Question about Strings product

Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,425

I recently purchased "Strings" by Mechasar.  It looks like it will be a great product, but I'm having trouble with posing.  

The ad copy reads: "You can auto-connect the string and the related prop just selecting the string first and adding the prop after. Move them with the ActivePose tool for a natural movement, or use the Parameters panel for your precision work."

I cannot figure out what it means by ActivePose tool.  I have clicked on the rope, for example, on the main "rope" section, "base" section, and the individual numbered segments, but I see no way to pose.  I would not have bought this if it couldn't be easily posed.

Does anyone know what I'm missing?  It's probably obvious, but I can't figure it out!

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I think that Active Pose are those three circles and a sphere in the upper left of the viewport window that allows you to pick a part and then select a circle and spin, moving the part. I think ;).

Laurie

Active Pose maybe.JPG
    183 x 148 - 13K
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

@Faeofthe3rdDimension, Not so obvious, actually. I think I've stumbled on some of these features, but I didn't put it all together until I saw this video. It's a few years old, but should get you started:

Pinning, Posing and the Active Pose Tool

It's easier to see details if you watch full-screen, too.

Hope this helps.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,425

Thanks AllenArt and L'Adair, I've never even heard of this feature before, I thought it was something included in the product.  I'll go watch that video now.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,425

Well, that's rather dissapointing.  I was hoping it would have "poses" built into it, like poses that make it curl up.

Oh well. I don't often have buyer's remorse with Daz, so I guess you take a few hits every now and then to even out all the awesome stuff.

Thanks y'all, I appreciate the help.  And at least I learned a cool new Daz function!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I found this product hard to use. I was hoping it would operate a bit like easy pose does, but it didn't. Needless to say it is langusihing in my runtime.

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

It would be fantastic if dforce could be attached, all my trys ended in a mess...

But great product anyway.