper. (Oh, that should be interesting with birds.)

804 divided by 40 is page 20, that is 800 so I go to page 21 to go down 4 more and it's Dynamic 1800's Maids Dress.

So NPLS (Novica's Product Library System) works. What a combination. Birds, a whacky robot, and probably a maid.

I tried that generator several times and it seems to clump two numbers close together pretty often. About four out of six times, two of the numbers were within ten numbers of each other (like above, the 1690 and 82)

The instructions for NPLS would be easy.
    1. take the number generated (N) and divide by 40. That is "A" (a page number)
    2. Multiply A x 40. That is "B"
    3. Take the number (N) and subtract B. N-B=C. This tells you the number of products still needed
    4. If you have any number other than 0 for C:
    a. A + 1 will tell you the page number you need to go to.
    b. On that page, count down using the number you got for C. (If C was 3, you'd count down 3 products.)

THIS ELIMINATES HAVING TO UPDATE YOUR TEXT FILES. Your product library is always current.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited October 2013

Novica said:
    Hmmm, Using my method and the numbers that generator did, I'd be using 1690 1682 1787 804
    So I wanted to test my method.

1690 divided by 40 per page=42.25 (so page 42 x 40=1680, I need 10 more to get to that 90, so I would go to the next page (43) and count down 10. I'd be using Songbird Remix, Australia Volume 2.

The 1682 is quite a happy accident, I already know I'd be on page 43 and get the second one from the top. Songbird Remix Near And Far Bundle.

1787 divided by 40 per page is 44.675 so page 40 x 44=1760, I go to page 45 to get to the 27th (I need 1787, not 1760) and it's Toon Bot Chomper. (Oh, that should be interesting with birds.)

804 divided by 40 is page 20, that is 800 so I go to page 21 to go down 4 more and it's Dynamic 1800's Maids Dress.

So NPLS (Novica's Product Library System) works. What a combination. Birds, a whacky robot, and probably a maid.

I tried that generator several times and it seems to clump two numbers close together pretty often. About four out of six times, two of the numbers were within ten numbers of each other (like above, the 1690 and 82)

The instructions for NPLS would be easy.
    1. take the number generated (N) and divide by 40. That is "A" (a page number)
    2. Multiply A x 40. That is "B"
    3. Take the number (N) and subtract B. N-B=C. This tells you the number of products still needed
    4. If you have any number other than 0 for C:
    a. A + 1 will tell you the page number you need to go to.
    b. On that page, count down using the number you got for C. (If C was 3, you'd count down 3 products.)

THIS ELIMINATES HAVING TO UPDATE YOUR TEXT FILES. Your product library is always current.

There is no requirement to maintain a text file or spreadsheet of products. Your method would be fine. You would only get DAZ items by that method. Some people have lots of things from Renderosity, RDNA, etc. and they like to include those items in their list. So some people choose to keep track of all purchases from all sites in a list or spreadsheet. Now we expect to see you enter the next contest!

Edited to add: Some people use http://www.random.org/ to generate the random numbers.

Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

Okay, as long as I don't have to do a spread sheet.
    I don't purchase from elsewhere very often, so not a problem. I can't keep up with what I've got from here! BTW, that random site did much better in generating numbers from all over.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited December 1969

...I think the current version of Taozen's Account Manager utility is still working. Makes it pretty easy.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited October 2013

Use DIM, on the Installed Page Select all and EXPORT selected as CSV. Open with any Excell type Program. You can Update this as soon as you like as often as you like for DAZ3D only content.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Voting is closed and votes are being tallied.

edited December 1969