Jiggle Deformer Plugin Update

You can now get a new version (0.72) of the Jiggle Deformer for free from my website.

The update allows for multiple areas in the one instance of the modifier, so you don't have to add another modifier for each body part.  This also fixed slow response with Genesis figures.  There is also a link feature where conforming clothing can link back to the figure and copy all the parameters from the Jiggle Deformer on the figure and keep them up to date if they are changed.

I've also created two kinds of presets for the DAZ Genesis figures which you can download.  These contain the zones and targets in the right places so there is no need to figure out how to set the Jiggle Deformer up and they save a lot of time.  These are conforming props in .duf format which you install into your content folder.  The other kinds of presets are in Carrara .cbr format which can find the duf presets by name and then set up the deformer.  This means you can get jiggly with just a few clicks.

There are two youTube videos to demonstrate and explain the update.

First one goes over how to use the areas and set things up for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHoG2J-q5f0&t=20s

The second video shows how to install and use the presets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KH_o8eMsMw&t=185s

Always remember to adjust the progress slider to 0% at the start and to 100% at the end of the animation.

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219

Thanks Jeremy! yes So Cool!

The update allows for multiple areas in the one instance of the modifier, so you don't have to add another modifier for each body part.  This also fixed slow response with Genesis figures.  There is also a link feature where conforming clothing can link back to the figure and copy all the parameters from the Jiggle Deformer on the figure and keep them up to date if they are changed.

I've also created two kinds of presets for the DAZ Genesis figures which you can download.  These contain the zones and targets in the right places so there is no need to figure out how to set the Jiggle Deformer up and they save a lot of time.  These are conforming props in .duf format which you install into your content folder.  The other kinds of presets are in Carrara .cbr format which can find the duf presets by name and then set up the deformer.  This means you can get jiggly with just a few clicks.

Wow! Very Nice!

There are two youTube videos to demonstrate and explain the update.

First one goes over how to use the areas and set things up for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHoG2J-q5f0&t=20s

The second video shows how to install and use the presets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KH_o8eMsMw&t=185s

Always remember to adjust the progress slider to 0% at the start and to 100% at the end of the animation.

So Appreciated. Thank you So Much!!!

"I take no responsibility for how this deformer is used"

LOL!!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Really appreciate your plugins and hard work.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

thank you

thank you

thank you

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

jiggle. smiley  game of thrones like jiggle

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

I've never really know how to use this plugin, but I never watched these videos.
    I'll finally make a test with a rodeo with a big nice bull...
    Thank you for all your plugins, Jeremy!

• Omega ManOmega Man Posts: 70
    edited April 2019

Is the plugin just for Daz/Poser characters or can it be used for custom characters ?  In any case, thank you for making it free. 

Post edited by Omega Man on
    Omega Man said:

Is the plugin just for Daz/Poser characters or can it be used for custom characters ?  In any case, thank you for making it free. 

It's for anything you need to make Jiggle.

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • Selinita, you don't need an actual bone for Jiggle to work.  The minimum requirement is a target helper (actually any object will do) which I call the Target Mass.  This must have a parent that moves with whatever you want to jiggle.  For a blob like that the target helper could be parented to the vertex object or sphere you've used.  The painted weight map or a spherical zone is then used to tell the plugin what parts of the mesh to jiggle and by how much.

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626

Thank you Sparrowhawke - We are so lucky to have guys like you !

edited March 2021

• Selinita, you have found a bug !  If the target mass position = the parent position (something I didn't expect) then it gets an error because the scale should then be set to 100%.  I didn't do a zero value check which would have resulted in a potential divide by zero had I put it in.  Negligence on my part.  A divide by zero error should always be expected no matter what.

In your file the Target Helper Object, which is parented to the first Cube, needs to be raised up higher in the Z axis to avoid that problem till I make a new build to fix it.  Get to time = 0 and set the Target Helper Object Z to 1 unit (1ft) and set the Size of Mass to 1.0 ft then turn on the Maintain Volume which will then spread out the top of the cube which your weight map has set to get maximum deformation.

Jiggle isn't designed to be used as a replacement for real soft body physics, just simplified and more controlled cases on parts of a figure or object.  You couldn't really use it to make a cube of fudge, more like jelly on a plate.

The volume feature is in need of improvement.  The purpose is to flatten the volume when gravity pushes or pulls it down.  This flattening is restricted to the axis through the target helper to the parent and only working in/out along that particular axis.

edited March 2021

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,808

Soo who is going to try doing a Carrara version of this laugh

• I've uploaded a new minor build 0.721 with a fix for the Volume setting.  If the user sets the Target Mass at the same location as its parent bone it won't crash now and prevents the case if the volume ever happened to be pushed onto the parent bone's exact location.

edited March 2021

edited March 2021

WOW! Nice work !

edited March 2021

Naturellement, ...et de toi aussi! smiley

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Thanks for this, Sparrowhawk.  I'm still too early in the learning process to fully appreciate what you do, but I have used your edge falloff shader, and it is incredible.

Selina, your use of this new plugin is kind of mind boggling.  Very creative.  For sure, it is unique. :)

edited March 2021

edited March 2021

• Placement of the Target Mass is much more important for any rotation.  If the Target Mass is very close to the parent bone there will not be much jiggle when rotating.  Jiggle looks for the change in position from frame to frame of that Target Mass to bounce things around using some basic physics.  If the Target Mass is too far away the animation will be exaggerated.  Adjusting that distance will not have much effect when only bouncing up and down.

You can play around with the position of the Target Mass during an animation in addition to moving its parent.  Any measured movement is limited to within the Stretch value.

Selinita said:

Using UV mapping it's easy to create useful weight maps for use with this fantastic 'jiggle' modifier...

yes Truer words are rarely spoken! ;)

Very cool use of the modifier, BTW, Selinita! Bravo!

edited March 2021

• kwanniekwannie Posts: 865

Does this only work in Carrara, or can it work in DAZ Studio as well?