Test render using my sewing pattern envelopes, but lights real messy

I have recently completed a set of 3 sewing pattern envelopes which I've created in Sketchup.

To be able to see the outcome of the envelopes in a scene outlay I have put a parallel light in front which turns out really bad!!

The left part of the image is not too bad, but the right part looks aweful with that horrible white part spoiling the image totally.

What type of light will work better in such a situation?  If the light is taken out, it's too dark.

Comments

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited April 2019

Hi Launok

You could try a dome light. If you use a Quality high enough, e.g. 100, then such a light can give nice result, but the render time will be slowed down considerably.

I prefer simple sphere lights to brighten up room. Two or three should be sufficient. The trick is to set the shadow softness to 100. Well positioned sphere lights can produce really nice results.  Hope it helps.

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • launoklaunok Posts: 782
    edited April 2019

Hi Launok

You could try a dome light. If you use a Quality high enough, e.g. 100, then such a light can give nice result, but the render time will be slowed down considerably.

I prefer simple sphere lights to enlight a room. Two or three should be sufficient. The trick is to set the shadow softness to 100. Well positioned sphere lights can give your really nice result.  Hope it helps.

Thank you for this tips.  I have to say, the image above took more than 2 hours to render but then I think it was set up on high render quality.  Usually renders take so long if it's a complete scene but this was just way too long!

This render took only 25 minutes - reset render options to lower quality.   Used sphere dome light and the difference is amazing!

SEWING SHOP 2.jpg
    1200 x 563 - 408K
    Post edited by launok on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,000

Laura - the second render looks great.

Electro-Elvis - thanks for the lighting tip. yes